Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looking to apply undercoating to the Bronco before winter comes and roads are salted as can be. Is it best practice to drop all the skid plates before doing this? What other precautions need to be taken if doing this as a DIY project? Covering any sensors? For products right now I’m between Fluid Film, Woolwax, and Waxoyl. I know the frame also has to be treated and it’s recommended to spray inside all the drain ports it has. Also would love to hear about kits people have used to DIY that they’ve had good luck with. TIA
Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've never undercut it anything, but I can't imagine getting proper coverage with skid plates on. And so much stuff gets trapped between the skid plates and the vehicle that if you're going to go through the trouble of adding protection, you're going to want it.

I bet my skid plates still have an inch of mud sitting on top of them :)

scotman623

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy LT Trail boss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I definitely recommend removing your skid plates for best coverage and results… I will be doing mine very soon, trying to figure out what I want to use on mine… I plan on removing all my skid plates, pressure washing very well and then letting it dry overnight night.. I will hit it with the leaf blower to remove any water that might of gotten trapped..

OP
OP
JTBros

JTBros

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Little update on this thread.

Undercoating went well and definitely benefited from removing skid plates sans fuel tank. Took all of them off except the one closest to the front that also connects to the bumper.

One thing to get even more access, cut the tires left to right to get some even more coverage on the front, seems to be the only spot I missed. Also wished I used a leaf blower to remove all the water left from washing off two days prior but it got blown out by the Woolwax anyway.
Sponsored