John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

I seem to remember Ford (Levine?) saying something about annual "special editions" at one point, like a Heritage Edition, Everglades Edition? Is this the case or will the Everglades be ongoing? I think the Desert Sand will likely be a one-year option seeing that its one of the Ranger Splash colors meant for short runs. (if this has been discussed, I'm sorry, I actually did search but didn't find it)
Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The Everglades is a Special Edition not a Limited Edition. It is only limited for MY'22 to unscheduled order holders. For MY'23, it will be available to be ordered by anyone. Now, it likely won't continue to be a permanent trim offering like the Badlands as Ford cycles through various special edition offerings. But it will be available for the foreseeable future until the ROI is realized.

The shared paint between the Ranger Sand Splash edition will obviously be a late availability (summer/fall), but the other available colors should be available for scheduling after making the existing order change. Whether the Desert Sand paint continues for MY'23 on the Everglades would be speculation.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Everglades is a Special Edition not a Limited Edition. It is only limited for MY'22 to unscheduled order holders. For MY'23, it will be available to be ordered by anyone....
Please provide the documentation from Ford on this claim. I have not seen anything that remotely says it is specifically limited to reservationists.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Please provide the documentation from Ford on this claim. I have not seen anything that remotely says it is specifically limited to reservationists.
I made comments direct to Levine on IG back at the reveal. He confirmed that it won't be restricted for MY'23, but it is only restricted for MY'22 for existing unscheduled order holders.

I'm one of the weird ones that actually like the Everglades (not fond of the graphics or snorkel, but everything else is fine). I have my BD being built 3/14. I have another 2 orders that are '99'd. I didn't want to burn one of those orders to switch to the Everglades as I expect the precedent is set for when the Heritage Edition becomes available. The Heritage Edition will likely follow the same availability (i.e. available to unscheduled order holders first and the next year to everyone).

Ser Arthur Dayne

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford is taking a page from Jeep's playbook. Jeep is notorious for inserting random colors (usually bright and flashy) in a year and then removing them. So if you are playing around on Jeep Build & Price and you like their Chameleon Green or Dudical Orange, you need to buy it .. Because they then just remove them, add new ones for next year, but you really wanted one of those two. Then a few years down the road, there are SIMILAR but NOT THE SAME colors... Dudical Green and Chameleon Orange but not the same. And it encourages people to hurry up and order one.

Then, a few years later, you're still considering your 2019 new Jeep as "new" , the website shows the color you really wanted .. whether it has the same name or a different name but is the color you wanted ... well , you're buying another new Jeep, trading in the old, generating them more money.

Bronco is just doing the same thing. As for the Everglades, the only real thing that even catches my eye is the Desert Sand paint. Otherwise, seems like a total flop that people will buy because they think it's a Special Edition.

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A99C573E-7B73-4514-BF04-A534178E0321.jpeg
Sponsored