Sponsored

Finally drove a Bronco. Summary good, bad, great and ugly.

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know many on this Forum have already seen or driven a Bronco but I had not done either so I’ll chime in with my recent observations. Got a call from my dealer this week that they had a Big Bend Sasquatch 2.7 available for test drive. Booked a time and drove one yesterday. Really wanted to get behind the wheel and also check the soft top out for road noise and quality to determine if I wanted to switch out of MIC to get bronco faster. For reference, I have a 4 dr Sasquatch Badlands 2.7 ordered

The good
1. The car drove really well on the freeway and around town. Was concerned the tires might be unwieldy but it was super comfy and handled better than I expected.
2. The soft top was much quieter than I expected and is actually fun. Quality looked solid. Never been a soft top guy but I actually liked it. Switched my order. Will buy a hardtop down the road.
3. Feel from behind the wheel was awesome.
4. Tire noise on freeway was not an issue even with soft top

The bad
1. Some of the components used around the console were super cheap. I was not expecting the best materials in a car you can hose out but wow… cheapo.
2. The engine bay is a nightmare. Looks like Ford spent about 15 minutes on organizing the power train. It’s a mess.
3. The sound of the engine in and out of the cab was disappointing. It was the 2.7 and was really whiny. I’ve had eco boost turbo engines before but this is particularly high pitched. It’s begging for a V8.

The Ugly
1. The seats in the big bend were ok but the fabric and feel of them was terrible.
Nothing really ugly besides that.

The Great
1. The overall package and presence of the Bronco exceeded my expectations… which were pretty high to start with. The issues listed under Bad or Ugly disappeared when driving the Bronco.
2. Fun factor is off the charts.
3. While the test drive was a road drive only, I was left unsupervised and did find some small obstacles. This thing gobbled up rocks and ruts and short steep inclines with ease and I can see it is going to make me a better off-roader.

I hope my initial impressions help somebody. I cannot wait to get my hands on my new Bronco… as frustrating as the delivery aspect has been.

6649190F-9E78-4379-A66B-7EF639E6E8D3.jpeg
Sponsored