First Name
K.C.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda 6, Kawasaki Nomad
Your Bronco Model
Base
I found that it's almost impossible to clean the fender flares on the bronco. Spots from mud and dirt just seem to stay. Other items I've purchased have not matched or been a high gloss where everything else is a matte finish. I opted to go with some Rust-Oleum Peel Coat Matte black or the DupliColor vinyl wrap Carbon Black. Both colors match the OEM look. The pictures of fender flare that I scratched and repainted were done with DupliColor. I've used the peel coats before and they stick pretty well. I don't know how well they'll hold up on the plastic but it's been over a month and they've held up good. I do hand wash my vehicles.

IMG_20230805_092842291_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230805_092914147_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230805_094805543_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230805_113354593_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230805_113513700.jpg

IMG_20230805_113718956_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230805_113804030_HDR.jpg
Sponsored

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine are all scratched up and the rears have rock dings on the front side. I thought that’s what they were for…. I partially ripped off one of the front fender flares in some stout brush on my last trip. Now I carry spare fender flare “clips”. The flares still look pretty good (IMO) after being washed and coated with 303 protectant.

I’ve also got brush marks (which don’t show too badly on the Cactus Gray) and a lot of rock scrapes on my SAS beauty rings.

But, that’s what I bought it for, and have loved every minute of remote camping and off-roading in it.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Apply Griots 3in1 ceramic spray to all plastics from day 1. And every so often after washing. I apply it on all exterior surfaces. Great stuff.

OP
OP
KCW

KCW

Base
First Name
K.C.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I purchased hinge covers online, so after market. The covers were a gloss plastic and didn't look good with the contrasting black. After using the Peel Coat, they look like the were made with the fenders.

Sponsored

Imonamoose

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Moose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine are all scratched up and the rears have rock dings on the front side. I thought that’s what they were for…. I partially ripped off one of the front fender flares in some stout brush on my last trip. Now I carry spare fender flare “clips”. The flares still look pretty good (IMO) after being washed and coated with 303 protectant.

I’ve also got brush marks (which don’t show too badly on the Cactus Gray) and a lot of rock scrapes on my SAS beauty rings.

But, that’s what I bought it for, and have loved every minute of remote camping and off-roading in it.
This is my experience exactly with the exception that I got sick of that plastic crap and when i nicked one loose while wheeling i took them off and put on some $100 steel fender flares from China.

I feel it really improved the look personally which i was not expecting. They are super easy to keep clean and a big improvement over stock.

(OEM fender flares for sale if anyone wants them)

Ford Bronco Fender flares and other plastic parts 20230918_152222

Fishwrinkle

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 GC overland 5.7, 18 GC srt 6.4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Lol you should see mine. I didn’t buy my offroad vehicle to stay pristine. I have other vehicles for show. The heat gun has always brought trim back to life and is less work than sprays and paints in my experience. I rather would spend my time doing what it’s intended for.

I do like the way they turned out, but won’t it scratch in the brush when having fun?

JayGar562

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is my experience exactly with the exception that I got sick of that plastic crap and when i nicked one loose while wheeling i took them off and put on some $100 steel fender flares from China.

I feel it really improved the look personally which i was not expecting. They are super easy to keep clean and a big improvement over stock.

(OEM fender flares for sale if anyone wants them)

Do you have the link to those steel fender flares?

Imonamoose

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Moose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OEDRO Steel Front & Rear Fender Flares Compatible with 2021-2023 Ford Bronco 2/4 Doors, 4 Pcs Flat Fender Set https://a.co/d/avRl4aX

Looks like they are not available anymore but all this chinesium crap is the same stuff sold under different names to avoid the courts and game the system. I bet they are being sold under a different importer. Just search around.

Good luck.

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
These are all 5 inches wide and will look odd on non SAS broncos. Anyone gotten a hold of something suitable for non SAS broncos?

Sponsored

bikesandguitars

Wildtrak
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco Wildtrak, ‘22 Tundra TRD PRO
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Good as new with Armor All and a sponge. Just like my Jeep.

Snakk Attakk

Big Bend
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have some marks on mine from trails and I may have swiped them with some wax (the enemy of plastic).

I wonder if PlastiX is a good choice for cleaning those? I have half a bottle of that left over from a previous vehicle. It is good stuff, but all plastics are different. Maybe I'll try on a small test area.

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’ve read that Scrubbing Bubbles work wonders on stubborn stains. I’ve been on the lookout for inexpensive weekender flare deletes that I can swap on for off road use. Someone will come up with that soon enough. Even though the factory flares are easily replaced, they’re kind of expensive and you need to get all 4 when one gets all bashed up.

OrangecrushBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I found that it's almost impossible to clean the fender flares on the bronco. Spots from mud and dirt just seem to stay. Other items I've purchased have not matched or been a high gloss where everything else is a matte finish. I opted to go with some Rust-Oleum Peel Coat Matte black or the DupliColor vinyl wrap Carbon Black. Both colors match the OEM look. The pictures of fender flare that I scratched and repainted were done with DupliColor. I've used the peel coats before and they stick pretty well. I don't know how well they'll hold up on the plastic but it's been over a month and they've held up good. I do hand wash my vehicles.

Looks like you did really well. FWIW if you're as OCD as me with cleaning vehicles, no matter how good the products you use, hand washing will cause fine scratching and webbing of the clearcoat that will show in certain lighting and angles.

OP
OP
KCW

KCW

Base
First Name
K.C.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not OCD, I just want it to look clean after washing.
Looks like you did really well. FWIW if you're as OCD as me with cleaning vehicles, no matter how good the products you use, hand washing will cause fine scratching and webbing of the clearcoat that will show in certain lighting and angles.
Not OCD. I just want it to look clean after I wash it.
Sponsored