Neal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I know I’m one of the select few that this would bother but after placing my order for the Trektop, I learned Bestop moved from the very suttle Bestop tag on the passenger rear of the top to ‘BESTOP’ with their logo boldly above the rear window of the top. All tops being manufactured now have this so if you recently ordered this is what you’ll be getting. Bestop acknowledged the images on their website and other vendors needed to be updated. Bestop stated they could not send it without the change and have a ‘log’ of customers who have called in complaining about the misrepresentation. I want my Bronco to maintain a factory appearance and I am not interested in having a top with BESTOP in big white letters…due to this along with the loss of being able to fold the top all the way back and remove it…I am cancelling it.

I realize some may consider this a mute issue but wanted to make sure everyone was aware of the unadvertised change.
Just received mine from Amazon yesterday. It has the old logo.
Sponsored

idobleedblue

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4-door Badlands Sasquatch Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know I’m one of the select few that this would bother but after placing my order for the Trektop, I learned Bestop moved from the very suttle Bestop tag on the passenger rear of the top to ‘BESTOP’ with their logo boldly above the rear window of the top. All tops being manufactured now have this so if you recently ordered this is what you’ll be getting. Bestop acknowledged the images on their website and other vendors needed to be updated. Bestop stated they could not send it without the change and have a ‘log’ of customers who have called in complaining about the misrepresentation. I want my Bronco to maintain a factory appearance and I am not interested in having a top with BESTOP in big white letters…due to this along with the loss of being able to fold the top all the way back and remove it…I am cancelling it.

I realize some may consider this a mute issue but wanted to make sure everyone was aware of the unadvertised change.
I don't know if the big bold "Bestop" on the back would have been a deal breaker for me or not (still like it better than the OEM), but dang if this is what it looks like now... like this one on the jeep... I would be disappointed. It wouldn't make me want to get an OEM instead, but it would make me maybe consider waiting for a better option from someone else.

Ford Bronco Bestop Trektop Slantback Soft Top (Replaced Factory Soft Top)- Great!! .. Love it!! .. but be careful.. Pros & Cons Review 1658510243424

So glad mine just has this very small, hardly noticeable from a distance, tag on the passenger rear.

Ford Bronco Bestop Trektop Slantback Soft Top (Replaced Factory Soft Top)- Great!! .. Love it!! .. but be careful.. Pros & Cons Review 1658510488777

Mad Martigan

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and 1 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree with some here the logo on the back ruins it for me. If the OEM version now has that I’m out.

WLDCATR

Wildtrak
First Name
KW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wld '22 - 23 SQ8 AUDI
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Let me start by saying that I really did not mind my Ford Factory softop. I worked fine. However, I really liked the look of the Bestop and middle construction. Living in the NC mountains with snow and high winds, I wanted to have a top that was stronger. When I had the factory softop I only put it all the way back two times. I have no problems with the middle position. Here are some tips and pros / cons from switching tops.

Pros:
- Looks much better (windows / back )
- Less air noise
-No bars in truck area (hated them)
-Back window opens completely (VERY EASY)

Cons:
-assemble can be very challenging. Make sure you take your time with the screws and line them up perfectly. Do not use wrong screws. Two person job (trust me)
-harder to bring back to middle position (Still, not a problem for me)
-Does not go all the way back (But blocks back window- Problem for me)
-$1,800 to go from soft top to Bestop (For me it is worth it- still might not be for others)

Overall:
- I love this top. The look and how sturdy feel is enough for me. No regrets!!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask me.

Ford Bronco Bestop Trektop Slantback Soft Top (Replaced Factory Soft Top)- Great!! .. Love it!! .. but be careful.. Pros & Cons Review 1658510488777

Question.... I'm waiting for my Bestop twill to arrive and still having doubts about the sound the sound inside at high speeds? MY '22 4-door soft top is so loud inside that my wife and I have to almost yell to hear each other and forget using the phone. Have you noticed a significant sound diference at high speeds vs the original with the Bestop?

Who iz

Badlands
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, 4Runner, Jimmy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Stupid -but an honest 'request'.😏
Please update/change the post's title image.
Ford Bronco Bestop Trektop Slantback Soft Top (Replaced Factory Soft Top)- Great!! .. Love it!! .. but be careful.. Pros & Cons Review 1690337781723

The public restroom image on the right side...looks odd.
Bronco and public restroom image- not a great combination...:poop:..:sick:🦀... does the 'walking to restroom woman' get royaltie$?

