Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury Grand Marquis
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello all- wanted to get the community's thoughts on this:

Last week, I was driving to work (2-door 7spd Badlands Non-Sas), someone was tailgating me a bit so I move over to the right lane, and I also had to make a right turn anyways. Shortly up ahead there's a decent-sized puddle from rain earlier that morning. I didn't think much of it, I had gone through puddles like this before, I probably go through it doing 30-35 mph. Water splashes up a bit, I hit the wipers, etc. I continue a couple hundred yards, but as I'm completing the right-hand turn I feel it lose power (engine was still on), and it revs a bit with it still in 2nd gear. Uh oh. My first thought was that I was lugging it a bit so I downshift into 1st, same thing. Then I'm not able to move, and the engine stalls out- at the same time I get one message on my display screen: "Full Accessory Power Active". That's it. I'm unable to start it back up. Foot on the clutch, press the button, it turns, starts to fire up, but immediately sounds bogged down and I feel the fuel pump cut. I try it again, same thing. Waited about 15-20 minutes, tried it again, same thing. Towed to the dealership that morning, they never were able to get to it that day. I went there after work and tried it just to see if it had dried out or something. Same thing. Note, no check engine light, nothing saying power steering unavailable or 4x4 unavailable- only the "Full Accessory Power Active" message.

Any thoughts?

UPDATE: the dealership was able to fix this by replacing the fuel pump and the fuel pump/drivers module
Sponsored

Last edited:

luvmybronco

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Bronco sport, 1969 Bronco sport, 1990 F250 Lariat 4x4, 2015 F150 Lariat super crew 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Alternator shouldn’t keep it from starting as long as you have juice in the battery for spark. But then again, Broncos are heavy with electronics. Maybe you got water in the intake

OP
OP
Bmisk19

Bmisk19

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury Grand Marquis
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Alternator shouldn’t keep it from starting as long as you have juice in the battery for spark. But then again, Broncos are heavy with electronics. Maybe you got water in the intake
This is kind of what my best theory was, maybe water somehow got in the airbox and the filter is clogged? I initially tried jumping it and that didn't do anything.

Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hair dryer. Aren't plug wires still sensitive to moisture?

Bellime

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Troubleshooting:
1) touch the start switch without break pedal depressed.
Does accessories light up? If not, electronics problem, check battery connection
2)start switch with break pedal depressed
Does the engine crank? If not, starter

do you get any fault codes?
Open air box, is it dry inside?
Tow to dealership..

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bmisk19

Bmisk19

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury Grand Marquis
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Troubleshooting:
1) touch the start switch without break pedal depressed.
Does accessories light up? If not, electronics problem, check battery connection
2)start switch with break pedal depressed
Does the engine crank? If not, starter

do you get any fault codes?
Open air box, is it dry inside?
Tow to dealership..

It already got towed to the dealership, however before it was taken to the dealership and I was trying to figure out what was going on, all of my electronics worked. Windows, radio, screens, etc. No fault codes. Again, only message I got was "Full Accessory Power Active". Engine does crank

Did not open up the airbox but I asked the dealership to.

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hello all- wanted to get the community's thoughts on this:

I continue a couple hundred yards, but as I'm completing the right-hand turn I feel it lose power (engine was still on), and it revs a bit with it still in 2nd gear. Uh oh. My first thought was that I was lugging it a bit so I downshift into 1st, same thing. Then I'm not able to move, and the engine stalls out- at the same time I get one message on my display screen: "Full Accessory Power Active". That's it. I'm unable to start it back up. Foot on the clutch, press the button, it turns, starts to fire up, but immediately sounds bogged down and I feel the fuel pump cut. I try it again, same thing. Waited about 15-20 minutes, tried it again, same thing.

Any thoughts?
Sounds similar to my fuel pump dying but not exactly, but I have an automatic. I also got a message saying to restart the vehicle along with full accessory power active message.

Mine died after wheeling for about 5 hours and refilling air in tires. Made a left turn back onto pavement and it studdered during the turn, gave it some more gas and no acceleration. Had just enough time to get to the shoulder and it was all tow truck from there. No fault codes on app. Module and pump replaced.

Bellime

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It already got towed to the dealership, however before it was taken to the dealership and I was trying to figure out what was going on, all of my electronics worked. Windows, radio, screens, etc. No fault codes. Again, only message I got was "Full Accessory Power Active". Engine does crank

Did not open up the airbox but I asked the dealership to.
Keep us posted, please. This may be something easy to prevent once we know about.

OP
OP
Bmisk19

Bmisk19

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury Grand Marquis
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sounds similar to my fuel pump dying but not exactly, but I have an automatic. I also got a message saying to restart the vehicle along with full accessory power active message.

Mine died after wheeling for about 5 hours and refilling air in tires. Made a left turn back onto pavement and it studdered during the turn, gave it some more gas and no acceleration. Had just enough time to get to the shoulder and it was all tow truck from there. No fault codes on app. Module and pump replaced.
That’s interesting, yeah sounds very similar, especially because you got the same display message. I’m wondering in your case would have been similar to me going through water? Maybe rocks shooting up and hitting the fuel pump? Or maybe what you’re saying is that it sounds related more to the turning?

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That’s interesting, yeah sounds very similar, especially because you got the same display message. I’m wondering in your case would have been similar to me going through water? Maybe rocks shooting up and hitting the fuel pump? Or maybe what you’re saying is that it sounds related more to the turning?
No, not saying anything like turning or rocks as the cause. The fuel pump, the low pressure one, is inside the tank so a rock isn't going to knock it dead. Pure bad luck is the root cause in my opinion.
Sponsored