Nat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1934 Ford Roadster Pickup, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So how do you compare it against the stock softie? I had the slant back Trektop on my old TJ and loved it. So far though, I haven't found a reason to hate my stock softop, outside of the fact I prefer the Trektop look.

TheDoctor

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer ST, Pontiac G8 GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So how do you compare it against the stock softie? I had the slant back Trektop on my old TJ and loved it. So far though, I haven't found a reason to hate my stock softop, outside of the fact I prefer the Trektop look.
The wave in the back side windows is why I am sticking with the MIC top on my order...cannot get past how much that wave bothers me. Top in the OP's post looks great though!

Cable Guy

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, so much better looking. I’m also curious about the quality difference as I’ve ordered the same Bestop. OEM is ugly and I much prefer how the Bestop rests when open. Better visibility and probably less buffeting too.

Last edited:

RunNGunArk

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Jwwells62 as Well I am interested in your comparison of the Trektop to Factory. My BL SAS is set to build next week with MIC, but I kinda want a soft top for summer. I put a Mopar softop on my current jeep, but it folded back more like the Bronco Factory soft top. i had a Trektop on my JKUR previously.
BW

Sponsored

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The twill is pretty heavy duty. I just installed on my 2dr and I’m impressed how quiet it is. There is more noise compared to MIC, but mostly coming from back window area. Also the header latches don’t have as high a quality feel as the ones in the MIC panels. Otherwise the top is great. On the two door you don’t get a sunrider setting, so the top is either closed or fully open. I think my fav is just having the top in place, side and back curtains out.
Ford Bronco Trektop Bestop installed 30E9900A-2339-4C9D-8EDE-9BF930A4AE74

Ashlesophia

Wildtrak
First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Cadillac CT5, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Does anyone know if this will be easy to swap out with the MIC on a seasonal basis? I’m thinking of using the trektop during the summer months and mic for winter but if it’s a complete pain and needs to be disassembled and reassembled, I would have to think twice about the purchase.
Thank you for any advice!

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think if you are ok with giving up half a day and have a friend to help you carry the MIC top, go for it. Also, beer

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s the same material as the twill bestop for Jeep Wrangler. Before moving to FL I ran my twill top on jeep for several nasty winters up north. Never a problem. It is a four season top IMO. The rear window is not designed to roil or swing up - you’d just need to slide it out completely. Then it’s easy to put behind front seats assuming you don’t have rear passengers. Also no special tools needed. You reuse some of the MIC bolts and the tools are in the Bronco tool kit. I did need to use my own Philips head screwdriver and scissors. You’ll need loctite- the one supplied with my roof was dried up, but it’s just a minor item during one small step.
Also it helps to have your phone or iPad handy. I took my time and watched the install vid while reading the printed instructions.

Last edited:

Cable Guy

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Trektop rear window swings up like on a Jeep. I much prefer this to the OEM soft top. Your dealer is trying to screw you. You can absolutely do it yourself. Top retail is around $1700. Ford is charging $2400 for the same top.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The twill is pretty heavy duty. I just installed on my 2dr and I’m impressed how quiet it is. There is more noise compared to MIC, but mostly coming from back window area. Also the header latches don’t have as high a quality feel as the ones in the MIC panels. Otherwise the top is great. On the two door you don’t get a sunrider setting, so the top is either closed or fully open. I think my fav is just having the top in place, side and back curtains out.
Ford Bronco Trektop Bestop installed 30E9900A-2339-4C9D-8EDE-9BF930A4AE74
Did you guys get the heavy rains we've had up here in North Florida while you had this top on? Can you let me know if the seat gets tons of water on it when you try to get in, or if you have giant streams of water rolling on your head from the top? I'm about sick of getting completely soaked just getting in the Bronco on a rainy day.

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Your dealer is full of it, anyone can install it, they just want more of your money

if anything, find a Jeep shop that installs them, theyll have it done in half the time and a lot cheaper

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How fast could I safely go with the top back btw, on those mexican highways I tend to go 80ish
Sponsored