First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 18 Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So it looks like I'll have to get the soft top if I ever expect to see a Bronco. Because I leave some stuff locked in the rear when traveling I am now looking at getting the Diabolical Slipstream Security Enclosure. Both it and the Ford cargo area storage box claim to be secure when the tailgate is closed and locked.

In every other vehicle I've owned if someone gets inside they can easily open the tailgate or trunk by just hitting the door unlock button. Does the Bronco have a feature where these interior switches are disabled when you lock the vehicle from the outside?

Thanks for the info. Also if there's something out there similar to the Diabolical product I'd be grateful for a link to check it out.
Sponsored

RVABronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Great questions... following as I am also looking into enclosures.

Hulk23

Black Diamond
First Name
Ding
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2-Door Ford Bronco EG, Scion TC, Triumph Scrambler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have just ordered from tuffy. Their desription states, “The vehicle power lock switches on the tailgate become disabled after a few seconds when locking the doors with the key fob so the enclosure remains secured while you’re away.” Is this what I think it is? I’ll try later when I wake up.

Hulk23

Black Diamond
First Name
Ding
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I remotely locked the door with the driver side window open and placed remote away. I reached in to unlock with both the button and the mechanical Lever/toggle. Dash flashed a message (I forgot) something about security. I should have taken a picture. So, all doors actually will not open even when someone breaks the window or reach in - if the bronco is topless. Looks like the enclosure will be secure unless forcibly opened.

Conclusion: interior switches are disabled when remotely locked.

UPDATE: I locked it without using the fob with the window open. I reached in and tried unlocking and got the same prompt from the dashboard. Cool!

Last edited:

Hulk23

Black Diamond
First Name
Ding
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
With the remote fob 10 feet away, this is what shows up in the dash if you reach in to an open window after locking it with the fob.
Ford Bronco Door lock and tailgate lock operation question 91D964A0-4E8B-4F57-B521-F0ED9504D25E

UPDATE: I locked it without using the fob with the window open. I reached in and tried unlocking and got the same prompt from the dashboard. Cool!
Sponsored

Last edited: