John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado 2500 HD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a 2023 BL, SAS, 2-door with the LUX package. I took it to a PPF business last week for a total wrap. They took off all the door handles to complete the wrap and now they can’t get the handles back on. I know the business and have seen other wraps that they have done on other Broncos. They state that the 2023 latch assembly is different. They had 3 different body shop technicians look at it today with no positive results. Has anyone else heard of this issue?
Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The 2023 is identical to all other broncos. There is a screw that needs to be turned out until the door handle will release from the latch. Once it does, the handle will slide out of the door.
To go back in, you need to slide the front of the handle into the door, then push the back of the handle in towards the door, into the latch while at the same time retightening the screw.
Depending how far out or in the screw is, the door handle may not want to go back into the latch. This picture probably won’t help much, but maybe it’ll give you an idea of what I mean. This is the removal, basically just do the opposite to install.

Ford Bronco Door Latch Issue 361BF974-6445-4B1B-98C5-5ADBA05DAA76

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have a 2023 BL, SAS, 2-door with the LUX package. I took it to a PPF business last week for a total wrap. They took off all the door handles to complete the wrap and now they can’t get the handles back on. I know the business and have seen other wraps that they have done on other Broncos. They state that the 2023 latch assembly is different. They had 3 different body shop technicians look at it today with no positive results. Has anyone else heard of this issue?
Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your Bronco concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.

OP
OP
Clayhill

Clayhill

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado 2500 HD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The 2023 is identical to all other broncos. There is a screw that needs to be turned out until the door handle will release from the latch. Once it does, the handle will slide out of the door.
To go back in, you need to slide the front of the handle into the door, then push the back of the handle in towards the door, into the latch while at the same time retightening the screw.
Depending how far out or in the screw is, the door handle may not want to go back into the latch. This picture probably won’t help much, but maybe it’ll give you an idea of what I mean. This is the removal, basically just do the opposite to install.

Ford Bronco Door Latch Issue 361BF974-6445-4B1B-98C5-5ADBA05DAA76
By the way, the 22 and 23 internal latch mechanism is different. The local dealer currently has a 2023 F150 and two 23 Broncos (same latch mechanism) they are replacing the latches on. The guy from the body shop has an appointment to meet with local PPF installers to demonstrate how to take off the 2023 handles. Mess it up and it cost a little over $1,000 for a 2 door.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

By the way, the 22 and 23 internal latch mechanism is different. The local dealer currently has a 2023 F150 and two 23 Broncos (same latch mechanism) they are replacing the latches on. The guy from the body shop has an appointment to meet with local PPF installers to demonstrate how to take off the 2023 handles. Mess it up and it cost a little over $1,000 for a 2 door.
Just checked the parts catalog.
2021, 2022 and 2023 all have identical part numbers for the door latches.
I’m also not sure where you are getting $1000, the door latch on a 21-23 2 door bronco retails for $300 brand new from Ford

Sponsored
OP
OP
Clayhill

Clayhill

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado 2500 HD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just checked the parts catalog.
2021, 2022 and 2023 all have identical part numbers for the door latches.
I’m also not sure where you are getting $1000, the door latch on a 21-23 2 door bronco retails for $300 brand new from Ford
I guess you can back out the emergency order. I’m just relaying what the Ford guysaid. See picture

48D35159-DEB5-49FD-8687-2BF54D35E068.jpeg

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I guess you can back out the emergency order. I’m just relaying what the Ford guysaid. See picture

Ford Bronco Door Latch Issue 48D35159-DEB5-49FD-8687-2BF54D35E068
Oh okay. I was just talking part price for one latch, not both including labor. Makes more sense.

OP
OP
Clayhill

Clayhill

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado 2500 HD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh okay. I was just talking part price for one latch, not both including labor. Makes more sense.
I had to wait a week longer, but at least I didn’t have to pay for! The PPF installer had to pay or make a claim on his insurance. I’m just ready to start driving it. Had it since 2/17 and really only had it 3 days. Thanks for your help.
Sponsored