First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LLY ex cab LT 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have searched and read through countless pages on here trying to figure out what others have done. I am going to put the Eibach pro coil-overs on my ‘22 4 door badlands sas and am wanting to keep stock wheels and 35” tires. My question is has else been running this setup and did you add UCA’s? Looking mainly to level out my bronco and account for extra gear and weight. I had been eyeing the coil-overs for a long time and found too good of a deal on the coil-overs and UCA’s to pass up. So I have everything just not sure what if any benefits I would get by adding UCA’s as well. Not going to max out the coil-overs and don’t really want to add any extra stress to suspension components while wheeling. Any input here would be appreciated!
Sponsored

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

At full extension they are the same length as SAS coilovers so no. And they are great btw.

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Been running them for a while now. I went with Camburg UCA. They ride great and handle everything I’ve thrown at them no problem.

OP
OP
carljackson04

carljackson04

Badlands
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LLY ex cab LT 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
At full extension they are the same length as SAS coilovers so no. And they are great btw.
Thanks man! I dig your Bronco. It is very similar to mine. So what I am understanding is that there isn’t necessarily a benefit to adding the UCA’s? I don’t mind putting them on just don’t want to add unnecessary parts I guess.

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have searched and read through countless pages on here trying to figure out what others have done. I am going to put the Eibach pro coil-overs on my ‘22 4 door badlands sas and am wanting to keep stock wheels and 35” tires. My question is has else been running this setup and did you add UCA’s? Looking mainly to level out my bronco and account for extra gear and weight. I had been eyeing the coil-overs for a long time and found too good of a deal on the coil-overs and UCA’s to pass up. So I have everything just not sure what if any benefits I would get by adding UCA’s as well. Not going to max out the coil-overs and don’t really want to add any extra stress to suspension components while wheeling. Any input here would be appreciated!
Shock Surplus has a good video review of them. After watching went 6100s and very happy.

Sponsored

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks man! I dig your Bronco. It is very similar to mine. So what I am understanding is that there isn’t necessarily a benefit to adding the UCA’s? I don’t mind putting them on just don’t want to add unnecessary parts I guess.
Stronger than stock maybe and If they’re billet they’re pretty! There’s plenty of adjustability without them.

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Shock Surplus has a good video review of them. After watching went 6100s and very happy.
I also watched that review and almost went a different route because of it, but I don’t do fast trails and woops or have 37’s so figured they would be fine for what we do which is mostly slow technical stuff. I really wanted a soft ride and good articulation. Love them so far and so does the wife. It’s actually her Bronco.

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Agree on wanting a soft ride at times. Spoke to them and they said the future Bilstein 8112s will be adjustable and offer the best ride. I plan on keeping 35s as well...maybe better 35s but still 35s. Just waiting for 8112s to be released.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The UCAs are nice to have, but if you limit the lift, you can get away without the UCAs. I was in a similar situation and I managed to score a set of Eibach Pro Truck 2.0 struts for $900. I also purchased a Zone 4" kit for $300 for the UCAs and I will sell the 2" spacer lift and 2" perch lift later. The UCAs will allow you to adjust the alignment further and help keep everything in spec.

I also purchased an adjustable track bar, but it seems like a track bar relocation bracket may have been a better choice (we shall see). I would have thought that the adjustable track bar was the better option, but I may not have fully considered all of the dynamics.

It’s my understanding that the biggest issue will always be steering rack angles and CV angles (both driveshaft and axles). The coilovers should keep the CV angles in check, but I think that the driveshaft angles are still going to be affected.

OP
OP
carljackson04

carljackson04

Badlands
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LLY ex cab LT 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The UCAs are nice to have, but if you limit the lift, you can get away without the UCAs. I was in a similar situation and I managed to score a set of Eibach Pro Truck 2.0 struts for $900. I also purchased a Zone 4" kit for $300 for the UCAs and I will sell the 2" spacer lift and 2" perch lift later. The UCAs will allow you to adjust the alignment further and help keep everything in spec.

I also purchased an adjustable track bar, but it seems like a track bar relocation bracket may have been a better choice (we shall see). I would have thought that the adjustable track bar was the better option, but I may not have fully considered all of the dynamics.

It’s my understanding that the biggest issue will always be steering rack angles and CV angles (both driveshaft and axles). The coilovers should keep the CV angles in check, but I think that the driveshaft angles are still going to be affected.
Ok thank you. That makes sense. I was looking at getting the trac bar relocation bracket but $100 sounded steep. It sounds like you scored the same deal I did. I also ordered the sone spacer lift like you. I got the coilovers and same adventure lift for 50% off and it was like $1300 with taxes and shipping.

Sponsored

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yall got better deals than I did and I thought I did ok. I ordered the RockJock relocation bracket but haven’t gotten it yet. If I had a good set of UCA’s I probably would go ahead and install them, since you’ll need an alignment anyway.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yall got better deals than I did and I thought I did ok. I ordered the RockJock relocation bracket but haven’t gotten it yet. If I had a good set of UCA’s I probably would go ahead and install them, since you’ll need an alignment anyway.
Ya, but I paid full price for the non-sasquatch Badlands suspension (~$1500) for my OBX before I ordered this, so that is money I won't get back.

You win some, you lose some... It all works out in the end.

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well we’re building something way cooler than just another Jeep so…. It’s all good.

OP
OP
carljackson04

carljackson04

Badlands
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LLY ex cab LT 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well we’re building something way cooler than just another Jeep so…. It’s all good.
After everyone’s input I am going to install the UCA’s. I guess no reason not to since I have everything, will have it tear it down replacing the struts, and have to align it anyway. Hoping to install everything this Friday. Also Fordified1 what tires are you running? I’m not going bigger than 35” tires and like your stance.

OP
OP
carljackson04

carljackson04

Badlands
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LLY ex cab LT 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks man! I watched that. I was indifferent at first and almost went that route but I’m not wanting bigger tires and was looking for a softer suspension. It sounds like the Eibach’s will be perfect.
Sponsored