Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

hmm

seems like based on some more voting that people have rejected the 2.3 almost whole sale.

do not blame them. Feel bad if this impacts fords decision in the future to make manual V8 or v6

I suggest people who want these things tell their dealers so they can tell ford there is demand
A couple important factors here:

1) We're on an enthusiast site. Enthusiasts tend to go for the more powerful offering
2) This forum is a tiny percentage of overall reservations/conversions.

I'll preface this with saying I don't mean any of this as a knock on 2.3 reservation holders, just stating realities......

While the numbers may look a certain way here, the reality is a majority of the rest of the "regular folk" (non B6g) reservations are likely for 2.3 models. And the 2.3 is also going to represent a huge chunk of what dealers stock, because that's what's going to sell to to Joe and Kelly that saw that "cool boxy suv without a roof but it wasn't a Jeep."
Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

A couple important factors here:

1) We're on an enthusiast site. Enthusiasts tend to go for the more powerful offering
2) This forum is a tiny percentage of overall reservations/conversions.

I'll preface this with saying I don't mean any of this as a knock on 2.3 reservation holders, just stating realities......

While the numbers may look a certain way here, the reality is a majority of the rest of the "regular folk" (non B6g) reservations are likely for 2.3 models. And the 2.3 is also going to represent a huge chunk of what dealers stock, because that's what's going to sell to to Joe and Kelly that saw that "cool boxy suv without a roof but it wasn't a Jeep."
I agree. I have the 2.3L in my Ranger, and that little thing will haul some ass. However, I decided on the 2.7L for my Bronco, because as "Tim the Tool Man" said........MORE POWER.........

Haystack

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm going 2 door Base Base (non squatch). I keep going back and forth between the 2.3 and 2.7. I'm leaning 2.3 auto at the moment, but it changes daily. I just don't see the need to spend $1895 more for 40hp.

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I sat down at the dealer yesterday evening and finalized my build so that it can be entered when ordering opens. It took a lot of thought and consternation to end up where I did. In a perfect world Ford would have offered the 2.7 with the manual trans, but they didn't. I was back and forth in choosing between the manual or the preferred engine. In the end, I couldn't not do the manual. My very first vehicle was a manual and I've been in love ever since. I was vocal with the dealership about the limitations that Ford has put in place for those of us interested in the manual. Ford really is doing their best to drive demand for the manual trans down. As far as the 2.3 is concerned, I hope it holds up.
I had the same back and forth with adding Sasquatch to it. Between not knowing what Ford is going to want for the mansquatch, the limited value it brings to the Badlands, and the fact that I would honestly prefer a slightly more lifted Bronco than the marginal increase with Sasquatch, I decided to not delay my build over it. A 2.3 manual Badlands is a great platform for me to work from.
Sponsored