First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ignorant. LOL OK. You're talking about your F-250 Platinum, 850hp Camaro, Land Rover, etc. And then talking about dropping that much on a Raptor with ADM to flip already having a Bronco. Yeah that's rich guy problems. Nothing against you and if you were offended sorry. Good for you if you can do it. But I drive a Black Diamond and it's my daily driver. I don't have expendable income to have multiple four wheel toys or to drop that much coin just to make a profit. So "I" can't relate. That's all I was saying.
For clarification I donā€™t have all of those things now lol. My point was having other vehicles in the luxury price range the Raptor IMO is coming up short in a few areas. Again for the price range. Today I have a stock F250 plat (last one in 2020 was on 7ā€ and 37ā€s but with pricing as stupid as it is right now I canā€™t justify another 10 grand lifting it and putting wheels and tires. My wife drives the Outer Banks as a daily because again with prices like they are we sold our range rover for 4000 more than we paid for it two years and 30,000 miles later which was insane. My Camaro is a 2012 SS that Iā€™ve built into the 850 hp car it was, my only reason for bringing that car up was completely understanding what power feels like (sold it two years ago). If I were having Rich people problems I would still have them all and have the raptor just for fun lol. My plan on going ahead forward with getting the raptor and potentially selling it is to go back to a range rover for my wife. No harm no foul, itā€™s hard to understand in a text sorry if I came back strong. I think the bronco raptor is bad ass and Love, just having major sticker shock and not quite feeling like itā€™s worth it. Which is why Iā€™d rather keep the OB and make a little money off the Raptor.
Sponsored

OP
OP
strickland03

strickland03

Big Bend
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Your corvette or my AMG GTS stop 60-0 in mid low 90ā€™ range, the Braptor is 160ā€™ per Motor Trend. Even my Tacoma will stop in 122ā€™.

A fully loaded Braptor moving at speed is going to be an emergency braking adventure. I may pack a spare pair of clean undies in my tool kit šŸ¤Ŗ
Lmao

JohnGalt

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Defender 110
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Not a big difference in 35ā€™s and 37ā€™s. And my 2.3 pulls 35ā€™s surprisingly well. Double the HP should do more for 700lbs and 2ā€ on tire. Whatā€™s the issue with brakes?
Rotating mass is more than just 37ā€™s, Raptor also has bigger brakes/axles. While not huge differences at each point itā€™s significant when added up and degrades WHP.

Not sure where double the HP came from. 2.3L is a healthy 275HP vs Raptor 418HP. Although torque and where that is produced in RPM range is probably more pertinent when talking the feel of the power. Torque is 315 vs 440 ft lbs. 50% and 40% improvements respectively.

Thus a Braptor will definitely be quicker than a 2.3 Bronco on 35ā€s but not crazy faster due to more overall weight and rotating massā€¦.

The Braptor brakes are actually an improvement over standard Bronco brakes, as they come off an F150 (but Iā€™m not sure the rotor is larger as itā€™s constrained by 17ā€ rim). The underlying problem is the standard Bronco braking performance is absolutely terrible already. Throw on more weight, cushy suspension and off-road rubber and the Braptor stops even slower despite ā€˜betterā€™ brakes.

All that said, if your buying the Raptor for acceleration, youā€™re probably buying the wrong vehicleā€¦..or the right vehicle for the wrong reason. A V8 Defender might be the right choice for you, my wife loves her V6 3.0L Defender which is quicker than a Raptor. Good luck with your decision

OP
OP
strickland03

strickland03

Big Bend
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Rotating mass is more than just 37ā€™s, Raptor also has bigger brakes/axles. While not huge differences at each point itā€™s significant when added up and degrades WHP.

Not sure where double the HP came from. 2.3L is a healthy 275HP vs Raptor 418HP. Although torque and where that is produced in RPM range is probably more pertinent when talking the feel of the power. Torque is 315 vs 440 ft lbs. 50% and 40% improvements respectively.

Thus a Braptor will definitely be quicker than a 2.3 Bronco on 35ā€s but not crazy faster due to more overall weight and rotating massā€¦.

