Sponsored

Finally, I found out why my Bronco was delayed!!!

Yodar Crutch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I finally found out why my Bronco OBX was delayed for 90 days. The dealer said it was a Windshield Wiper Motor. I received a built acknowledgement on 4/20. From the Detroit area and talked to a Ford Engineer and yep (I think) a $130 part has delayed my Bronco by 90 days. I sent an email to my dealer and she is fed up with Ford and their BS. Idle thought: if the WW Motor is a general part why are other people who ordered after me getting their vehicle. What a joke.
Sponsored

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I finally found out why my Bronco OBX was delayed for 90 days. The dealer said it was a Windshield Wiper Motor. I received a built acknowledgement on 4/20. From the Detroit area and talked to a Ford Engineer and yep (I think) a $130 part has delayed my Bronco by 90 days. I sent an email to my dealer and she is fed up with Ford and their BS. Idle thought: if the WW Motor is a general part why are other people who ordered after me getting their vehicle. What a joke.
The entire bronco build, shipping and tracking process can only be explained by classifying them all as, "unexplainable".

Sids

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Navigator, 2017 F350, 2015 Odessey (dog car)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think I'm right there with you... Build week of 4/20 and still sitting in production. Every time I ask they say it's not a chip hold. A WW motor makes more sense. The whole manufacturing process that continues to put out vehicles while others missing a part sit for months makes zero sense.

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4DR, 2007 Saturn Sky
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
… why are other people who ordered after me getting their vehicle. What a joke.
Because as back ordered parts come in they go on to the vehicles on the line first and then any left go to the ones already off the line and waiting for parts evidently. At least that’s my guess. Ford will never publicly say anything about it.
Last in, first out.
It sucks.

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4DR, 2007 Saturn Sky
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think I'm right there with you... Build week of 4/20 and still sitting in production. Every time I ask they say it's not a chip hold. A WW motor makes more sense. The whole manufacturing process that continues to put out vehicles while others missing a part sit for months makes zero sense.
It makes business sense. They keep the line with the unioned employees moving and working. If they shut down the line because there were no parts available since they all went to the vehicles waiting on the various mountains they’d have major troubles.
Im hoping that when parts come in during a time when the line is producing different vehicles then the waiting ones get them. But a lot of this stuff is shared between the vehicle models so probably not.

Sponsored

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
not surprised. Typical these days everywhere. Tell em you wont be back. They dont care