lcb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hey all,
Just seeing if anyone else’s bronco has a drumming sound at low speed? I mostly notice it pulling into my drive way or creeping in a parking lot. The noise is not audible otherwise. It seems like drivetrain to me as the rate does increase with speed in gear.
Is this normal?
*May need headphones to hear it better*

Hi there, did you get any answers on this? Is it the same or has it gotten worse?

I have just under 200 miles and noticed the same tapping/drumming sound at low speed during acceleration.
Sponsored

OP
OP
unfortunate

unfortunate

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hi there, did you get any answers on this? Is it the same or has it gotten worse?

I have just under 200 miles and noticed the same tapping/drumming sound at low speed during acceleration.
ive taken it to my local dealer and did a ride along with a tech. He didn’t think it was anything and said he’ll check oasis to see if there’s anything out their on it. Never heard back. I’ll check later on the noise level… I’ve mostly quit paying attention to it. I’m at 5k miles now.

maybe the tech at your dealer might be more knowledgeable? Keep us posted if you do have it checked out at your dealer.

OP
OP
unfortunate

unfortunate

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Noise is still there… don’t seem as loud but always seems quieter once the engine warms up. Maybe because it’s not as cold outside it’s not as loud.?

lcb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Noise is still there… don’t seem as loud but always seems quieter once the engine warms up. Maybe because it’s not as cold outside it’s not as loud.?
I'll ask a tech for a ride along when I do my first 1k oil change and report back. Thanks for the update on your side. Hopefully it's nothing!

lcb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'll ask a tech for a ride along when I do my first 1k oil change and report back. Thanks for the update on your side. Hopefully it's nothing!
Had a tech ride along at 1500 miles. He heard it but wasn't sure what it was, so he test drove a Bronco on the lot and said he heard the same with that one as well. Based on that, he assumed it was normal. I have an appointment next week at another dealership to deal some body work issues, so I'm going to have another tech ride along to see what he thinks. Will keep you posted.

Sponsored
OP
OP
unfortunate

unfortunate

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Had a tech ride along at 1500 miles. He heard it but wasn't sure what it was, so he test drove a Bronco on the lot and said he heard the same with that one as well. Based on that, he assumed it was normal. I have an appointment next week at another dealership to deal some body work issues, so I'm going to have another tech ride along to see what he thinks. Will keep you posted.
Thanks!

usbplug

Base
First Name
Keegan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have a 2.7 and I as well have been hearing this, loud enough its obvious and was curious. I've heard alot of mixed things, apparently it's also an F-150 thing too, supposedly it's a "normal" sound but only time will tell 😁

lcb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hi, wanted to check in. You still getting that sound? I'm about 8500 miles in, and I get the noise more frequently now. I can hear it drumming even when stopped, which is confusing because early on it seemed to be associated with drivetrain engagement. The pace of the sound definitely speeds up when accelerating though.

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Could it be the known front driveshaft issue ?

Sponsored

lcb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Could it be the known front driveshaft issue ?
I think the driveshaft sounds is more of a grinding, isn't it? This is more like a soft tapping/drumming.

OP
OP
unfortunate

unfortunate

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hi, wanted to check in. You still getting that sound? I'm about 8500 miles in, and I get the noise more frequently now. I can hear it drumming even when stopped, which is confusing because early on it seemed to be associated with drivetrain engagement. The pace of the sound definitely speeds up when accelerating though.
Yeah… seems more noticeable now that it’s cold. I had originally thought it quiet down because it’s broken in more, but that doesn’t seem like the case and it may have been because the weather was warmer? I’m at almost 14k miles now.

I do have another oddity. When I’m driving and have to brake firmly at a traffic light and the light turns green before I can come to a complete stop, if I let off the brake and accelerate. I feel kind of a thump like the driveline or something was binding under the firm braking then it gets release when I let up on the brakes and accelerate.

does yours do that? Maybe it’s related?

lcb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yeah… seems more noticeable now that it’s cold. I had originally thought it quiet down because it’s broken in more, but that doesn’t seem like the case and it may have been because the weather was warmer? I’m at almost 14k miles now.

I do have another oddity. When I’m driving and have to brake firmly at a traffic light and the light turns green before I can come to a complete stop, if I let off the brake and accelerate. I feel kind of a thump like the driveline or something was binding under the firm braking then it gets release when I let up on the brakes and accelerate.

does yours do that? Maybe it’s related?
Yeah, I've noticed that every once in a while. It's a fairly subtle thump so I'll have to see if it gets any worse over time. I think it's so odd no one else has noted the sound though.

OP
OP
unfortunate

unfortunate

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Ram Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m now getting the low speed thumping in reverse and low rpm drive. Anyone find or hear any more about this?
Sponsored