Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ok, so we all know they took away the shadow black top for wildtrak and now they’ve brought it back, whatever. But I’ve gotten used to the fact that I was getting the MIC top instead. I’ve used the search so don’t shoot me if this has already been asked 100 times. But does the MIC top match the fender flares? Especially those of you who have seen it in person back East and in mammoth. If it matches I’m fine with it. But if it doesn’t then I might consider going back to shadow black.
Sponsored

OP
OP
FTBronco9

FTBronco9

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

From what I understand the fender flares are a black not gray MIC type plastic material
Have you seen it in person?

OP
OP
FTBronco9

FTBronco9

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

No one has seen a "production" MIC top yet, but the preproduction tops do not match the flares.
So do you think the production mic tops will look different than the one they’ve been touting around the country? Also, have you seen it in person?

Sponsored

evgenyvasenev

Badlands
First Name
Evgeny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vasenev.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The MIC doesn't match, but it's not drastically different. I think it depends on the light. I am worried about it too as BD has a lot of black details and I am wondering how they match each other. Like flares, a grill, bumpers. I have seen in person BL Area 51.

Reactions: RLW
OP
OP
FTBronco9

FTBronco9

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Idk why, but I think that the mic top will pretty much be the same as that Area 51 Bronco we’ve seen. Could be wrong

OP
OP
FTBronco9

FTBronco9

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The MIC doesn't match, but it's not drastically different. I think it depends on the light. I am worried about it too as BD has a lot of black details and I am wondering how they match each other. Like flares, a grill, bumpers. I have seen in person BL Area 51.
Thats what I’m worried about too with the Wildtrak having a black grille, mirror caps and rims. It is really hard to tell in pics with lighting. But since you’ve seen it, that’s troubling.

Bronco88

Black Diamond
First Name
Ajay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
fenders are molded in colour black not carb grey, I'm going shadoow black mod top and I think it will match better with the fenders than the MIC carb grey top.

Sponsored
OP
OP
FTBronco9

FTBronco9

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

fenders are molded in colour black not carb grey, I'm going shadoow black mod top and I think it will match better with the fenders than the MIC carb grey top.
Damn, that’s what I was thinking too. Just thinking about another $2k though ??‍♂. I know it was originally on the Wildtrak but before I was considering OBX. Then when the price dropped it made more sense

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In person the top is MIC grey and the flares are MIC black .

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks good from what I've seen on the Carbonized Grey paint. That said, I don't imagine you'll have a hard time finding a million new variants of fender flares when the aftermarket kicks in in 2021. I know I'd plan on pulling the OEM flares for aftermarket ones. The interesting part as noted is why Ford thinks it makes sense to have a 'gloss' grill and mirrors without forcing painted fender flares......

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I saw the A51 overland in person and the MIC top does not match the flares, bumper, door handles as those are all MIC black (on a Badlands anyways). Maybe they are making the production MIC grey tops a little darker but they will be grey and not black and therefore not match perfectly. But, as others have said, the MIC top does vary with light conditions so depending on angle and light it might appear to match in certain situations. Here’s my pic of seeing it live and a very close up pic of the MIC top and you can see it is dark grey but it has a shine/sheen to it so it reflects light well and therefore appears lighter.

Ford Bronco Does MIC Top match? 47C23C48-0F21-471B-9753-BE55A954911B

Ford Bronco Does MIC Top match? EC9119B3-1EAE-4053-9B13-43F57CA63703

OP
OP
FTBronco9

FTBronco9

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

For what it’s worth, I asked one of the Ford agents on the B&P and this is what he said. Grain of salt. And I imagine nobody will really know for sure till we see a production vehicle. ??‍♂ Still I think it looks good on that prototype Area 51.

766FE62E-03EB-4607-A262-BC10110BFCA8.jpeg
Sponsored