I am 100% grateful we have choices of tops...hoping for many more in time...tan or off white fabric would be great!

Last edited:

Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Question.... I'm waiting for my Bestop twill to arrive and still having doubts about the sound the sound inside at high speeds? MY '22 4-door soft top is so loud inside that my wife and I have to almost yell to hear each other and forget using the phone. Have you noticed a significant sound diference at high speeds vs the original with the Bestop?
My Trektop is quieter than my OEM hardtop was. What you explain is exactly what I had with the hardtop, wind noise was so bad forget using Bl uetooth phone calls. With the Trektop I can make phone calls just fine. Now that’s not to say I would describe it as “quiet”, but it’s acceptable for what it is, a ragtop. It’s also quieter than my buddies OEM softop, and so much better looking and functional. He is waiting to score a deal on one like I did and replace the garbage OEM top.

WLDCATR

Wildtrak
First Name
KW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My Trektop is quieter than my OEM hardtop was. What you explain is exactly what I had with the hardtop, wind noise was so bad forget using Bl uetooth phone calls. With the Trektop I can make phone calls just fine. Now that’s not to say I would describe it as “quiet”, but it’s acceptable for what it is, a ragtop. It’s also quieter than my buddies OEM softop, and so much better looking and functional. He is waiting to score a deal on one like I did and replace the garbage OEM top.
Thank you... that's great to hear... really good news.... should receive mine by Friday and then install the following week. Thanks again.

Cisco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150, 2022 Bronco 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This has been great reading as I've been going back and forth between the Bestop version and the Rampage version. With the new logo added to the rearof the Bestop version I am really leaning towards Rampage.

What's really pulling me towards the Rampage is the way the top folds onto itself has a cleaner look to me, the rear windows stores within the top iteself, and it looks like it will be super simple to switch from the soft top to hard top in the colder months. It also looks like I can replace the strut attaching nuts and bolts with a pull pin like on my boat bimini top and completely remove the top and store it in the back in just a couple minutes.

Something about the fit and finish about the Rampage top makes it look a little cheap compared to the twill version of the Bestop. Not sure what it is but I can't seem to unsee it. It's not a deal breaker for me.

Does anyone else have any thoughts or input on the Rampage top versus the Bestop top?

Baja Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco, 20 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Except for the posted pic, I haven’t seen any with the obnoxious big logo. When I got mine, smaller one, right upper corner. Top is somewhat quiet, quieter than OEM, but lets face it, it’s a convertible, you will hear some noise. The Bestop totally changes the look of the Bronco, that’s why I got it.

WLDCATR

Wildtrak
First Name
KW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Except for the posted pic, I haven’t seen any with the obnoxious big logo. When I got mine, smaller one, right upper corner. Top is somewhat quiet, quieter than OEM, but lets face it, it’s a convertible, you will hear some noise. The Bestop totally changes the look of the Bronco, that’s why I got it.
Anyone have a pic of the new logo??

Sponsored

WLDCATR

Wildtrak
First Name
KW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Pg 6, red Bronco.
Thank you... and yes...its seems loud... and then there is always a black marker to fix it... I suppose and will know more once mine get here. Again thx.

Baja Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco, 20 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thank you... and yes...its seems loud... and then there is always a black marker to fix it... I suppose and will know more once mine get here. Again thx.
I think you’ll get the smaller label. As I said, except for that pic, I haven’t seen any others.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I think you’ll get the smaller label. As I said, except for that pic, I haven’t seen any others.
There are definitely many others. I have seen that posted on the larger Bronco groups several times starting about 2-3 months ago. Hopefully they take the feedback and change it back, but there is definitely a batch of them out there with this huge logo.

BrianH

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Loving mine!

Agreed. I DID order the soft top, to avoid the additional wait of the hard top, almost certainly losing out on AMB. I still opted for the Bestop, and sold my factory soft top.

Ford Bronco Bestop Trektop Slantback Soft Top (Replaced Factory Soft Top)- Great!! .. Love it!! .. but be careful.. Pros & Cons Review 1690337781723
How much did you get for your factory softop - thanks
Sponsored