First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Looking at the different model configurations on the Ford website it appears all of the configurations below the Wildtrak have narrower fender flares. Also, the wheels don't stick out as far (more wheel backspacing than the Wildtrak) which I assume is to stay within the fender flares. So, if we want a wider stance will we have to get the Wildtrak (Widertrak)?
Ford Bronco Fender Flares and Wheel Backspacing Differences broncos

Last edited:
OP
OP

Heebi Geebi

Wildtrak
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I believe that any Sasquatch Bronco will have the same backspacing as the Wildtrak.
Sorry, you posted before I decided to add the photo. Can you see the difference? Both of them have the Sasquatch package. If you look at the rear corner of each vehicle you may notice that it looks like the rear tire on the Wildtrak sticks out further.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wouldn't put a lot on CGI renderings. They will both have 8.5in wide wheels that probably will have the same backspacing.

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sorry, you posted before I decided to add the photo. Can you see the difference? Both of them have the Sasquatch package. If you look at the rear corner of each vehicle you may notice that it looks like the rear tire on the Wildtrak sticks out further.
They do not both have the Sasquatch package.

The Wildtrak (and anything with Sasquatch) is 3" wider than the Badlands w/o Sasquatch. The track width is 1.9" more and the tires are 1.18" wider than the Badlands, which adds up to about 3".

https://media.ford.com/content/dam/...pdf/2021-Bronco-2dr-4dr-Prelim-Tech-Specs.pdf

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The Wildtrak (and anything with Sasquatch) is 3" wider than the Badlands w/o Sasquatch. The track width is 1.9" more and the tires are 1.18" wider than the Badlands, which adds up to about 3".

https://media.ford.com/content/dam/fordmedia/North America/US/product/2021/bronco/pdf/2021-Bronco-2dr-4dr-Prelim-Tech-Specs.pdf

I guess I misunderstood your question. The Wildtrack will be the same as any other squatch package as far as wheel size goes and have the wider flares. The non 35s will have the narrower flares and not as wide of wheels. Is that what you are asking?

OP
OP

Heebi Geebi

Wildtrak
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

https://media.ford.com/content/dam/fordmedia/North America/US/product/2021/bronco/pdf/2021-Bronco-2dr-4dr-Prelim-Tech-Specs.pdf
Ah, OK! Thanks for the info! I just assumed they both had 35" tires in the pic. So, there are two different widths for the fender flares after all.

Last edited:

guzie

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru WRX sti, 2019 Ford Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ah, OK! Thanks for the info! I just assumed they both had 35" tires in the pic. So, there are two different widths for the fender flares after all.
The badlands doesn’t come with Sasquatch as standard is all. Add that and it gets the wider flares.

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
On a F-150, stock wheels are +44mm offset and the 8-1/2" wide Raptor wheels are +34mm.
I'll bet they are the same.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On a F-150, stock wheels are +44mm offset and the 8-1/2" wide Raptor wheels are +34mm.
I'll bet they are the same.
From tech specs the 35s are 17x8.5.

curious about offset and lug pattern so we can get our own “squatch” wheels aftermarket with a modest lift, and the wider fender flares

Ford Bronco Fender Flares and Wheel Backspacing Differences 87BAB0C3-EF8A-4124-9C78-01CFF3354AFD

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

curious about offset and lug pattern so we can get our own “squatch” wheels aftermarket with a modest lift, and the wider fender flares
I'm not sure about the wider fender flares looking better or being better on the trail. I‘m thinking that 35s with the narrower flares may a) look better by making it more aggressive/appear wider and b) actually won’t get dinged as much on the trail as the tire will hit the obstacle first. So I’m definitely consider running the smaller flares - but have to have 35s.

And I’d never use wheel spacers.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm not sure about the wider fender flares looking better or being better on the trail. I‘m thinking that 35s with the narrower flares may a) look better by making it more aggressive/appear wider and b) actually won’t get dinged as much on the trail as the tire will hit the obstacle first. So I’m definitely consider running the smaller flares - but have to have 35s.

And I’d never use wheel spacers.
Ford isn't legally allowed to have the narrower fenders on the wider wheels, but obviously you could do whatever after the fact and swap them out for the narrower ones.

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From tech specs the 35s are 17x8.5.

Ford Bronco Fender Flares and Wheel Backspacing Differences 87BAB0C3-EF8A-4124-9C78-01CFF3354AFD
Well, I'll tell you what I think I know: When you use the Bronco configurator on interactivegarage.com , the available Rhino wheels for the Bronco are listed there to be either -18 or 0 (zero) backspace. When you go the the Rhino website, to review the specifications for the wheel, it is listed to have a 6 x 139.7 pattern (6-lug) and the noted 0 backspace is 5.3 (inches) backspace, and the also noted -18 backspace is 4.5 (inches). This leads me to expect that the Broncos with a smaller tread width (less than the 12" wide) would be set at 0 (zero). The 33" and the 35" (and the 37", if it's offered as an option) all have 12" width's, so I expect that reduced backspace (about 3/4" less) is to get the tires out there just a little bit wider, so they won't rub on... whatever they would be rubbing on.

If anyone lives in Southern California, I will be selling the Sasquatch 35's and the wheels off of my Badland's, as Brand New Take-Off's. Let me know.