First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Since my familytruckster was totaled by a deer I am going to have to move the family in the Bronco this weekend. This is going to be a cluster but I am looking for tips. I have a soft top which I am very happy with, but what sized dog cage can I fit in the back? I will be loading in a freaking great dane. Then my wife and three kids... nearly 13, 9 and 5 in the backseat. I can already hear the fighting for the 5 hour one way road trip.
Sponsored

Last edited:

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Since my familytruckster was totaled by a deer I am going to have move the family in the Bronco this weekend. This is going to be a cluster but I am looking for tips. I have a soft top which I am very happy with, but what sized dog cage can I fit in the back? I will be loading in a freaking great dane. Then my wife and three kids... nearly 13, 9 and 5 in the backseat. I can already hear the fighting for the 5 hour one way road trip.
first, I'd pick up a backseat fence thingie off amazon and not bother with a crate for something as big as a great dane.

Then, put the 13 yr old in the front passenger seat, the other two in the backseat, and have your wife drive.

Then you stay home and drink whiskey in a peaceful house.

OP
OP
PrepVet

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
first, I'd pick up a backseat fence thingie off amazon and not bother with a crate for something as big as a great dane.

Then, put the 13 yr old in the front passenger seat, the other two in the backseat, and have your wife drive.

I like the way you think. lol

But a soft top and a fence won't mix nor would punny fabric stop him. lol Also the wife hates the Bronco so she wouldn't drive it even if it gave her $1,000 bills from the air vents.

Happycampinman

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Man I agree with HotdogThud, send the family and stay home drinking. I took my three grandkids and our dog up north for the weekend and I will never do that again with the Bronco. Just not enough room. Good luck to ya

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was thinking something similar, but the dog stays home too

Sponsored

Rjacks258

Wildtrak
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2019 Ford F250, 2009 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

We’re heading from SWFL to NC next week, my wife our 18 and 11 yr old girls, and no dogs and I wonder how comfy the girls will be for 12 hours. I can’t imagine dogs and more people. I have a roof rack for our luggage to free up the back, but the back seats in the Bronco are pretty straight up, not sure how back seat passengers will fair on a long trip. I agree with above post, a great dane in the back alone should be enough room. Can’t imagine a correct sized crate would fit

Last edited:

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you have a 4 door all will fit , just no other room for cargo. If 2 door don't even try it.

Oh yeah....are we there yet?

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
1) Take two vehicles

2) Rent a van

3) … I got nothin’ else

PorkchopExpress

Outer Banks
First Name
Rafa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco,Toyota Supra LE
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I hit a buck going 65 and replaced the grill and cruise sensor. That was the least impact ive ever felt from hitting a deer and the first time I was able to drive home from one. So hopefully you wont lose the Bronco to a deer.
Sponsored