Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Badlands, MT High 2 Dr, V6 Outer Banks, Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
LOL. No it might not be quick.

There appears to be a little more prep work and more work to do on the actual top (fabric and bows, etc) than is needed with the 4 door JL Wrangler (never installed a top on the 2 door JL). The JL top comes self contained with all bows pre assembled to the fabric top.

With the Bronco, you have to install some of the bows onto the fabric top and to each other it seems. BUT, it appears to be much lighter this way and much less cumbersome than the Jeep 4 door JL. I think my wife may actually like installing this top better than the Jeep's as a result of the above. Time will tell!

Broncola

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Element, ā€˜75 Bronco widow
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks for posting the link. Initial thoughts, don't make a 40min video and not show every step. Video of installation sheet is annoying even if easy steps. 2nd, I would spend way more time laying the "J seal" on perfect.

I really wanted to love this soft top, but the fastback angle is just too much for me. If it was half it's present angle, it might be perfect. That said it still looks looks great as a safari top with no side or rear windows. I might even consider buying it for just that and not install any of the lower hardware or seals. Bestop needs to release a header style bikini top w/ no gap at the front windshield. I hope they or someone else does soon.

Brianstrange

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 EB , 67 Stang, 77 GMC Motorhome, A6 3.0T, W211
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So......Does the lower seal stay on when you swap to hard top in the winter?

Sponsored
OP
OP
stuckinohio

stuckinohio

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for posting the link. Initial thoughts, don't make a 40min video and not show every step. Video of installation sheet is annoying even if easy steps. 2nd, I would spend way more time laying the "J seal" on perfect.
Thought the same thing! Kinda weird. I think they do it in two or three spots with the the instruction sheet instead of actually demonstrating it.

OP
OP
stuckinohio

stuckinohio

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm thinking I saw Bestop team indicate it could stay in place when you put the MIC top back on (in another thread) Seems like the protective tape and foam seals that are applied first should be able to stay on. Or we'll be going through a set of foam seals a year.

Baddie64

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Liberty, 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just do not like that it does not fold all the way down.
Kind of a deal breaker for me.

I do like the way it looks fully on.

OP
OP
stuckinohio

stuckinohio

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just do not like that it does not fold all the way down.
Kind of a deal breaker for me.

I do like the way it looks fully on.
Agreed. I initially thought I wouldn't order one because of this. But with precipitation being so often and unpredictable where I live, I don't like just running with MIC top off and not being able to quickly seal up the vehicle.

I tried a bimini top (solid, not mesh - might be wrong word?) on the JL and it doesn't afford much shielding from rain. And without any other options right now, I'll deal with the weirdness of not going all the way back/down to the back of the Bronco.

Sponsored

Trilifter7

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150, 2022 Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Besides the foam tape and seals I wonder if any of the other hardware on the roll bar has to be removed to reinstall the hardtop. I really wanted to like this top but Iā€™m thinking the factory soft top might be easiest to switch between. Too bad you canā€™t order a factory soft top yet

Koz44

Outer Banks
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I see lots of comments about the top not folding all the way back/down. As someone coming from a 4 door wrangler I have to say that I normally leave it with the front section flipped back and the back and side windows off. I donā€™t think I folded the top all the way back once all summer last year. Folding it back up is a pain and there is a significant loss of rear vision with it all the way down.

This option (on the Bronco top) gives plenty of openness and seems perfect to me - my sons on the other hand, always put the wrangler top all the way down.

I have to say that the installation of this top appears that it will take significantly longer than the switch out on my wrangler top.

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a two door twill bestop in two boxes in my garage. I think Iā€™m gonna list it for sale and get the sunrider. Especially after seeing that vid.

Brianstrange

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 EB , 67 Stang, 77 GMC Motorhome, A6 3.0T, W211
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Besides the foam tape and seals I wonder if any of the other hardware on the roll bar has to be removed to reinstall the hardtop. I really wanted to like this top but Iā€™m thinking the factory soft top might be easiest to switch between. Too bad you canā€™t order a factory soft top yet
I may be wrong, but I think the Bestop Trek is the same one offered thru Ford for the 2 door. Buying thru Bestop gets you a lifetime warranty and at a lower price.

Trilifter7

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150, 2022 Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I may be wrong, but I think the Bestop Trek is the same one offered thru Ford for the 2 door. Buying thru Bestop gets you a lifetime warranty and at a lower price.
That's correct. The only accessory top Ford offers is the Best Top. You currently can not purchase the Factory soft top unless it came on your Bronco to begin with, that's what I was referring too. The factory Soft Top made by Ford seems much easier to switch between it and the hard top.
Sponsored