Imprezive

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati Mulitstrada, Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Complete joke. People involved should be fired. For real.
The last time I had a major product launch my IT manager cut off web changes and made me push it back a day from my original plan to run a bunch more stress tests and buy some extra server capacity. I was pretty annoyed at the time. I owe him an apology for sure for avoiding a mess like this.
Sponsored

Imprezive

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Here we go. Per the reservation form.

44C0EC78-C4D0-4D10-9C30-02637892CFCB.jpeg

Donkeypunch

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Renegade. 1973 Scout II,
The last time I had a major product launch my IT manager cut off web changes and made me push it back a day from my original plan to run a bunch more stress tests and buy some extra server capacity. I was pretty annoyed at the time. I owe him an apology for sure for avoiding a mess like this.
Itā€™s a shame, I had no plans to buy one to be candid, but watched the Launch videos with my son, got all nostalgic and said hell yeah, only to be frustrated af. Spent the next 30 minutes explaining to my son how other companies make it so easy for Tesla and Amazon to eventually rule the world. (Canā€™t stand either)

Scale should be automatic. I bet the issue has to do with trying to lock down which freaking dealer will get the reservation and if the device Placing the reservation is registered in that zip. The error I got was akin to blocking a vpn. Their stupid system asks ā€œwhere are you located nowā€ vs just taking the reservation, allowing the credit card gateway to validate address and then forking to local dealer to follow up. Now Iā€™m on vacation and tomorrow Iā€™ll have lost the desire to mess with a reservation.

The other joke imo is to release a limited edition and allow ock in with $100 refundable deposit!? Iā€™m All for making it accessible to anyone, but thereā€™s gotta be some skin in the game. Hell, half those reservations are probably listed on eBay by now. Just amateur imo.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Itā€™s a shame, I had no plans to buy one to be candid, but watched the Launch videos with my son, got all nostalgic and said hell yeah, only to be frustrated af. Spent the next 30 minutes explaining to my son how other companies make it so easy for Tesla and Amazon to eventually rule the world. (Canā€™t stand either)

Scale should be automatic. I bet the issue has to do with trying to lock down which freaking dealer will get the reservation and if the device Placing the reservation is registered in that zip. The error I got was akin to blocking a vpn. Their stupid system asks ā€œwhere are you located nowā€ vs just taking the reservation, allowing the credit card gateway to validate address and then forking to local dealer to follow up. Now Iā€™m on vacation and tomorrow Iā€™ll have lost the desire to mess with a reservation.

The other joke imo is to release a limited edition and allow ock in with $100 refundable deposit!? Iā€™m All for making it accessible to anyone, but thereā€™s gotta be some skin in the game. Hell, half those reservations are probably listed on eBay by now. Just amateur imo.
I wonder if someone deliberately did this to allow "select" customers to buy out the first edition? Reserve site seems to be working now.

Imprezive

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

I wonā€™t pretend to understand the IT issues in detail but there is no way this should have happened. Its super common to take preorders at scale these days. I agree that the dealer handshake but seemed to kill it.

Oh well, mine finally went through although not for a FE. Donā€™t let this dampen your enthusiasm IMO. Itā€™s a long ass wait for the truck regardless. Most car makers are terrible at IT and selling a car in general so unless you go with a luxury brand such is life. Half the reason I own a Ducati is just because the dealer is head and shoulders above everyone else.

Now weā€™ll see how badly Ford dealers are going to screw people.

Sponsored

CrazyHorse

Badlands
First Name
Yuri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yamaha R1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was receiving the XML error on log in screen and "invalid dealer" messages, then tried on my smartphone and voila. Reserved on the first try.

scrapple

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Use microsoft Edge or a phone.... worked for me....

got a 4dr

Bronco, OUTER BANKS, 10-Speed SelectShiftĀ® Automatic Transmissioin, undefined, 4x4 with Part Time Selectable Engagement

$42,945

now can I enter my work code to get a discount somehow?

Imprezive

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I mean if I order a Tesla I configure it, pay that price, and it shows up at my house. I have a bad feeling dealers will be trying to get over MSRP for reservation holders, especially on FEs, but maybe I will be pleasantly surprised.

aplm7

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer 2015
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As a software engineer I am unable to get this to work on any browser. There is no excuse for this failure. This failure has nothing to do with 'too many people' other than Ford's failure in design and execution. This is 2020 and cloud elasticity programatically takes care of swells of users. It's brain dead simple these days. This failure is just poor execution by FORD and as a shareholder, well at least till tomorrow, I have zero confidence in Ford's ability to build anything to compete with folks like Tesla.

Today's failure to launch is the foreshadowing of what's to come. If they can't get simple stuff right, how can I as a shareholder believe they can do EV's (which are all about software) correctly?

I gave up and will watch the Bronco from the sidelines. Maybe in a couple years when the good engines are available and bugs are worked out, but for now I am abstaining and by end of day tomorrow will no longer hold any F.
Sadly no one cares at Ford or anyone in Ford, at least with any kind of power for change. Those at the top just want to ignore problems long enough to get their fat salaries

Bdisco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜88 911,ā€˜15 Chevy 2500, ā€˜24 Acura Integra Type S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I had flashbacks to trying to buy Jimmy Buffet tickets from ticketmaster last night.
Finally got in this morning. Got 2 deposits for a Wildtrax. Wouldnā€™t let me choose daughterā€™s boyfriendā€™s dealership kept auto populating other dealer.
Now just need to settle on a color (cyber orange?) and wait for build.

Sponsored

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

they are still backed up with reservations!!!?
Ford Bronco Epic fail on the reservations 1594750996078

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I just finally got done with the reservation.
Doing 2DR Badlands with Sasquatch.
Sponsored