Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

• Banned
OK peeps, looking for a quick answer here. What's a good drone in the $300-$400 +/- range? I'm seeing a lot of DJI which seems to be pretty good. Have also heard the name Parrot (not sure on prices), figured I'd leave it to the masses.

Thanks
Sponsored

NM_21Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a DJI mavic air and love it. I just use it for hikes and flying around for fun occasionally. Great camera and super easy to fly. Im usually the guy who upgrades with the latest and greatest but its more than I need and will keep this until it breaks/Flys away. Its above your stated price range but they came out with a mavic air 2 so the original has probably dropped (i think I've seen $700?)

But I'd at least recommend DJI. Either way, good luck. They're fun to fly

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a DJI mavic air and love it. I just use it for hikes and flying around for fun occasionally. Great camera and super easy to fly. Im usually the guy who upgrades with the latest and greatest but its more than I need and will keep this until it breaks/Flys away. Its above your stated price range but they came out with a mavic air 2 so the original has probably dropped (i think I've seen $700?)

But I'd at least recommend DJI. Either way, good luck. They're fun to fly
I have a DJI Magic Mini and love it. Small, capable, and you won't have to register it with the FAA. DJI now has the Magic Mini 2. Still light enough not to have to register with the FAA, and it has a better camera. Check out the Magic Mini 2. I recommend that you get the fly more combo. It's over $400.00 but it's more than worth it for what you get. Happy flying, filming and taking pictures of the Wild. ?

Damn, spell check changed all the Mavic's to Magic! ?

bmclain

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer, 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just getting into the drone stuff myself. Bought myself an early christmas present of the DJI Mini 2. It's above the $400, but from my research it's by far the best low cost drone. I did pay a bit more for the fly more combo, but getting at least the extra batteries is a must.

Just sad that my wife decided it should be wrapped and under the tree. Can't wait to get out and fly it.

If I like it, I'm eyeing the Skydio 2 for the future. Would be nice to have that guy following my Badsquatch through the back trails...

bmclain

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer, 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just getting into the drone stuff myself. Bought myself an early christmas present of the DJI Mini 2. It's above the $400, but from my research it's by far the best low cost drone. I did pay a bit more for the fly more combo, but getting at least the extra batteries is a must.

Just sad that my wife decided it should be wrapped and under the tree. Can't wait to get out and fly it.

If I like it, I'm eyeing the Skydio 2 for the future. Would be nice to have that guy following my Badsquatch through the back trails...
One more thing I just found out. If you do decide on the Mini 2, if you buy it from a retailer, you can only get the Care Refresh for 1 year. If you buy from DJI, you can get 2 years. Something to think about (and I wish I had known before hand).

Sponsored

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have a mavik mini. It’s great. Very easy to use. Press a single button for takeoff and land. Easily controlled by cell phone tethered to the controller.

get extra batteries.

OP
OP

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

• Banned
Well peeps, thanks for the input. I actually just pulled the trigger on the DJI Mini 2. Went with the combo and also ordered the propeller guard for it. With the combo + 1 year care plan just over $600, but I purchased it from a place in NY (B&H Photo), that way I can have it delivered by Thursday. Plus got 12 month promo financing so I'm good with it.

It's for my son (15), he's had crap drones over the years that always sucked, and based on what you guys have said, looks like he should be happy with the DJI.

Thanks for all the input! Much appreciated.

Edit: I was seriously checking out the Mavic Air 2, but that was just more than I wanted to spend.

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

DJI is the best option if you want the commies to win
Yeah, I wonder about the Chinese surveillance / spy possibilities every time I fly. Screw'em! I'm not flying around anything they'd care about. Just having fun and taking pictures and video of our Beautiful Country. I hope it makes them envious! :ROFLMAO:
Sponsored