First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '20 Trail Boss, '18 Triumph Tiger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Has anyone had issues with the factory driving lights randomly going off and back on while going down the road. Ours seem to turn off for a few seconds and then come back on without any pattern. It's not a flicker like a loose connection. When they go off they stay of for 15 to 30 seconds?
Sponsored

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The light sensor is very touchy and it doesn’t ramp up and down very smoothly. So if you are driving and you go through a shadow or a cloud goes over head - not sure if that is what you are seeing or not. That controls the backlight on the internal displays and the headlights in auto

Headlights also turn on with the wipers, but there is a bit of a delay there - it takes one or two wipes before the headlamps kick on.

Arokcrwlr

Wildtrak
First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150, 2014 Focus, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Has anyone had issues with the factory driving lights randomly going off and back on while going down the road. Ours seem to turn off for a few seconds and then come back on without any pattern. It's not a flicker like a loose connection. When they go off they stay of for 15 to 30 seconds?
Are you talking about the headlights or fogs? If you talking about the fogs - check to make sure the plug under the drivers side bumper is tight and making a good connection. My fogs did exactly what you're describing from the moment I drove it off the lot. I checked the connector and the connector was not pushed to lock...

Sponsored
OP
OP
Barneyridesagain

Barneyridesagain

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Are you talking about the headlights or fogs? If you talking about the fogs - check to make sure the plug under the drivers side bumper is tight and making a good connection. My fogs did exactly what you're describing from the moment I drove it off the lot. I checked the connector and the connector was not pushed to lock...
The fogs are what I was talking about. I'll check the plug. Thanks for the heads up.

OP
OP
Barneyridesagain

Barneyridesagain

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The light sensor is very touchy and it doesn’t ramp up and down very smoothly. So if you are driving and you go through a shadow or a cloud goes over head - not sure if that is what you are seeing or not. That controls the backlight on the internal displays and the headlights in auto

Headlights also turn on with the wipers, but there is a bit of a delay there - it takes one or two wipes before the headlamps kick on.
Thanks but I was actually referring I guess to the "fog" or "driving" lights in the bumper.

Todd H.

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fog/Driving lights are programed to turn off when the high beams are activated. So if you have automatic high beams they will turn on and off with the high beams as you drive.

OP
OP
Barneyridesagain

Barneyridesagain

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Fog/Driving lights are programed to turn off when the high beams are activated. So if you have automatic high beams they will turn on and off with the high beams as you drive.
That's a possibility since it usually happens when going over a hill now that I think about it. Didn't realize it even had that feature. It's an OBX with high package. Will have to check the features.
Thanks!
Sponsored