Sponsored

Does the bronco normally have a tight steering feel?

Earlybroncoboy

Badlands
First Name
Wagner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22Bronco,76bronco,73bronco,06F250,96F250,97F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anyone else feel like the broncos power steering is super tight. Seems it takes more effort than it should to steer just under normal driving. Turning in a parking lot seems fine. I’m talking like 10+ mph seems to take way more effort. Bronco just wants to go straight and the first wheel movement to get it to not go straight is a bit tiresome.

Please note this isn’t my first bronco had a base that I did 2” lift 35s, a Sasquatched bronco with level kit, factory wheels, maxxis razr mts and 1.5 wheels spacers and now a badlands Sasquatch with level kit, factory wheels, maxxis razr mts and 1.5 wheel spacers. I don’t recall this on my previous 2 broncos.

I have taken the spacers off. And played with the toe in toe out just to see if it wanted to be at either end of the spec to be happy. Seems a bit better in the toe out end of spec but still not great. I’m at 500 miles.

Anyway is this normal and I just failed to notice it on my other broncos…. Or did I get a wonkey rack.
Sponsored

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My sas wildtrack steering is “normal” to me.

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Nothing on the Bronco is tight. Steering, brakes, throttle, even HVAC controls... everything is soft, numb, light, slow to react, and sloppy. Which is fine, but I would think you might have an issue if anything is "tight."

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think you probably got a rack with either a tight spot, or an intermediate shaft that's got a tight joint. I have 2 6g Broncos, and have upgraded racks in both...steering has always been buttery smooth, both before and after the swap. Let me ask you this...does the wheel return to center on its own? Or do you have to kinda "help" it center? If it will continue to turn and not re-center when moving that usually indicates something too tight in the steering

WheresMyCar

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Imo, you would be best to judge, since you have previous experience with this vehicle. Mine is fine. It doesn’t turn on a dime like my Audi, but that’s to be expected.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Earlybroncoboy

Earlybroncoboy

Badlands
First Name
Wagner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think you probably got a rack with either a tight spot, or an intermediate shaft that's got a tight joint. I have 2 6g Broncos, and have upgraded racks in both...steering has always been buttery smooth, both before and after the swap. Let me ask you this...does the wheel return to center on its own? Or do you have to kinda "help" it center? If it will continue to turn and not re-center when moving that usually indicates something too tight in the steering
Returns to center just fine. Almost seems notchy to get of center honestly. Kinda like ur driving with the lane assist on and trying to over come it. That’s all turned off

OP
OP
Earlybroncoboy

Earlybroncoboy

Badlands
First Name
Wagner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Imo, you would be best to judge, since you have previous experience with this vehicle. Mine is fine. It doesn’t turn on a dime like my Audi, but that’s to be expected.
I think the bronco handles great it’s just harder to steer than I can recall in my other ones. I have a feeling it would be a fight to explain or get a dealer to do anything

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Returns to center just fine. Almost seems notchy to get of center honestly. Kinda like ur driving with the lane assist on and trying to over come it. That’s all turned off
And when dry steering while not moving it doesn't do that at all?

dj101nyc

Wildtrak
First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend w/4.27 & rear dif
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Does anyone else feel like the broncos power steering is super tight. Seems it takes more effort than it should to steer just under normal driving. Turning in a parking lot seems fine. I’m talking like 10+ mph seems to take way more effort. Bronco just wants to go straight and the first wheel movement to get it to not go straight is a bit tiresome.

Please note this isn’t my first bronco had a base that I did 2” lift 35s, a Sasquatched bronco with level kit, factory wheels, maxxis razr mts and 1.5 wheels spacers and now a badlands Sasquatch with level kit, factory wheels, maxxis razr mts and 1.5 wheel spacers. I don’t recall this on my previous 2 broncos.

I have taken the spacers off. And played with the toe in toe out just to see if it wanted to be at either end of the spec to be happy. Seems a bit better in the toe out end of spec but still not great. I’m at 500 miles.

Anyway is this normal and I just failed to notice it on my other broncos…. Or did I get a wonkey rack.
Are you driving on 4H?

OP
OP
Earlybroncoboy

Earlybroncoboy

Badlands
First Name
Wagner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

[/QUOTE

Nope seems normal. I’m sure this steering is dynamic and reduces the amount of assist as your drive faster. Seems mine reduces way to quick if that makes sense.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Earlybroncoboy

Earlybroncoboy

Badlands
First Name
Wagner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nope seems normal. I’m sure this steering is dynamic and reduces the amount of assist as your drive faster. Seems mine reduces way to quick if that makes sense

TX-Dennis

Wildtrak
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My steering feels pretty light with little or no feedback. Mine is a 2.7 2 door. The steering is fairly numb, but light. Turning circle is quite small on the 2 door as well.

I think I read somewhere that the power steering system is different between the 2.3 and the 2.7. Could that be what you're noticing?

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
No, it's light and a bit sloppy. Mustang is better (tighter). My Son's 20 year old Frontier is much stiffer (and thus better)

jddunfee

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I had a 2021 ranger tremor and I think they forgot to put power steering on it lol. It was way hard to turn. Got my obx squatch bronco and it's right about where I think it should be. Ten fold better than the ranger.
Sponsored