Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hmmm...lots to think about. I can see taking the doors off when I'm out and stashing them in the tent. But driving around with them in the back, unsecured...maybe not such a good idea. And yeah, theft. Unless you can pop them back on pretty quickly in a parking lot, I would leave them on or at home. Space is not an issue, though - I can fit everything I need for a couple of weeks in a pack and a cooler.
Take a bicycle cable lock and lock them to a tree. Haha
Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ChrisKz, I'm thinking like you. What would be cool is like sjp said, while out camping stashing them in a tent, but when I camp, I pack up when wheeling. Things must be real safe in Colorado Springs, but down South, leaving camp and coming back is just risky. particularly when pricey doors, a $400 tent, maybe some gear are all left out just waiting to be grabbed by some punk.

If I get those holy doors will just have to check the weather real good before an overnight trip. Since I'm getting marine vinyl and rubber floors with the drain, I can place a sheet of plastic over the dash and steering wheel overnight if I do get caught in a shower.

Thank god for good quality waterproof gear and boxes.

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
According to this thread, storage bags for the doors is an option:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/allowable-and-excluded-options-per-trim-level.2528/
{
"selected": [
"2 Door",
"BASE"
],
"allowable": [
"Storage Bag - Front Row Roof Panels & Door",

Not that that's a huge deal, but I'm trying to get a list together of what I want to get from Ford and what I'll worry about later.

Lots of other stuff on the list as far as what's allowed, not allowed, and included with each trim.
I figured the storage bags would be an extra cost option. But I'm also wondering about where they go in the trunk - is there a specific trunk floor or set of tie downs that hold the doors in place? Or do they just get wedged in there wherever they'll fit?

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I figured the storage bags would be an extra cost option. But I'm also wondering about where they go in the trunk - is there a specific trunk floor or set of tie downs that hold the doors in place? Or do they just get wedged in there wherever they'll fit?
Good question. My guess is they just get thrown in back, but I guess we'll have to wait and see. I'll be happy to have the bags so I don't get mud all over my sleeping bag when I stash them in my tent.

aplm7

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer 2015
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Do a lot of people buy tube doors for this reason? You get the same feeeling, without having to remove the doors at all. And you can drive down the highway with those?

Sponsored

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

ChrisKz, I'm thinking like you. What would be cool is like sjp said, while out camping stashing them in a tent, but when I camp, I pack up when wheeling. Things must be real safe in Colorado Springs, but down South, leaving camp and coming back is just risky. particularly when pricey doors, a $400 tent, maybe some gear are all left out just waiting to be grabbed by some punk.
I've never had problems with people swiping things from camp here in Colorado, but I know it's a problem other places. In Mexico at 14,000', dudes came through camp on dirt bikes and swiped everything that wasn't locked down. I was in my tent so I didn't lose anything, but other folks came off the mountain that day and their camps were literally gone. Not cool.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do a lot of people buy tube doors for this reason? You get the same feeeling, without having to remove the doors at all. And you can drive down the highway with those?
Yep. Depending on what they cost, I'd like the doors with holes in them. Not to sure of driving all the way to my trails/camp area with no doors.

Many do this with Wranglers and it does look fun, but not sure what a crash would be like. Say this, but a Wrangler would never fair well in a crash; they're poorly built up top where the people sit. Crash test results are the worst. This is one of the reasons why the thought of a Jeep with a V8 is loco.

rubikiller

Black Diamond
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
does anybody know if both the top and the doors can be stored in the back on the 4 door? i've seen some videos where that was casually mentioned.

ghost1986

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Marquis
Your Bronco Model
Base
I plan on rocking my base model like i did my old Geo Tracker back in the day. Pull one of the rear seats for cargo room and it should be plenty of space for the doors and front hard top section.

Honestly i may just pull both rear seats. On my Tracker I used the one rear seat maybe 5 times in 5 years. Id love to build a flat platform across the entire back seat area maybe 8-10" tall with lifting lids in different parts. Arrange my tools and whatnot under the platform in the cargo space and have a super roomy open cargo area for big items.

Reactions: sjp

Sponsored

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I plan on rocking my base model like i did my old Geo Tracker back in the day. Pull one of the rear seats for cargo room and it should be plenty of space for the doors and front hard top section.

Honestly i may just pull both rear seats. On my Tracker I used the one rear seat maybe 5 times in 5 years. Id love to build a flat platform across the entire back seat area maybe 8-10" tall with lifting lids in different parts. Arrange my tools and whatnot under the platform in the cargo space and have a super roomy open cargo area for big items.
That's a great point. The only thing I use my back seats for now is hauling my gear. I would love to know the dimensions on the back of a 2-door with the seats in and with them out or just laid (somewhat) flat. I know the cubic feet are listed in the specs but the length and width would be super useful. August (and some answers) cannot come soon enough!

jwmach1

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2013 Wrangler, 2006 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've driven LJ Wranglers since 2006. Taking the doors off at the park is something I did often. Drive down with the door on, then take them off -- never had room inside to store them.

• leaned them against a tree and bike locked them to it
  • leaned my doors with everyone else's in a line against someone's trailer (St. Louis Jeep thing events)
  • used the door frame to hang them on a ladder hook in the garage
Without the full door frame, what do I have to "hang them on"? I think those storage bags might come in handy in all sorts of situations. Including getting rid of the ratty old bed spread that wraps the Wrangler doors while hanging on the ladder hook. Because these doors are going to need a different storage system -- both in the garage and in the park/on the trail.

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I see that the 4 door can stow all 4 doors -- but it seems weird that they isolate the statement. Does anyone know if the 2 door can stow both of it's doors? I wonder as well if the top can be stowed.
2 door can't stowe the doors. The front roof panels can be stowed.

Dillhole

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've driven LJ Wranglers since 2006. Taking the doors off at the park is something I did often. Drive down with the door on, then take them off -- never had room inside to store them.

• leaned them against a tree and bike locked them to it
  • leaned my doors with everyone else's in a line against someone's trailer (St. Louis Jeep thing events)
  • used the door frame to hang them on a ladder hook in the garage
Without the full door frame, what do I have to "hang them on"? I think those storage bags might come in handy in all sorts of situations. Including getting rid of the ratty old bed spread that wraps the Wrangler doors while hanging on the ladder hook. Because these doors are going to need a different storage system -- both in the garage and in the park/on the trail.
To hang them would have to go with a hinge mount setup.
Ford Bronco Two Door Stowable Doors? 1603595573568

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It's a little bit off topic but I need someone to weigh in that knows for sure: My understanding is that the MIC top does not allow for removal of rear windows. Does that prevent the use of the Bimini top? The graphic of the Bimini top looks like all windows must first be removed along with the MIC to put on the Bimini?
Sponsored