Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crown Vic, Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a '23 Badlands SAS, took delivery in JAN '23 and wanted to install some front mudflaps right away. Would have loved to simply remove the front tires for an easier install, however, quickly realized that the factory supplied jack wouldn't lift enough to remove them. Yes, I was attempting to lift 1 side at a time at the Ford recommended jack location. No, I do not have a lift, everything is factory. This was on my flat and level concrete driveway. No, I do not own a floor jack nor would I expect to carry it around for emergency situations. It would lift ALMOST enough off the ground but maxed out before the rubber left the ground. I was super disappointed. Is it possible that Ford decided to include the same jack for every model with no regard for vehicle height?

I since decided to purchase a bottle jack to replace the factory supplied scissor lift. I went with a Husky from Home Depot. Specifically, this one since it just barely squeezes in the factory location and has just enough lift to get the job done in the rear, and enough to get the job done in the front with the assistance of a couple of pieces of 2x4 to place under the jack. Yes, risky, however, better than nothing.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-6-Ton-Hydraulic-Bottle-Jack-HPL6B/308174827

After ~6 months of driving I went to check on the jack and sure enough, it had leaked about 1/8 teaspoon of hydraulic fluid. Never did I suspect this would work storing it horizontally, this was just a test. It failed, and I'm back to square one.

Apologies for not having pics of the failed attempt using the factory scissor lift, however, I was just so frustrated at the time!

Has anyone experienced the same, and has anyone developed a better solution?

PXL_20230704_213556875.jpg

PXL_20230704_213043600.jpg

PXL_20230704_213336486.jpg

PXL_20230704_213510798.jpg
I have the same car (but 2021) and I have used the factory supplied jack without issue.
It is pretty flimsy, and I will probably replace it, but I think it should suffice on pavement just fine.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have a '23 Badlands SAS, took delivery in JAN '23 and wanted to install some front mudflaps right away. Would have loved to simply remove the front tires for an easier install, however, quickly realized that the factory supplied jack wouldn't lift enough to remove them. Yes, I was attempting to lift 1 side at a time at the Ford recommended jack location. No, I do not have a lift, everything is factory. This was on my flat and level concrete driveway. No, I do not own a floor jack nor would I expect to carry it around for emergency situations. It would lift ALMOST enough off the ground but maxed out before the rubber left the ground. I was super disappointed. Is it possible that Ford decided to include the same jack for every model with no regard for vehicle height?

I since decided to purchase a bottle jack to replace the factory supplied scissor lift. I went with a Husky from Home Depot. Specifically, this one since it just barely squeezes in the factory location and has just enough lift to get the job done in the rear, and enough to get the job done in the front with the assistance of a couple of pieces of 2x4 to place under the jack. Yes, risky, however, better than nothing.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-6-Ton-Hydraulic-Bottle-Jack-HPL6B/308174827

After ~6 months of driving I went to check on the jack and sure enough, it had leaked about 1/8 teaspoon of hydraulic fluid. Never did I suspect this would work storing it horizontally, this was just a test. It failed, and I'm back to square one.

Apologies for not having pics of the failed attempt using the factory scissor lift, however, I was just so frustrated at the time!

Has anyone experienced the same, and has anyone developed a better solution?

PXL_20230704_213556875.jpg

PXL_20230704_213043600.jpg

PXL_20230704_213336486.jpg

PXL_20230704_213510798.jpg
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

TakeNoGuff

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Armada, Dodge Ram 2500 4x4, Soon Bronco BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you are so worried about safety, get an airbag lift that runs off of the exhaust; pricy but safe and fast.

OP
OP
rpeary

rpeary

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Badlands SAS, 2017 Lexus RX350 F-Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, I need to circle back and apologize to the community here. I am an idiot! It turns out I do have the correct jack and extension block, thanks @WheresMyBronco for pointing out the other thread so I could confirm this. This whole time I was lifting in the wrong location at the front of the vehicle. I was lifting at the reinforced section of pinch weld just under the front fender. The manual clearly details a spot on the frame with an arrow. https://www.fordservicecontent.com/...ingEnabled=False&userMarket=USA&buildtype=web
When lifting from there I have plenty jack height to spare. Just proves once again to always RTFM!
Sponsored