Sponsored

Bronco Builder 2022 vs 2023: Color and fender differences?

ChouDa

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Long time lurker, first time poster!!

I've been a proud CO Bronco Badlands reservation holder since January 2022 and I'm still waiting. Proudly. Patiently.

Just a few weeks ago I get a call from my dealer telling me he's excited to walk me through the 2023 Broncos to redo my order. I figured I wouldn't be getting it this year anyway as I hear so many people still have a 2021 ressy and still nothing in hand!

Long story short, they took away the Cyber Orange (which I know everyone here knows about, personally SUPER gutted about) and so I turn to the builder and start playing around with the other colors.

This is what I'm noticing on the builder and I'm wondering if anyone else is seeing the same thing. And I know this is just a jpg that they're throwing together on the website, buuuut for someone who's been consuming so much Bronco content, I can't help but worry that these changes weren't made by mistake? I mean, they're professionals right? Why would they create new images if they weren't being implemented?

There are namely two I've noticed so far, and I'll add some pics so you guys can see what I'm talking about. But what I'm seeing, just at a glance is:
  1. Cactus gray looks bluer than it did in 2022. Personally really hope it's not this tint of blue because I think the flat cactus gray color was super slick!
  2. Does the fenders look smaller or more tapered now? I hear there's a big issue with the Sassy package and rocks chipping off the door paint. I can't imagine they'd make them smaller, right?
Disclaimer: I could just be going crazy since I'm on this builder site like... once a week and my entire YouTube and social feeds are just Bronco stuff. Never been a huge car guy until the Bronco was revealed. It's changed me. LOL

Thanks for the time and all the amazing Bronco content on this website. I've never been so consistently excited about something for so long!

Cheers guys!

Ford Bronco Bronco Builder 2022 vs 2023: Color and fender differences? Photoshop_2022-10-04_13-03-14

Ford Bronco Bronco Builder 2022 vs 2023: Color and fender differences? Photoshop_2022-10-04_13-09-02
Sponsored

Last edited:

JakeC

Badlands
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
michiganbroncos.club
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bumper comparison: Top picture has the modular bumper, bottom has the “capable”

Fenders: Top picture is Sasquatched (wider tires), bottom is not.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Also no rock rails.

Sponsored

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My guess is bug in their code. The build and price has been doing some odd stuff. Those flares are standard flares not the wide sas flares.

Gjeepguy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Durango, 2007 JK, 1997 TJ, 1993 YJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Also glitches for outerbanks with SAS. still shows painted nonSAS fenders.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2 years ago when we were all waiting for the originally B&P to launch that kept getting delayed and delayed again, Mike Levine made a quip about how they had some real rockstars working on it and it will be out soon. When it finally launched it was very buggy and had similar gems to what you pointed out. From thence forth the "Rockstars" get credit for every suspected glitch or error.

This is also about the time Ford said the B&P would launch "by September" (or was it ordering? its has been a while) so if you see that term batted around that's where it originated from.

This concluded today's 6g history lesson.

Last edited:

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Personally, I think the 2023 render color looks more accurate compared to the ones I've seen in the wild. The 2022 looks a bit too close to desert sand everglades. For a zero cycle refresh year, wonder why they even played with the B&P anyway.

Sponsored
OP
OP
ChouDa

ChouDa

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sorry, missed the capable bumper. But after updating it on the 2023 Cactus Grey, it didn't change the fenders.

Also, both are Sasquatched out with the 17” Black High Gloss-Painted Aluminum Wheels with Warm Alloy Beauty Ring Beadlock Capable.

Here's the updated pic:

Photoshop_2022-10-04_15-16-26.jpg

OP
OP
ChouDa

ChouDa

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My guess is bug in their code. The build and price has been doing some odd stuff. Those flares are standard flares not the wide sas flares.
Ah, okay... I see. It's mixing the wrong fenders with the wrong options. I see the like.. mid-tier looking fenders that aren't changing when you click the 35" mud tires instead of the 33".

So it's a glitch. Or just bad coding.

OP
OP
ChouDa

ChouDa

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2 years ago when we were all waiting for the originally B&P to launch that kept getting delayed and delayed again, Mike Levine made a quip about how they had some real rockstars working on it and it will be out soon. When it finally launched it was very buggy and had similar gems to what you pointed out. From thence forth the "Rockstars" get credit for every suspected glitch or error.

This is also about the time Ford said the B&P would launch "by September" (or was it ordering? its has been a while) so if you see that term batted around that's where it originated from.

This concluded today's 6g history lesson.
Thank you for this! This literally answered... all of my questions, in this thread and out of.

I see the Mike Levine tweet too about the colors. Full circle. Same page. lol
Sponsored