First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m curious how some Dobison’s Springs + SVC Coil Spacers would feel…
Sponsored

Sloth

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Not yet, still waiting for the springs to get done at powdercoat. If I don’t hear anything after this week I’ll call them to check in. I’d like to get them in before the end of the month but it’s not looking promising. 😢
Any progress on the powder coat and install? I pulled the trigger on a Dobinsons setup with the 566 front and 569 rear springs (V6 4dr). Install scheduled for next week….

Wobblez

Black Diamond
First Name
justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Any progress on the powder coat and install? I pulled the trigger on a Dobinsons setup with the 566 front and 569 rear springs (V6 4dr). Install scheduled for next week….
The good news is I got them back from powdercoat. I’m still waiting on install though. I’ll be doing it myself at work and with all the other things I need to install I’ll need to take a day off of work but will be there working on my Bronco. 😂Maybe next week if I can sweet talk my manager, but most likely the following week.
img_5348-jpeg.jpg

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The good news is I got them back from powdercoat. I’m still waiting on install though. I’ll be doing it myself at work and with all the other things I need to install I’ll need to take a day off of work but will be there working on my Bronco. 😂Maybe next week if I can sweet talk my manager, but most likely the following week.
img_5348-jpeg.jpg
Looks like my kinda “day off”

King_Bronco0327

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I just put these on my front (after adding about 160lbs of steel bumper and winch)

https://dobinsonusa.com/products/do...0646DBikCFEvmx9tIyqnEtuJYyB-KhfFgwk95HKN7fZtY

I looked at the Eibachs - but noticed they didn't even have a rating for weight, and the local shop described them as "a little soft" - sooo...

https://www.extremeterrain.com/eiba...h-rear-pro-lift-springs-e30-35-056-01-22.html

I have a 2 door, and specifically DIDN'T want a lift (yet) but that's down the road, so the super beefy, heavy duty Dobinson's sounded like the right way to go (rather than a perch collar, which raises the height, but also pre-compresses your springs)
The second link you gave says it provides 2-3” of lift on Sasquatch. Did yours add lift?

Sponsored

Draughon

Badlands
First Name
Daylon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 4-Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

doyleaa

Outer Banks
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Anyone running their full kit yet? 2.3L extra-load sounds like a nice setup.
I have the full Dobinsons IMS suspension installed on my 22OBX non-sas. I can say after getting it dialed in, it rides great! Standard spring rate up front, heavier duty in the rear for when all my gear gets loaded up.

5CC50241-1AE0-463B-9D14-42D3F2E5EAD2.jpeg

Sloth

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
TLDR- Happy with the Dobinsons IMS lift. 👍

Long version…
Just had the Dobinsons kit installed on my Bronco yesterday. They installed Dobinsons IMS dampers front and rear with the Dobinsons 566 front spring (+110lbs) and 569 rear spring (+150-300lb). I also had Icon UCA’s and Dobinsons lower trailing arms installed with a RCI fuel tank skid and rock sliders.

Here she is as delivered on stock SAS suspension. Plastic bumper, plastic engine shield, and no skids…
Ford Bronco Dobinsons Suspension Heavy Springs FullSizeRender

Here she is on stock SAS suspension with 160lbs of bumper/winch and 120lbs of metal skids (+280). The bumper and winch caused a noticeable drop up front…
Ford Bronco Dobinsons Suspension Heavy Springs FullSizeRender

Here she is post lift now supporting the same 160lb bumper and 120lbs of skids, but with an additional 60lbs for a fuel tank skid and 135lbs of rock sliders (+475lbs total).
Ford Bronco Dobinsons Suspension Heavy Springs IMG_6788

The lift is subtle, but I can confirm two inches of lift measured from the ground to the bottom of the crash bar up front. The Dobinsons lift is listed as 2-3” on the Sasquatch models. I asked the shop to play it safe and stay closer to 2” and keep some rake for when I load up the rear.

Here is a shot of the CV axle and tie rods. Far from an expert, but angles don’t look bad to me…
Ford Bronco Dobinsons Suspension Heavy Springs IMG_6786

Here’s a quick driveway flex test. 6.5” risers on opposite corners is hardly a challenge for a stock build…🤣
Ford Bronco Dobinsons Suspension Heavy Springs IMG_6790

No off-road yet, but I’ve gotten ~120 miles of driving around town and open road. The ride is firmer and more controlled with less brake dive and body roll. Doesn’t feel harsh over speed bumps and potholes. It aligned to proper spec and tracks down the road well. So far I am pleased with how the Dobinsons IMS lift turned out.

