Website
dv8offroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco's & Jeep's
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2021-2023 FORD BRONCO | REAR LICENSE PLATE RELOCATION BRACKET
Our 6th Gen Bronco Rear License Plate Relocation Bracket moves the plate location to the tailgate beside the factory carrier. This is the perfect solution for relocating the license plate when installing an aftermarket rear bumper. Its position keeps it clear from blind spot detection sensors. An ultrabright LED license plate light and wiring are included with the bracket. The bracket mount extends to the OEM tire carrier and mounts to the corner bolts, with a bolt-on installation. Some wiring is required during install.

Please Note: Does not work with the Ford HD tire carrier.

Check it out here: https://dv8offroad.com/products/6th-gen-bronco-rear-license-plate-relocation-bracket

en-ford-bronco-rear-license-plate-bracket_1051x700.jpg
6th-gen-bronco-rear-license-plate-bracket_1051x700.jpg
nco-rear-license-plate-relocation-bracket_1051x700.jpg
bronco-rear-license-plate-bracket_1051x700.jpg

Key Features:
  • Relocates License Plate to Tailgate
  • LED License Plate Light & Wiring Included
  • Mounts to OEM Tire Carrier
  • Minor Wiring Required During Install
Visit https://dv8offroad.com/pages/ford-bronco-bumpers-and-accessories to shop all of our Ford Bronco Parts and Accessories.
Plus... use code "ForumMember" at checkout for 10% off!
Sponsored

GloNDark

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Bronco Ranger & 2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
YES!!! I was wanting something like this to go with my FS-15 rear bumper to tuck the plate in closer to the body.

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2D Squatch, '67 Bronco, '24 Grenadier -ordered
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is a nicely made part. Install was easy and it looks very factory unlike a spare tire mount.
Ford Bronco DV8 Offroad | Rear License Plate Relocation Bracket IMG_5727

Sponsored

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2D Squatch, '67 Bronco, '24 Grenadier -ordered
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
FWIW - there are two modifications I would consider when you’re installing this bracket. I wish I realized before install - but, you live you learn.

First - be sure to install a small square of SURFACE GUARD TAPE or PPF where the rubber bumper comes in contact with your tailgate. That was a rookie move and I should have considered this as soon as I realized it was in constant contact. Now I have an ugly ring in my clear coat and it even went fully through to paint.

Ford Bronco DV8 Offroad | Rear License Plate Relocation Bracket IMG_5137

One other upgrade I would make is replacing the LED Dome Light with THIS ONE from SuperBrightLEDS. The one that comes from DV8 is the same as the cargo dome lights that IAG uses - that are meant to project outward. The LED nodes are on a 45° angle and there isn’t a shroud to direct the light onto the plate. Also, it’s bright enough that it could be mistaken for a reverse light from behind. Plus, they are kinda ugly design wise IMO.

It’s the same exact dimensions - so, no modifications to the mounting whatsoever. Just a bit of a pain to access the hardware after the bracket is mounted. But, was totally doable.

Ford Bronco DV8 Offroad | Rear License Plate Relocation Bracket IMG_4497

I feel the Optronics has a cleaner, more modern look and the quality and direction of the light is much more precise. I could do without the logo, but I’m less concerned with that.

I wish I had a night pic to do a before and after - but, the original light didn’t even light up the plate. I didn’t have an incident, but I’m sure an officer could give you a hard time if they wanted to.

Ford Bronco DV8 Offroad | Rear License Plate Relocation Bracket IMG_5142

Ford Bronco DV8 Offroad | Rear License Plate Relocation Bracket IMG_5139

SO MUCH better:
Ford Bronco DV8 Offroad | Rear License Plate Relocation Bracket IMG_5143

Last edited:

JD11937

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just installed mine, really like this location.

Ran into one issue which is most likely a result of my lack of wiring experience. Hopefully someone can help me out.

I had my oem license plate light already pulled through the tailgate and behind the spare tire so I ran that directly to the DV8 light, snipped off the connector and wired up black to black, red to yellow using heat shrink wire connectors to the dv8 light. The oem connector also has a green wire that I just left unconnected since it wasn’t part of the directions. End result the light isn’t turning on.

Any suggestions on what I should try?
Sponsored