K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Something to think about for those on the fence of just waiting for aftermarket. Unlike the Jeep, the bronco is a frameless door so that seal on both hard and soft top will need to be good. It’s not as simple as aftermarket for Jeep since they only need to cover the top and not actually line up 100% with the window like the bronco does. Just pointing this out as I was thinking aftermarket myself but realized the window will have to be perfect line with the top so I’ll stick to OEM
Sponsored

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We're going with the soft top now, modular later if we decide we want a roof rack. The MIC color and, IIRC, the lack of removable rear side windows is a non-starter for us.

The modular delay actually makes ordering easier for us now, as we don't have to wrestle with a soft top vs. modular decision now.
I am thinking about doing the same thing, but need to know if the wiring and tube for rear wiper and defrost will be there when I do add the modular top.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Something to think about for those on the fence of just waiting for aftermarket. Unlike the Jeep, the bronco is a frameless door so that seal on both hard and soft top will need to be good. It’s not as simple as aftermarket for Jeep since they only need to cover the top and not actually line up 100% with the window like the bronco does. Just pointing this out as I was thinking aftermarket myself but realized the window will have to be perfect line with the top so I’ll stick to OEM
Doesn’t the top seal against the roll cage (or whatever it is called)? So it does have a fixed area to seal against, right?

cmb

Wildtrak
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Always cheaper on the hard top to purchase from factory. I would just get the hard top and either wait for better aftermarket or there are always people that purchase both tops from factory then realize they are never going to remove the hard top and end up selling them.

hammerdown

Black Diamond
First Name
DAVID
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford 150 Screw
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The soft top looks like doo doo

But I want to be topless and doorless as much as I can and I dont want to store that damn thing in my garage with the help of my wife all the time taking it on and off

I will probably get the soft top now and hope bestop comes out with one quickly
Get on Amazon and install you a overhead kayak hoist for like 30 bucks you could hook your hard top to it and lift it off with that. you wouldnt need the wife. And top will store overhead out of your way.

Sponsored

hammerdown

Black Diamond
First Name
DAVID
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford 150 Screw
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Always cheaper on the hard top to purchase from factory. I would just get the hard top and either wait for better aftermarket or there are always people that purchase both tops from factory then realize they are never going to remove the hard top and end up selling them.
Yeah that's what I'm gonna do I'm wondering why there's not an option to get both tops though.

[ Not talking about the Bimini add ons, a full soft top with the MIC]

I cannot believe Ford doesn't have that as an option to get both tops. as if people are not going to want to do that. Most Jeep guys i know have multiple tops.

Since MIC Is only a $600 option I'm going to go ahead and get the hard top and ill find an after market soft top later.

If I have my way the Bronc is staying topless all summer long anyway and the hardtop would be on in the Winter. I may decide i dont need a soft top, who knows. I can just park it in shop on bad days, drive the truck.

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Doesn’t the top seal against the roll cage (or whatever it is called)? So it does have a fixed area to seal against, right?
I don’t believe so because the side windows have to have some sort of channel to go into in order to keep water out. Jeeps use the frame of the door to make sure the window seals each time when up but the bronco doesn’t have a frame on the door for the window to roll up in since it’s frameless. So I would assume it has to seal using the removable top like a targa top of a corvette does.

EDIT: sorry I read that wrong. Yea im sure the top has a way to seal using the bars that are attached to the vehicle itself but what I worry about is the window sealing properly to the aftermarket tops

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t believe so because the side windows have to have some sort of channel to go into in order to keep water out. Jeeps use the frame of the door to make sure the window seals each time when up but the bronco doesn’t have a frame on the door for the window to roll up in since it’s frameless. So I would assume it has to seal using the removable top like a targa top of a corvette does.
I had read on here that the channel they seal to was also on the roll cage, not the roof. I don’t know if that is valid, but that’s what was written.

Last edited:

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No. You get the soft top, or for a $700 upcharge you can get the MIC Hard top instead.

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I had read on hear that the channel they seal to was also on the roll cage, not the roof. I don’t know if that is valid, but that’s what was written.
OHH that would be cool then. If that’s the case it would be nice to not worry about the window not sealing with aftermarket if the channel stays on the vehicle

Sponsored

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have you never seen how a convertible car top works? It is not a technical issue.

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No. You get the soft top, or for a $700 upcharge you can get the MIC Hard top instead.
sooo..... where does the credit for the soft top go? or do you think the MIC cost is actually the price of the soft top plus 700?
So then thinking about it - if that is the case- then the painted top will be more than $1800 from the dealer - since the soft top credit was already used up with the MIC. - Correct? On a Wildtrack - there is no option for a soft-top - it is just MIC.

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
sooo..... where does the credit for the soft top go? or do you think the MIC cost is actually the price of the soft top plus 600?
Yes! As far as Jeeps go, the Soft top costs about $1500, and the MIC top costs $2200. I think the painted top is another $1500 on that, so perhaps $3700. I suspect everyone that is wanting to wait for a painted modular top will have to part with $3500+ for it, and probably pay shipping and maybe even have it painted once it arrives.

mneblett

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150, 2019 Mustang GT vert, 2019 Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am thinking about doing the same thing, but need to know if the wiring and tube for rear wiper and defrost will be there when I do add the modular top.
Ford rep said yes at one of the Bronco events.
Sponsored