First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 T4R Limited (RIP)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Is there any way to edit a post you’ve made?

The first paragraph of the above was supposed to be
“ Many thanks to the OP for this information! I ditched my grab handle clamp with
25mm ball + 6” double socket arm + 25mm to 17mm ball adapter + iOttie phone holder
and replaced it with the ProClip + 17mm ball AMPS adapter + the iOttie phone holder”

And, of course, only one copy of each pix…..

Sorry for being such a noob.
No worries. Sometimes you don't know till you know.

First make sure you're signed in. Go to the bottom if your post and click the three dots. It'll give y drop down to edit or delete.

Ford Bronco Finally found a phone mount that checks the boxes... Sorta 1679362606283
Sponsored

OP
OP
DCtoobs42

DCtoobs42

Black Diamond
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 T4R Limited (RIP)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
IMHO Ford missed an opportunity not putting a power outlet on top of the dash for a cord, would have made mounting a phone holder/charger so much cleaner and efficient
While this is available in some trims, I actually like that there are a lot of places in the dash for running wires.
  • Slot above the touch screen
  • Lots of hidden holes on the underside of the lower dash seam
  • Around climate controls
  • You can probably sneak a small gauge wire in next to a grab handle
  • Plenty of parts to pop off and drill a small hole near the edge for charging wire.
I actually don't like to see a clunky usb sticking straight out from a clean surface so I'm very happy with how this worked out. The other advantage I like about running wires behind the dash is that it gives you an out of the way spot for bundling extra cable or aplace to hide a splice (if you like to do that to shorten cords)

29AGAIN

Big Bend
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1929 Ford Roadster, 2019 Tesla MS, 2022 Bronco BB
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

No worries. Sometimes you don't know till you know.

First make sure you're signed in. Go to the bottom if your post and click the three dots. It'll give y drop down to edit or delete.

Ford Bronco Finally found a phone mount that checks the boxes... Sorta 1679362606283

Thank you my friend. You have been very helpful, and kind!

dhendriksen

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr Badlands - Loaded 2.7 with SAS and LUX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
While this is available in some trims, I actually like that there are a lot of places in the dash for running wires.
  • Slot above the touch screen
  • Lots of hidden holes on the underside of the lower dash seam
  • Around climate controls
  • You can probably sneak a small gauge wire in next to a grab handle
  • Plenty of parts to pop off and drill a small hole near the edge for charging wire.
I actually don't like to see a clunky usb sticking straight out from a clean surface so I'm very happy with how this worked out. The other advantage I like about running wires behind the dash is that it gives you an out of the way spot for bundling extra cable or aplace to hide a splice (if you like to do that to shorten cords)
So did you just plug yours in to the USB-C post down where the wireless charger is?

OP
OP
DCtoobs42

DCtoobs42

Black Diamond
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 T4R Limited (RIP)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So did you just plug yours in to the USB-C post down where the wireless charger is?
Correct. I run it behind the dash and it pops out right down by the tray in the console. I got a little 90 deg usb c male to female so you can really even see thats its plugged in. In the future i may power it by tapping power from elsewhere and making it neat behind the glovebox, but i dont have a need to plug anything in to the usb c at the moment. Another power tapping posibility is from the power outlet in the center console storage.

Sponsored

nc bronco driver

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Many thanks to the OP for this information! I ditched my grab handle clamp with
25mm ball + 6” double socket arm + 25mm to 17mm ball adapter + iOttie phone holder
and replaced it with the ProClip + 17mm ball AMPS adapter + the iOttie phone holder

The iOttie holder is a slick little device that has a spring loaded pressure pad that snaps the 2 side arms tightly around the phone when you sit the phone on the 2 bottom arms and press the phone lightly. The arms are padded and long enough to grab my phone which has a case plus a stick-on wallet with a DL, 2 CCs, and 2 folded 20s.
It is a one-handed operation and has a 17mm ball socket
The whole iOttie mount can be purchased on Amazon for $18. Just use the holder portion.

Thank you for sharing this setup. I mimicked it and am really happy with the placement and stability. +1 for this combo of parts, even though it took ordering three different pieces to pull it together it's a great solution.

imstimpy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just wanted to chime in and say thank you for the writeup. I finished the install this morning and it is exactly what I was looking for!

I used the following:
  • ProClip mount, #855783
  • Tackform 17mm AMPS mount, #TF-BS-125
  • Course Motorsports MAGSAFE charger, #CM2.90088
  • 3/8" self tapping screws
The angled mount is bonded to the base with some impressive adhesive! I used a box cutter to carefully score the glue, some force, and some patience to get that off. I then cleaned up the surface with a bastard file. I overlaid the AMPS mount, scored some holes (1.5" x 1 3/16" or 38mm x 30mm), then drilled with the smallest drill bit I had (1/16"). I then attached the AMPS mount to the base with the screws.
Sponsored