redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I did try to start it by jumping it from my F-150. Left my truck running for maybe 20 minutes and then nothing from the ignition. So I'm beginning to think it's something like a short in the ignition or something weird going on with the computer.

Blown fuse????.........you probably checked.

I have also seen a thread that the mouse chewed the wires. He started looking and found chewed wires. It happens, more than you think. I think it was a front locker, maybe, can't quite remember. :unsure:

I'm not trying to be a jerk but I deal with it every day. I have chased "strange" problems before, most times it is mouse damage. Or someone had it apart and pinched a wire putting it back together.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

jeff hunter

Wildtrak
First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco wildtrak, 4-door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This is by way of an update on my original post. Had my new Bronco towed to the dealership where they discovered "rodent damage". The little devil had apparently chewed the ignition wire in half, thus everything worked except the starter. Moth balls were suggested, and now my garage is a freakin' war zone. Any rodent entering there should abandon hope. Thanks for all the suggestions, ya'll.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is by way of an update on my original post. Had my new Bronco towed to the dealership where they discovered "rodent damage". The little devil had apparently chewed the ignition wire in half, thus everything worked except the starter. Moth balls were suggested, and now my garage is a freakin' war zone. Any rodent entering there should abandon hope. Thanks for all the suggestions, ya'll.

I have heard these work well.

Mouse Blocker – Protecting your vehicle

OP
OP

jeff hunter

Wildtrak
First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco wildtrak, 4-door