Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion xB / Toyota Sienna. RIP my 96 Ranger Splash
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gonna go MIC and get a bikini top on the aftermarket. I figure there will be a few options by the time of delivery in late 21 or early 22.
Sponsored

HorizonHunter

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

yeah have no idea why they made the gladiator stoop so hideous looking. It's bad enough seeing the wrangler owners who don't know how to properly fold the soft top back and make it look clean and then you see the gladiator as if the wind caught the top and just threw it back on top.
Supposedly they didn't want top down to interfere with a load in the truck bed if it went all the way down to the beltline. I think they should have left it up to consumer, bulk item in bed, leave your top up.

YTFORD

Outer Banks
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge ST & 2020 GT PP2
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The current hard top you can order on B&P is grey so thats a no for me. Ill take the soft top then wait for the black modular hard top or something else.

From looking at pics the grey hard top does not pair nicely with the black on the door frames.

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Unless you order a hard top.

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If you are on the fence, get the hard-top and wait for an aftermarket soft top. A 4dr wrangler soft-top can be had for as little as $800 new but a good hard-top will be closer to $3500. The MIC HT for $695 is a steal. You probably won't find any used/take-off's for the Bronco on Craigslist for several years. I'm hoping for a good sunrider type of solution that covers both the first and second row but keeps the rear HT shell on. Or at least a good bimini/shade. I really wanted to do the soft-top but just can't pass on the HT for the price, especially knowing that it will cost thousands more if I want one later.

Sponsored

Jpeyer

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I personally am getting the mic. As stated above it is a steal. It will pair with one of my color choices. I will also get a bimini aftermarket. If I was waiting for a painted hardtop (black) I would have to be pretty patient. Understanding that they will be satisfying the wildtrak and first edition orders first for those that wanted that top. Which on a side note looks better with all black accents like those 2 vehicles. The reason for the other colors (body and white) being a 22 color I presume is to satisfy the black tops as stated above. They will all be functionally identical with the only difference being color. Once the external supplier is up to speed and orders on 21 are satisfied they will add the other colors to the mix.

Casual Pork

Black Diamond
First Name
Cardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4D Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Get on Amazon and install you a overhead kayak hoist for like 30 bucks you could hook your hard top to it and lift it off with that. you wouldnt need the wife. And top will store overhead out of your way.
Ford Bronco MIC top or soft top CargoLoc-Kayak-Garage-Hoist_00

Quite an economical option for $22. Will it safely hold a 4-door MIC hardtop?
CargoLoc

NCLife

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am getting the soft top now and order the modular top later. I have to have the hard top with the removable rear quarter windows. Seem like we will have to wait a year after launch to get that one. Then again, a 3rd party may make a top with that feature sooner.
This was something new for me. So there will a hardtop coming with removable rear quarters that the current one doesn’t have? Any detail on this anywhere?

jeep364

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Jeep WK
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm not a top completely off guy, in fact I'd be happy with a fixed top. That said, I think the MIC Grey is wonderful. All plastics fade anyways and this will mitigate that (already faded :) )

Sponsored

Dajosh

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 2018 Hyundai Tucson 1967 FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Last I heard the hard top will be late availability. If that is still the case, you will need to consider the fact you could be waiting awhile to get your Bronco.

CCross

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy 2500HD Duramax, 2000 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The soft top looks like doo doo

But I want to be topless and doorless as much as I can and I dont want to store that damn thing in my garage with the help of my wife all the time taking it on and off

I will probably get the soft top now and hope bestop comes out with one quickly
Maybe someone else knows, but I’m assuming Bestop made the OEM soft top. They make the one for the Wrangler. If that’s the case, the good news is they’re already working on aftermarket alternatives to the OEM top. I like the frameless tops that you can get for the Wrangler. Hopefully we get something similar that can go from full soft top to safari top all in one. I want a safari top either way. And those will be way cheaper in the aftermarket. I have a Bestop safari for my Jeep and it was less than $150 with the windshield channel.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As of yesterday and until further notice, which may be tomorrow.... I'm going soft top.

I'd convinced myself that I liked the mic even tho the windows don't open, and the gray is nice.... But...

I realized I want that bikini look at times and then, with no money invested in a top, I can always add or change it later.

So there. For now. Lol

jntaylor1701

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco II Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This was something new for me. So there will a hardtop coming with removable rear quarters that the current one doesn’t have? Any detail on this anywhere?

The only one now to order is the MIC Grey hard top with 2 front removable panels, a single panel in the middle and removable rear cap over the cargo area. (4 Door Model)

The Modular top is black with all the same removable panels plus removable rear quarter windows. It was supposed to be an option with some trims and part of some packages like the Wildtrack. But it looks like Ford doesnt have it ready to go for launch.