Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seeing a Badlands in person, I can tell you the top definitely does not match the flares. The grille and top matched very nicely and if you caught the top and flares at the right angle, they looked exactly the same or extremely close. This was an overcast day, though, and I bet in direct sun the difference will be more dramatic. With the black grille and mirrors, I think you will be best off spraying the MIC top in black Line-X, or getting the black painted modular top.

Obviously the top I saw was still preproduction, but the color was so close to the Carbonized Gray grilled on the Badlands that I don't see it changing.
Sponsored

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

For what it’s worth, I asked one of the Ford agents on the B&P and this is what he said. Grain of salt. And I imagine nobody will really know for sure till we see a production vehicle. ??‍♂ Still I think it looks good on that prototype Area 51.

766FE62E-03EB-4607-A262-BC10110BFCA8.jpeg
That dude (Bradley) is flat out wrong. He says the flares are “mostly“ Carbonized Grey - wtf does that mean ???

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For what it’s worth, I asked one of the Ford agents on the B&P and this is what he said. Grain of salt. And I imagine nobody will really know for sure till we see a production vehicle. ??‍♂ Still I think it looks good on that prototype Area 51.

766FE62E-03EB-4607-A262-BC10110BFCA8.jpeg

I'm fairly certain that these CS agents, when asked a question, literally just go to the Ford.com website specs pages, or fire up the B&P, and quote what they read there.

Their job is primarily answer calls from old people who aren't tech savvy and just want to know what the biggest motor they can spec in something is.

TNBronc4344

Badlands
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thats what I’m worried about too with the Wildtrak having a black grille, mirror caps and rims. It is really hard to tell in pics with lighting. But since you’ve seen it, that’s troubling.
If I were going WIldtrak I’d go back to the Black top if offered (if this is all true and not late availability or MY22). I’m a BL order so I think I’ll stick with MIC gray

OP
OP
FTBronco9

FTBronco9

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That dude (Bradley) is flat out wrong. He says the flares are “mostly“ Carbonized Grey - wtf does that mean ???
I think what he was trying to say was that they’re all carbonized grey with the exception of the OBX body color flares. ? I do agree that they might not know much and are just going off B&P site. A friend suggested to me to just go with the mic top and if I don’t like it, then I can always just buy the black one later. Sounds like a good idea to me.

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ok, so we all know they took away the shadow black top for wildtrak and now they’ve brought it back, whatever. But I’ve gotten used to the fact that I was getting the MIC top instead. I’ve used the search so don’t shoot me if this has already been asked 100 times. But does the MIC top match the fender flares? Especially those of you who have seen it in person back East and in mammoth. If it matches I’m fine with it. But if it doesn’t then I might consider going back to shadow black.
But they've gone back on their word of which top is included with the WT. It currently shows MIC as the included top and the MOD is at $1895. Opposite of what the PDF said but in line with what the HTML page says. They must be rearranging the trim levels to account for item shortages/supply rates?

OP
OP
FTBronco9

FTBronco9

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

But they've gone back on their word of which top is included with the WT. It currently shows MIC as the included top and the MOD is at $1895. Opposite of what the PDF said but in line with what the HTML page says. They must be rearranging the trim levels to account for item shortages/supply rates?
Ok, so admittedly I’m starting to get confused on these tops. What’s the difference between the mic top and the modular? Is the mod top the one with the windows that pop out and has 4 pcs where as the mic top has just 3 pcs?

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ok, so admittedly I’m starting to get confused on these tops. What’s the difference between the mic top and the modular? Is the mod top the one with the windows that pop out and has 4 pcs where as the mic top has just 3 pcs?
The MOD allows you to take out the back 2 windows. And the texture is smooth and possibly painted.

The MIC is bumpy, has fixed in place windows and is some form of gray.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thought you'd never ask!

Ford Bronco Does MIC Top match? Top Differences

Sponsored

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Ford Bronco Does MIC Top match? Top Differences
Totally wrong . The top is MIC carbonized grey and the flares are the MIC black that Ford has used forever on the lower lip spoilers under the bumper .

OP
OP
FTBronco9

FTBronco9

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So in the new updated version of B&P, when you click on the info button of the mic top, which is already selected as standard, it says that this top is standard on the Wildtrak. Then swipe to the next one which is the black mod top and it says this one is standard on the Wildtrak. ??‍♂ Is it really this hard for Ford to be clear on these things?

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think what he was trying to say was that they’re all carbonized grey with the exception of the OBX body color flares.
This is still wrong, all the flares are MIC black (not MIC grey), same as what @Rydfree stated. Just re-stating this so you don’t believe all the flares are grey except the OBX - to be clear, ALL the flares are MIC black except the non squatch OBX which are body color.

Addict

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 f150 and 2008 GMC 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is there any info on the two doors getting color matched Modular tops? Aside from the black that is listed and the MY22 white? The configurator looks to show the 4D models getting color matched tops but not the 2D?

2D BL Squatched

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think what he was trying to say was that they’re all carbonized grey with the exception of the OBX body color flares. ? I do agree that they might not know much and are just going off B&P site. A friend suggested to me to just go with the mic top and if I don’t like it, then I can always just buy the black one later. Sounds like a good idea to me.
This is true, but beware that while the black mod top is about $2k if ordered with your bronco, it will be about $4k if ordered separately and with who know what kind of waitlist
Sponsored