Sponsored

Doors in trunk, how heavy.. two persons job?

Whydoors

First Name
Ok
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler jku
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Saw the video yesterday..

im a jeep wrangler jku 2016 owner here.

this bronco storm got my attention alright.

i noticed that the trunk is set higher on the new bronco.. it isn't leveled flush with the doors trim. Is there a reason for this? I worry about visibility. i like big windows in the back.. both sides and rear. I'm a short claustrophobic person and i need very large windows In the back, especially in winter.
i presume, this is to hold the doors inside the trunk. Could they just raise the rest of the interior so we could sit higher and be in-line with a flush trunk instead?

how heavy are the doors? In some video there are two people removing the doors..Are they heavy? Usually putting them back is the most delicate part if you don't want to scratch the paint.
on the wrangler jku, i usually need help to put the front doors back..

i know you can put the doors in the trunk but what if you open the soft top with the doors still in the trunk?

i'd really like to see a review with the doors in the trunk, driving around in the city with tons of potholes and bumps.. last thing i want is to dent or scratch the doors. So im curious to see how secured that is.

about the Optional door with a cut.. is there a glass in the hole or is it it open? You can grab the person leg can you? I presume its the same idea with most no door.. you have to have a security anti theft if you leave the bronco in a parking lot .or in a rainny day

i really like the idea of 35-37 tires Without modification. This is what i hate about my jeep. I added 2.5 lift to my jeep and yes it looks cool, but it won´t handle as good as stock. But still acceptable once you correct all the geometry. But that comes with a price.. and factory parts you have to store in case you need to put your jeep back to its factory setup..
on the bronca , you need to do nothing. You simply buy new tires.
i presume , even the spare tire carrier is strong enough to supprt the weight of a 37.

on the wrangler jku and jlu.. you have to upgrade with aftermarket trunk hinges , change the rear bumper and change the rear brakelight adapter aswell. What a pain.

anyway, if someone has the info on the doors weight
and how you open the soft top while carrying the doors in the trunk, i'd like to know.
Sponsored

PREMiERdrum

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Flex, 2016 Explorer, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The doors - despite being aluminum - are fractionally heavier than the Jeep's at around 50lbs for the fronts and 45 for the rears. (the increased weight is likely from thicker glass and panel insulation)

Apparently the process goes:
- Roll windows all the way down
- Open door and slide protective bag over
- Disconnect electrical plug (a spring hinge door closes to cover connections)
- Remove 2 door bolts.

Last edited:

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There was a video (so many i've seen i don't remember which one) of a guy removing a door and carrying it himself. Parts of the roof section look to be easier to remove with 2 people though.

Hydro556

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj
Your Bronco Model
Base
The doors - despite being aluminum - are fractionally heavier than the Jeep's at around 50lbs for the fronts and 45 for the rears. (the increased weight is likely from thicker glass and panel insulation)

Apparently the process goes:
- Roll windows all the way down
- Open door and slide protective bag over
- Disconnect electrical plug (a spring hinge door closes to cover connections)
- Remove 2 door bolts.
Not trying to argue, but everything I've read and heard indicated 1 long thru the hinge bolt per door, for removal.

Hopefully we will see video soon of all panels and doors being removed and reinstalled

High Proof

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2018 Panamera
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow, I didn't know that. I would have guessed them to weigh less. Not a big deal. I take my JKU doors off and put them on by myself all the time. And they won't fit in the back.

Sponsored

PREMiERdrum

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Flex, 2016 Explorer, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Not trying to argue, but everything I've read and heard indicated 1 long thru the hinge bolt per door, for removal.

Hopefully we will see video soon of all panels and doors being removed and reinstalled
I had heard that as well, but the description published mentioned two bolts (this was MT or R/T). In any event, it sounds like a reasonable process that was thoughtfully designed.

dmo1028

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma TRD Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That's the way I understood it too but in one of the many video reviews I watched yesterday, one guy specifically mentioned 2 bolts (1 for each hinge) on both sides. It was almost like he had heard the 1 bolt theory and was trying to over emphasize that point to make it clear. It would have been nice for him to demonstrate, but he didn't. I wish I could find the video and share the link. If I find it I will let you know.
Sponsored