Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Took me a little while to get this edited. But it was fun revisiting the footage, of course I can't show all of it (some because you'd be bored of watching me watch the rear bumper in front of me and some because something shouldn't be shared).

Based on my experience it was more beneficial to me to go alone because I did get to drive the trail guides around and pick their brains. Would I have loved to have taken the wife? Sure. But if you do have to go by yourself you shouldn't think it's a drawback.

As you can see in the video it was wicked windy. But that most affected us when we hit some elevation.

Hope you enjoy!
Sponsored

mbagne

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Took me a little while to get this edited. But it was fun revisiting the footage, of course I can't show all of it (some because you'd be bored of watching me watch the rear bumper in front of me and some because something shouldn't be shared).

Based on my experience it was more beneficial to me to go alone because I did get to drive the trail guides around and pick their brains. Would I have loved to have taken the wife? Sure. But if you do have to go by yourself you shouldn't think it's a drawback.

As you can see in the video it was wicked windy. But that most affected us when we hit some elevation.

Hope you enjoy!
Great video, brings back memories! Wow, can't believe that it has been almost 7 months since I was there . . . and I still don't have my Bronco! :oops:

I didn't get to ride with any of the guides even though I was there alone, like you. Very cool watching the banter with the guide as you drove along. Did you get to use points for Bronco gear in the store? I picked out over $200 worth of free stuff due to using points, some cool shirts, caps, and Yeti items. Overall I think the Nevada site is a great "Bronco playground".

OP
OP
swooshdave

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great video, brings back memories! Wow, can't believe that it has been almost 7 months since I was there . . . and I still don't have my Bronco! :oops:

I didn't get to ride with any of the guides even though I was there alone, like you. Very cool watching the banter with the guide as you drove along. Did you get to use points for Bronco gear in the store? I picked out over $200 worth of free stuff due to using points, some cool shirts, caps, and Yeti items. Overall I think the Nevada site is a great "Bronco playground".
We got a $250 credit at the store. My dealer chipped in another $500. I didn’t spend it all but I can use the excess for other things. Not hard to spend a lot there with those Yeti products.

robo

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Subaru STi hatch, CG 2022 Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like you got the same guide crew we had last month, Joe and Danni I think?
They were great! Her Jeep is a nice looking build too.
I spent the $250 on that nice Yeti cooler bag, which means I only paid around $120 (out of pocket) for it.

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice video! especially the inserted Disney scene when the driver was "kissing the control arm" :)

Looks like I missed out on some cool trails because I went on a Sunday and it was 1-8pm instead of 8am-6pm.

Gunshot was the most challenging trail we went on, but it looks like you went on trails where you only had 3 wheels on the ground. We didn't get to experience that.

Sponsored
OP
OP
swooshdave

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice video! especially the inserted Disney scene when the driver was "kissing the control arm" :)

Looks like I missed out on some cool trails because I went on a Sunday and it was 1-8pm instead of 8am-6pm.

Gunshot was the most challenging trail we went on, but it looks like you went on trails where you only had 3 wheels on the ground. We didn't get to experience that.
They typically run multiple groups on the weekends which does limit the time. I specifically wanted to go during the week.

OP
OP
swooshdave

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like you got the same guide crew we had last month, Joe and Danni I think?
They were great! Her Jeep is a nice looking build too.
I spent the $250 on that nice Yeti cooler bag, which means I only paid around $120 (out of pocket) for it.
I was drooling on the bag but didn't really have a need. We plan on getting an fridge so instead I got as much apparel as I could. Sadly the more popular sizes were not available for most items.

Yes, it was Joe and Danni. I didn't get to see her Jeep but I heard that it's well built.

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They typically run multiple groups on the weekends which does limit the time. I specifically wanted to go during the week.
We had ONE group with 16 Broncos! The spread from front to back on the gunshot trail was a good 15 minutes.

OP
OP
swooshdave

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We had ONE group with 16 Broncos! The spread from front to back on the gunshot trail was a good 15 minutes.
9-10 seems like a sweet spot.

DorlanJ

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota Sequoia Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice video. When did you get back/go? I'm heading out there middle of June, but if you went recently looks like it was still pretty chilly?
Also, and this may be a stupid question, do they not allow/take off any of the tops for the trail?

Sponsored

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice video. When did you get back/go? I'm heading out there middle of June, but if you went recently looks like it was still pretty chilly?
Also, and this may be a stupid question, do they not allow/take off any of the tops for the trail?
I was at the LV off-rodeo last weekend. it was chilly and VERY windy.

50-55* but the wind was gusting up to 40mph. We didn't take off the tops because of the weather and dust. My guess is on a nice day they can do this, but not last Sunday...

DorlanJ

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was at the LV off-rodeo last weekend. it was chilly and VERY windy.

50-55* but the wind was gusting up to 40mph. We didn't take off the tops because of the weather and dust. My guess is on a nice day they can do this, but not last Sunday...
Ok, looks like I'll be watching the weather leading up to when I leave. I'm also heading to the LV Off-roadeo (cheapest one by far to get to and do if you're not local or rich). Was planning on shorts and tees, but may take a few long sleeves and a hoodie.

OP
OP
swooshdave

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

April 28th. It was hot on the Strip but cold in the mountains. It may still be cool up at the Roadeo in June. Dress appropriately for both. It's pretty dusty and can be quite windy so no one was asking to take off the top.

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok, looks like I'll be watching the weather leading up to when I leave. I'm also heading to the LV Off-roadeo (cheapest one by far to get to and do if you're not local or rich). Was planning on shorts and tees, but may take a few long sleeves and a hoodie.
check the temp AND the wind. if you were wearing a long sleeved shirt and have a good hard shell jacket that works as a windbreaker, you should be good to go. You don't need a down jacket or anything like that.

Oh and wraparound sunglasses if you have them (like Oakleys) because with the wind whipping around when you are standing around during the lessons you can easily get dust in your eyes.

DorlanJ

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

check the temp AND the wind. if you were wearing a long sleeved shirt and have a good hard shell jacket that works as a windbreaker, you should be good to go. You don't need a down jacket or anything like that.

Oh and wraparound sunglasses if you have them (like Oakleys) because with the wind whipping around when you are standing around during the lessons you can easily get dust in your eyes.
Wrap around sunglasses are the only type of sunglasses I own. Never understood why you'd want sunglasses that only block out about 60% of the light.
Sponsored