George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350 DRW CC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am assuming that removing the muffler with a muffler delete kit like the FlowMaster Outlaw axle-back might make the FS stop you from using their trails. Anyone have experience with that?

Why are dBs not reported? Georgia almost passed a law to allow up to 95 dB for enthusiasts vehicles. As of now, it is only on officer discretion (which would never hold up in court with a really strong challenge.) Has anyone found a list of dB outputs by muffler?
Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am assuming that removing the muffler with a muffler delete kit like the FlowMaster Outlaw axle-back might make the FS stop you from using their trails. Anyone have experience with that?

Why are dBs not reported? Georgia almost passed a law to allow up to 95 dB for enthusiasts vehicles. As of now, it is only on officer discretion (which would never hold up in court with a really strong challenge.) Has anyone found a list of dB outputs by muffler?
Why would the FS care? Do you mean from a spark arrestor standpoint?

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Maybe don't just consider it from a legal standpoint, but also from the perspective of other people using the NF. They probably didn't go to the forest to listen you drive around all day.

Sponsored

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I donā€™t know what your intent is and I certainly respect other peoples differences, but if I met someone on a back country trail without a muffler, I would probably think to myself, ā€œWhat an idiot (or worseā€¦)ā€. Or perhaps assumed you ripped off your muffler depending on the terrainā€¦. Sorry, nothing personalā€¦.

I want my Bronco as quiet as possible. This has enabled me to ā€œsneak up onā€ wild burros, deep in the Big Bend back country.

Long ago (in my younger years), I had my 350 Chevy powered CJ3A way down on South Padre Island, running down unoccupied stretches of beach at high speed with open headers. Stopped and chatted with a Park Ranger who said nothing about the open headers. It was an exhilarating experience that I remember to this day.

So, been there done thatā€¦. But that was back in the mid-70ā€™s. Today, unfortunately, as we overrun public lands with our off road vehicles and piss more of the public off, we are going to get legislated against and areas will be closed to all vehicles.

Tread Lightly and Quietlyā€¦.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Haven't seen an official dB list but numerous vendors have videos showing dB readings of their products from both inside and outside the truck.

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ā€˜1928 model A, ā€œ23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Well technically changing the exhaust from oem federal spec is illegalā€¦in Calif mufflers must have epa stamps to be legalā€¦that said it is up to to whatever authority that ya are dealing withā€¦as with most ā€œmodificationsā€ ya pay your money and take your chancesā€¦used to love the straight pipes but as I get older loud exhaust is becoming annoyingā€¦
Sponsored