Sponsored

Door alignment issue, looks like its not fully closed.

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Update! Dealer body shop got it all straightened out.

The rear edge of my passenger door sticks out a bit, like its not fully closed. Its minor but quite noticeable when looking down the side of the Bronco. The dealer said its a hinge alignment issue, does this make sense? The stick out is the full width of the door, not just the top or bottom. Also there is no alignment issue with the front of the door and the front fender. It seems to me this would be a striker or latch issue. I would like to get it corrected, but do they really know what they are doing? Anyone else have this issue, and can it be corrected by adjusting the hinges?
Sponsored

Last edited:

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s possible. Should be warranty

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you're comfortable doing so, try taking the door off and put it back on.

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The rear edge of my passenger door sticks out a bit, like its not fully closed. Its minor but quite noticeable when looking down the side of the Bronco. The dealer said its a hinge alignment issue, does this make sense? The stick out is the full width of the door, not just the top or bottom. Also there is no alignment issue with the front of the door and the front fender. It seems to me this would be a striker or latch issue. I would like to get it corrected, but do they really know what they are doing? Anyone else have this issue, and can it be corrected by adjusting the hinges?
It is either the latch or striker. If they have a body shop at the dealership call them not the service/repair department.

TrailRaider

Badlands
First Name
Mr. G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST, Mitsubishi Montero, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also remember that the rear fenders are removable, which means they may have a small amount of adjustment as well. Could be a little striker/latch, could be a little fender alignment, could be a little of both. Just an idea. Either way, if its quite noticeable, seems like it should be covered by the factory warranty if you just picked it up.

Sponsored
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Heritage Limited REB
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

You can loosen latch plate possibly and tap with rubber hammer and push it in 1/16 inch then lock it in place ! Door adjustments should have been caught by dealer during PDI !

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't know what you guys are talking about, it looks closed to me🤷‍♂️
Sponsored