Last edited:

Wobblez

Black Diamond
First Name
justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Finally got everything installed today! So far I’m in love with the ride quality. I did put the rock jock anti rock sway bar on so I have a little more body roll than before. But I am super happy with the Dobinsons ims on the road. Might be a little while until I get to test it off road.
Ford Bronco Dobinsons Suspension Heavy Springs IMG_5382

Ford Bronco Dobinsons Suspension Heavy Springs IMG_5383

Ford Bronco Dobinsons Suspension Heavy Springs IMG_5385

Sloth

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@Wobblez

I'm still running the stock sway with my Dobinsons IMS setup, but am thinking about making the switch to the AntiRock bar. Are you running the Antirock as delivered or did you setup with longer links?

Sponsored

Heckler

Wildtrak
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
How do you like the Toyo RT Trails? Did you take much of a hit in MPG? I’m looking at these and debating between these and the AT3 since there C Load range and about 9lbs lighter each, I really like the look of the RT Trail better though.

TLDR- Happy with the Dobinsons IMS lift. 👍

Long version…
Just had the Dobinsons kit installed on my Bronco yesterday. They installed Dobinsons IMS dampers front and rear with the Dobinsons 566 front spring (+110lbs) and 569 rear spring (+150-300lb). I also had Icon UCA’s and Dobinsons lower trailing arms installed with a RCI fuel tank skid and rock sliders.

Here she is as delivered on stock SAS suspension. Plastic bumper, plastic engine shield, and no skids…

Here she is on stock SAS suspension with 160lbs of bumper/winch and 120lbs of metal skids (+280). The bumper and winch caused a noticeable drop up front…

Here she is post lift now supporting the same 160lb bumper and 120lbs of skids, but with an additional 60lbs for a fuel tank skid and 135lbs of rock sliders (+475lbs total).

The lift is subtle, but I can confirm two inches of lift measured from the ground to the bottom of the crash bar up front. The Dobinsons lift is listed as 2-3” on the Sasquatch models. I asked the shop to play it safe and stay closer to 2” and keep some rake for when I load up the rear.

Here is a shot of the CV axle and tie rods. Far from an expert, but angles don’t look bad to me…

Here’s a quick driveway flex test. 6.5” risers on opposite corners is hardly a challenge for a stock build…🤣

No off-road yet, but I’ve gotten ~120 miles of driving around town and open road. The ride is firmer and more controlled with less brake dive and body roll. Doesn’t feel harsh over speed bumps and potholes. It aligned to proper spec and tracks down the road well. So far I am pleased with how the Dobinsons IMS lift turned out.

Wobblez

Black Diamond
First Name
justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
How do you like the Toyo RT Trails? Did you take much of a hit in MPG? I’m looking at these and debating between these and the AT3 since there C Load range and about 9lbs lighter each, I really like the look of the RT Trail better though.
I have the at3’s and absolutely love them. I’m going to Moab in April so I’ll see how they do in some more serious off-roading. I’m also curious on the rt trails because I’m contemplating getting those when I move to 37s later this year.

Wobblez

Black Diamond
First Name
justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@Wobblez

I'm still running the stock sway with my Dobinsons IMS setup, but am thinking about making the switch to the AntiRock bar. Are you running the Antirock as delivered or did you setup with longer links?
I'm running it with the links it came with and everything seems to fit fine. I noticed they sell longer and shorter links on their site and say they may be needed. The instructions have you assemble them and turn the ends all the way down until they stop so there is a lot more adjustment to lengthen them. I however don’t think it’s needed.

Heckler

Wildtrak
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yea there so close but the Trails have a bit more aggressive sidewall.

What size AT3 do you have? Any pics posted?

I have the at3’s and absolutely love them. I’m going to Moab in April so I’ll see how they do in some more serious off-roading. I’m also curious on the rt trails because I’m contemplating getting those when I move to 37s later this year.

Wobblez

Black Diamond
First Name
justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yea there so close but the Trails have a bit more aggressive sidewall.

What size AT3 do you have? Any pics posted?
I am running a 285/75/17.
these are the pics with the best view of them that I currently have.
Ford Bronco Dobinsons Suspension Heavy Springs IMG_5389

Ford Bronco Dobinsons Suspension Heavy Springs IMG_4961
Sponsored