Sponsored

Fab Four Matrix Full Coverage vs ARB Summit Front Bumpers Help Needed...

SafariJeff

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Defender / 2000 Discovery / 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have a 'deer hit' requirement (Northern Nevada / Lake Tahoe) for a front bumper and have had 2 ARB's on my previous Defender and Discovery. I also wanted a weld and no bolts to hold onto the brush/bull bar that I would imagine just shear off in a hit. The problem now, the Bronco ARB Summit looks just plain bulky ugly, not really integrated into the Bronco lines, and sticks out way to far for me to be comfortable with installing, looks like a 10+ inch shelf on the front of the grill, so now leaning to the Fab Four Matrix full coverage bumper. I have searched through Bronco6g and youtube but really cannot find much for 180 view pictures, reviews, or a video showing all angles, but seems to stick out half as much and have cleaner lines.

Have a 1 week old 4-Door 2023 Wildtrak HOSS3 Hardtop LUX (reservation 7/20/20)so:
1. Not sure if either deal with the SAS fender lines, the Matrix has only non-SAS mounted pictures and looks like it may be short on the SAS fenders and the Summit looks like it 'meets' the middle of the SAS fender flare.
2. Not sure the Matrix center cross bar might block the 360 camera system, they said it would not and the upward picture is misleading...
2. Not sure if the intercooler is vented 'enough', both look like I have to scrap the stock Wildtrak front skid plate.
3. Both look like they remount the ACC and parking sensors, since I have the LUX pack, so OK
4. Not sure what do do when I load on close to 200lbs to the front end and loose 1"+ and need to level the HOSS3...

I am looking at the ZROADZ Trail.R1 slider/steps since I want some slider protection and have a 9 year old that needs to get herself into the back seats and want as little step on the drivers front side as not brush my pants dirty every time get out, and a rear bumper that looks like it matches the front, but the tube look would work all around. Any help would be great...
Ford Bronco Fab Four Matrix Full Coverage vs ARB Summit Front Bumpers Help Needed... Screen Shot 2023-06-08 at 9.09.12 AM

Ford Bronco Fab Four Matrix Full Coverage vs ARB Summit Front Bumpers Help Needed... th-1540863444

Ford Bronco Fab Four Matrix Full Coverage vs ARB Summit Front Bumpers Help Needed... ARB_CO_00052_rev_700x700-2691481846

Ford Bronco Fab Four Matrix Full Coverage vs ARB Summit Front Bumpers Help Needed... TotalZParts_Arb-summit-front-winch-bumper-bronco_3480010-off-road-1000x1000-3331497586

My Old Toys:
Ford Bronco Fab Four Matrix Full Coverage vs ARB Summit Front Bumpers Help Needed... Clean Rover_1.JPG
Ford Bronco Fab Four Matrix Full Coverage vs ARB Summit Front Bumpers Help Needed... Defender beach.JPG

Ford Bronco Fab Four Matrix Full Coverage vs ARB Summit Front Bumpers Help Needed... F143877742-1791477099
Sponsored

Last edited:

Begster

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I love the ARB bull bars on other vehicles, I even had one on my old XJ for a while. It took me a while to realize what was so off about the new ARB summit bumper on the Bronco. The top of it sits above the bottom of the grill/fenders. You're right, it doesn't follow the lines, it seems like they just adapted a shape and cut around the grill rather than making the bumper fit where it is supposed to be.

Dshart5455

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That ARB is BEEFY

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a 'deer hit' requirement (Northern Nevada / Lake Tahoe) for a front bumper and have had 2 ARB's on my previous Defender and Discovery. I also wanted a weld and no bolts to hold onto the brush/bull bar that I would imagine just shear off in a hit. The problem now, the Bronco ARB Summit looks just plain bulky ugly, not really integrated into the Bronco lines, and sticks out way to far for me to be comfortable with installing, looks like a 10+ inch shelf on the front of the grill, so now leaning to the Fab Four Matrix full coverage bumper. I have searched through Bronco6g and youtube but really cannot find much for 180 view pictures, reviews, or a video showing all angles, but seems to stick out half as much and have cleaner lines.

Have a 1 week old 4-Door 2023 Wildtrak HOSS3 Hardtop LUX (reservation 7/20/20)so:
1. Not sure if either deal with the SAS fender lines, the Matrix has only non-SAS mounted pictures and looks like it may be short on the SAS fenders and the Summit looks like it 'meets' the middle of the SAS fender flare.
2. Not sure the Matrix center cross bar might block the 360 camera system, they said it would not and the upward picture is misleading...
2. Not sure if the intercooler is vented 'enough', both look like I have to scrap the stock Wildtrak front skid plate.
3. Both look like they remount the ACC and parking sensors, since I have the LUX pack, so OK
4. Not sure what do do when I load on close to 200lbs to the front end and loose 1"+ and need to level the HOSS3...

I am looking at the ZROADZ Trail.R1 slider/steps since I want some slider protection and have a 9 year old that needs to get herself into the back seats and want as little step on the drivers front side as not brush my pants dirty every time get out, and a rear bumper that looks like it matches the front, but the tube look would work all around. Any help would be great...
Ford Bronco Fab Four Matrix Full Coverage vs ARB Summit Front Bumpers Help Needed... F143877742-1791477099

My Old Toys:

For your veiwing pleasure...

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...d-ons-and-compatibilities-with-sensors.40408/

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

We also have to deal with kamikaze deer in NW Montana. I will sacrifice a little on the cosmetics to have the protection of the ARB. The ARB in Australia is designed and built as a "Roo guard". Kangaroo strikes there are far more common than deer strikes here. ARB builds the bumpers to handle those strikes. They are purpose built to handle animal strikes. Most of the others I have looked at are built to look the part but not tested/proven to survive actual strikes. I prefer the look of the ARB I had on a Tacoma and also an FJ. The Bronco version won't win any prizes for cosmetics, but I know it will work as intended.
Sponsored