patientB

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have a Badlands 2-door w Sasquatch on order. Been going back and forth on the 'squatch.

Also have an 8 year old son.

Anyone have experiences to share regarding their little ones scrambling up into the bigger rigs?
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Kids can climb... and most kids really enjoy climbing... so it has never been a huge issue for me. Took a few tries for my daughter but she figured it out eventually.

That said, if you are on the fence about the Sasquatch package... it may not be worth the cost. This is especially true with the manual transmission, but I'd argue it isn't worth it on the automatic either.

Ultimately depends what you intend on using your Bronco for. If you are going to turn it into a rock crawling machine with 37-40" tires, then the 4.7 rear axle ratio is worth it. But if it's going to just be a family fun vehicle for weekend camping/fishing/skiing trips, and you just happen to like the look of the 35" tires, I don't think it is worth the added cost.

VonMussa

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 4Runner, 2015 Yukon XL, 1968 Datsun Roadster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

7,8,10,10 havent had any issues getting in our FE without any steps or stirrups yet. They are used to the lifted 5th Gen 4Runner we are replacing though. I did get some StickerFab door sill protectors. Also added some Bartact handles.

RalBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Kids can climb... and most kids really enjoy climbing... so it has never been a huge issue for me. Took a few tries for my daughter but she figured it out eventually.

That said, if you are on the fence about the Sasquatch package... it may not be worth the cost. This is especially true with the manual transmission, but I'd argue it isn't worth it on the automatic either.

Ultimately depends what you intend on using your Bronco for. If you are going to turn it into a rock crawling machine with 37-40" tires, then the 4.7 rear axle ratio is worth it. But if it's going to just be a family fun vehicle for weekend camping/fishing/skiing trips, and you just happen to like the look of the 35" tires, I don't think it is worth the added cost.
I hear you 100%. The main 4 wheeling I’ll be doing will be on sand, but I ordered the Sasquatch solely for the reason that I think Broncos look ridiculous WITHOUT it.

SigSauer226

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Ford Mustang Fastback, 2011 Ford Mustang G
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a 10yo girl and 7yo boy. They both love the Sasquatch and climbing in and out. They said it's not hard and they like it.

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hear you 100%. The main 4 wheeling I’ll be doing will be on sand, but I ordered the Sasquatch solely for the reason that I think Broncos look ridiculous WITHOUT it.
Haha... yeah I don't disagree with that at all.

For the Base trim, I do think the Sasquatch package is must-buy unless you intended from the beginning to upgrade your Bronco over time. For every other trim, it really does depend. But for most people with families and are using their Bronco for weekend family trips... it is just more economical and makes a lot more sense to put on 35" tires yourself. Especially considering the Sasquatch package can impact your build date. And if you are buying a manual transmission, the Sasquatch package is just straight up a bad purchase.

My opinion? The best bang-for-your-buck is the Black Diamond trim without the Sasquatch package & aftermarket 35s. Worst purchase is the Wildtrak trim—although admittedly I tend to get a lot of hate for that opinion since the Wildtrak trim is fairly popular.. Personally, I'd buy the Outer Banks trim with the Sasquatch package over the Wildtrak trim.

Last edited:

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have a BD not squatched and my 6yr definitely has to climb into the back seat. He actually asked when I was going to get steps like the Tahoe. Haha

But he manages just fine. Found the grab handle and uses that.

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Mine don't mind it, but I got door sill protectors because that is the first spot they put their feet.

Zap74

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-3. Volkswagen Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My nine year old daughter loves climbing in! My wife not so much!

CTS-V

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac CTS-V
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
9 year old son and 7 year old daughter have no problems climbing in.

Sponsored

StillWaiting

Base
First Name
Jess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 3500HD Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have a 6 yr old and I bought power step sliders from Rock Slide Engineering so my little one doesn’t have to climb into my Sasquatch when I pick her up from school.

jedmisten

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My nine and eleven year olds have no problem climbing into our SAS’d BL.
Sponsored