The Braptor brakes are actually an improvement over standard Bronco brakes, as they come off an F150 (but Iā€™m not sure the rotor is larger as itā€™s constrained by 17ā€ rim). The underlying problem is the standard Bronco braking performance is absolutely terrible already. Throw on more weight, cushy suspension and off-road rubber and the Braptor stops even slower despite ā€˜betterā€™ brakes.

All that said, if your buying the Raptor for acceleration, youā€™re probably buying the wrong vehicleā€¦..or the right vehicle for the wrong reason. A V8 Defender might be the right choice for you, my wife loves her V6 3.0L Defender which is quicker than a Raptor. Good luck with your decision
I didnā€™t mean this to be a hate thread. I was eagerly awaiting seeing and driving one. And while it was bad ass, what they are getting with ADM is insane. If it were at MsRP with maybe a rebate like the good ole days I wouldnā€™t have had a complaint at all. Think my beef is more price right now. But thatā€™s with most autos

JohnGalt

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Defender 110
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I didnā€™t mean this to be a hate thread. I was eagerly awaiting seeing and driving one. And while it was bad ass, what they are getting with ADM is insane. If it were at MsRP with maybe a rebate like the good ole days I wouldnā€™t have had a complaint at all. Think my beef is more price right now. But thatā€™s with most autos
Sorry. I hope my responses and tone didnā€™t imply anything but an objective reply. Youā€™re right the ADMs are healthy and definitely change the value proposition for the BRaptor. I sincerely hope you get the vehicle youā€™re looking for, it just sounded like a V8 Defender met your requirements better.

I also think the thread generated some thought on brakes. I think most folks like me bought it for off-road chops, but itā€™ll spend 98% if itā€™s time on road and the brakes are an issue.

Apologies if I offended

Sponsored
OP
OP
strickland03

strickland03

Big Bend
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Sorry. I hope my responses and tone didnā€™t imply anything but an objective reply. Youā€™re right the ADMs are healthy and definitely change the value proposition for the BRaptor. I sincerely hope you get the vehicle youā€™re looking for, it just sounded like a V8 Defender met your requirements better.

I also think the thread generated some thought on brakes. I think most folks like me bought it for off-road chops, but itā€™ll spend 98% if itā€™s time on road and the brakes are an issue.

Apologies if I offended
None taken :) thank you.

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Not a big difference in 35ā€™s and 37ā€™s. And my 2.3 pulls 35ā€™s surprisingly well. Double the HP should do more for 700lbs and 2ā€ on tire. Whatā€™s the issue with brakes?
It's the Stopping distance. Going from 60 to 0 takes 160 Feet. For comparison my 2017 F-150 Crew Cab 4x4 would stop 60 to 0 in 119 feet. Both tested by Motor Trend.

There's no issue with the brakes. Same brakes as the F150 Raptor. The issue is guys think 37s should stop like a German sports car and that will never happen.
How about I think it should stop in similar distance to a pick-up.

Well, the Raptor on 37" tires takes 145 feet to go 60 to 0. This is from Motor Trend also. The Raptor 150 takes a long time to stop, but the Bronco Raptor takes 15 feet longer. In an emergency stop, 15 feet is big.

The 06 Crew Cab Dually 4x4 I had stopped quicker than this.

Your corvette or my AMG GTS stop 60-0 in mid low 90ā€™ range, the Braptor is 160ā€™ per Motor Trend. Even my Tacoma will stop in 122ā€™.

A fully loaded Braptor moving at speed is going to be an emergency braking adventure. I may pack a spare pair of clean undies in my tool kit šŸ¤Ŗ
My point about the brakes. My F-150 stopped in 119 feet, same magazine testing.

Wonder why it takes the Braptor 15 more feet to stop then the F-150 Raptor, same brakes and tires. I do not consider 145 feet to be very good either.

I fully agree, emergency braking will be an adventure. I hope I never need a panic stop at speed. I found on the interstate, I stay back quite a bit farther than I do in the Grand Cherokee, or the F-150 I sold.
Sponsored