First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
2021 2.7 Automatic 18k mileage. Engine cut off after moderate shudder when braking. At first I thought it was the lane keeping system shudder but it was more intense. When I came to a normal stop to turn left at an intersection, pulsing vibrations, then the engine cut off. I had to put the vehicle in park to restart the engine. I didn't have time to see warning lights as I was in traffic. No warning lights afterwards. My guess it was an ABS malfunction. No vehicle in front of me when I was braking to turn left to engage the collision braking. Can the dealership see this stored in the system. I dont want to take it to the dealership to be told nothing is wrong or they can't find the problem. This is my daily driver.
Sponsored

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base
That sounds like the lock up torque converter not disengaging

4xFord

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It could be a safety switch on the fuel pump if the stop was abrupt enough. I know this was a safety feature on my Grand Cherokee and I had an experienced similar to yours.

mini4mw

Badlands
First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Shudder automatic braking engaging for some reason?

OP
OP
RoadHawg187

RoadHawg187

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It could be a safety switch on the fuel pump if the stop was abrupt enough. I know this was a safety feature on my Grand Cherokee and I had an experienced similar to yours.
Just regular braking to a stop to turn left after an oncoming car went through the intersection.

Sponsored
OP
OP
RoadHawg187

RoadHawg187

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Shudder automatic braking engaging for some reason?
After I got home and thought about it, it seemed like an ABS or brake booster malfunction. The shuddering felt like conditions under hard braking to avoid wheel skid. If this was so, then engine shutting off also seemed odd. As I mentioned in my original post, it has 18k miles. No problems until now.

4xFord

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well that is concerning. Did the FordPass app log any errors?

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
2021 2.7 Automatic 18k mileage. Engine cut off after moderate shudder when braking. At first I thought it was the lane keeping system shudder but it was more intense. When I came to a normal stop to turn left at an intersection, pulsing vibrations, then the engine cut off. I had to put the vehicle in park to restart the engine. I didn't have time to see warning lights as I was in traffic. No warning lights afterwards. My guess it was an ABS malfunction. No vehicle in front of me when I was braking to turn left to engage the collision braking. Can the dealership see this stored in the system. I dont want to take it to the dealership to be told nothing is wrong or they can't find the problem. This is my daily driver.
Good morning. Would you privately message us with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer so I can look into this engine concern on my end? Thank you!

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would initially thought of the fuel pump running dry when turning due to other problems related to the fuel pump, but the torque converter locking up also sounds plausible.
Sponsored