Sponsored

Exhaust rattle on start up and under light throttle.

Colton

Raptor
First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MMEPE, Explorer ST, Mustang GT Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
My 2023 Bronco Raptor has an exhaust rattle at start up since it was new about 6 weeks ago and it has been very consistent when cold and start up but now it can be heard under light acceleration. I've traced it down to one of the exhaust tone actuators. Any thoughts? TIA
Sponsored

302project

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Raptor, 13 Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Got the same issue on my 22 raptor with only 4k miles. Will be taking it to the dealer soon. I heard from previous threads that the muffler is the culprit. Once replaced the rattle goes away. I hope that Ford doesn't replaced it with the same unit, if not it will be doing the same thing after a couple of thousand miles maybe.

OP
OP
Colton

Colton

Raptor
First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MMEPE, Explorer ST, Mustang GT Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Had mine replaced at 1000 miles now at 3500 and the rattle is still gone. It's the variable exhaust valves rattling. They replace the muffler back as one unit and the valves are just back of the muffler. We just got back from the Bronco Raptor Off Roadeo in Nevada and all the the Raptors had a slight rattle on start up. They were build 4/2023 and have about 600 very hard miles on them. Hope you get yours fixed soon.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My 2023 Bronco Raptor has an exhaust rattle at start up since it was new about 6 weeks ago and it has been very consistent when cold and start up but now it can be heard under light acceleration. I've traced it down to one of the exhaust tone actuators. Any thoughts? TIA
Hello! Send us a private message with your VIN and current mileage. Allow me to see what I can do to assist. Thanks!

Peter_benton

Raptor
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Escalade V, SL63
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I had a similar sound and thought it was exhaust rattle.. was a vacuum leak trying to shift into 4W

dealer can sleuth it out

Sponsored

v3rzaal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Raptor 37
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have the same problem on my 21 Raptor, been waiting to know of a fix before taking it in. Sounds so bad on cold start, just rattles, not an appealing sound!

235MW

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My 2.7 WildTrak Squatch does the same. Noticed around 3,000 miles and only have 4,500 on it now. Never been off road. Originally I thought it was just “cold,” but now it does it slightly upon accelerating AND a few times at random after starting (cold or hot). The easiest time to notice is when you remote start and walk around it OR give it some gas in a garage or somewhere with a nearby wall to bounce the sound back at you. I was hoping it was just some of that protective foil turkey pan stuff underneath. That makes a similar rattle when I flick the edge of it. I was thinking maybe it was just at a certain resonance when the vibration/rattle would occur. Will be watching this thread, fer sure…. Thanks for sharing.

CVSJR

Raptor
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '09 Z06
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I had a similar sound and thought it was exhaust rattle.. was a vacuum leak trying to shift into 4W

dealer can sleuth it out
Just had the same issue repaired a couple weeks ago, I thought it was the exhaust but was surprised to find out it was a $100 vacuum actuator leaving drivers side front wheel engaged.

Peter_benton

Raptor
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Escalade V, SL63
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Ditto! Quick fix luckily
Sponsored