First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was going to use the driver side grounding location near the footwell speaker for grounding my Wolfbox mirrow today. I had used this location for the kicker key 200.4 amp a few months ago and figured it would be a good location to ground the Wolfbox. When I was uncrewing the bolt it started arcing which has me a little concerned. I unhocked power to the amp and took off the ground and it was still arcing. I have replaced all of the speakers, added a fusion amp for my sub/amp delete on my 03 base sas using plug and play harnesses, so that shouldn't be an issue.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Kelly
Ford Bronco Driver side footwell ground location arcing 1709840948082
Sponsored

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

A factory ground wire is going to have all sorts of stuff running. If you want to keep it from arcing while you work on it pull the negative battery lead. Not doing so could damage something.

**Which is a good idea any time you are doing something electrical or working around the air bags.

OP
OP
gutshot

gutshot

Base
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
After thinking about it for a minute, I came to the same conclusion. I just unhooked the negative to be safe so I don’t fry anything.

RimrockPaul

Base
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
A factory ground wire is going to have all sorts of stuff running. If you want to keep it from arcing while you work on it pull the negative battery lead. Not doing so could damage something.

**Which is a good idea any time you are doing something electrical or working around the air bags.
I would not disturb any Factory power/ground connections.
Sponsored