First Name
Traci
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Is the only reason the Baha exhaust is "off road only" due to exceeding noise allowances? It says to see the user manual, but the user manual doesn't explain anything. I assumed it was because it exceeded the decibels allowed, but was wondering if anyone knew for sure. I don't want to damage my Raptor, but I like the Baja exhaust.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It isn’t going to hurt anything. It’s only because of the noise level. If you like the Baja exhaust mode, use it.

Sponsored

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

It isn’t going to hurt anything. It’s only because of the noise level. If you like the Baja exhaust mode, use it.
Haha that's like my Termignoni with the baffles removed - 109db at idle LOL.

Canyon Coolers

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
canyoncoolers.com
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco, Dodge 2500, Sprinter Van
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Is the only reason the Baha exhaust is "off road only" due to exceeding noise allowances? It says to see the user manual, but the user manual doesn't explain anything. I assumed it was because it exceeded the decibels allowed, but was wondering if anyone knew for sure. I don't want to damage my Raptor, but I like the Baja exhaust.
There are some crazy issues happening in California right now. Your vehicle might have to be modified to remove that feature if they catch you using the 'off road' modes on the road. Your vehicles noise rating was also tested in quiet mode, not the off road mode.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.apollo-optics.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak | 2021 GT500 | 2019 F-250
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Baja Mode is purely for noise levels. Enjoy the truck and send it.

Our GT500 has a Track Mode for the exhaust that is off-road only. And the first thing I do every time I start it is put it the car into Track Mode for the exhaust.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

My mustang is 105db on track, baja exhaust on the braptor is like a buzzing fan sound.

OP
OP

tmart1212

Raptor
First Name
Traci
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I agree…. I used to have a Raptor truck and I put a modified exhaust on it and it was 10 times louder than this. I just wasn’t sure why it said off road only use

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

TheLawnDart

Raptor
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser, Subaru Forrester, Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Just about anytime someone gets in my Bronco: “What’s off-road use only mean?” I hate having to explain the only reason it says that is to make my pee pee tingle when I push the pedal

Losy

Raptor
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Raptor, GL63, S7
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

There are some crazy issues happening in California right now. Your vehicle might have to be modified to remove that feature if they catch you using the 'off road' modes on the road. Your vehicles noise rating was also tested in quiet mode, not the off road mode.
Very inaccurate. Unless you own or drive a BRaptor a lot, it is easy to be fooled by the exhaust mode "off-road". Hardly a noticeable difference between sport exhaust and off-road. All levels are pretty tame. This is not a CA issue and does not exceed our exhaust noise levels. No one is pulling you over for the mild exhaust sound on a Braptor even in California. A stock 2019 Mustang GT is louder in normal mode. Seems like a Ford marketing way to make owners feel like "wow I am crazy driving in off road mode"....