First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU Rubi, Sierra Denali, Taco TRD Pro, 4Run LTD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Now, what to do about the lack of a tow package? Anyone figured this out yet? Iā€™d love to put a class III on there...
I'm not certain, but I believe you will be able to buy an OEM receiver from your dealer and I'd be surprised if aftermarket options didn't become available.

BroncoFE1

First Edition
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F150 Diesel
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

That's my plan, I'm just gonna buy a OEM trailer hitch, I'm not gonna tow with it just wanting a hitch to be able to put a bike rack on.

TheeBullhead

First Edition
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Crossfire
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The more I research, the more Iā€™m concerned about not being able to get a tow package installed on my FE prior to picking it up (or anytime soon for that matter).

I just fired off an email to my dealer looking for a 100% confirmation that they can add the DIO tow package. If not, Iā€™m afraid Iā€™ll have to move to a Badlands so I can tow my boat.

Sponsored

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Well, I changed my reservation to a 4-door. I have mixed emotions about it, but I know itā€™s the right choice for the family.

Now, what to do about the lack of a tow package? Anyone figured this out yet? Iā€™d love to put a class III on there...
Iā€™m guessing aftermarket will come through with a rear bumper with integrated hitch. DV8 already has a front bumper with winch mount designed.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Updated my order to CG/NP. Wonder when the first FE orders with no late availability items will be delivered!

Joker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The more I research, the more Iā€™m concerned about not being able to get a tow package installed on my FE prior to picking it up (or anytime soon for that matter).

I just fired off an email to my dealer looking for a 100% confirmation that they can add the DIO tow package. If not, Iā€™m afraid Iā€™ll have to move to a Badlands so I can tow my boat.
What did you find out?

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I would love to hear what you find out. If you could tag me or shoot me a dm I would be very grateful! I also want to tow a small utility trailer, maybe a rugged tear-drop in the future. Besides the navy pier fiasco in the beginning, those 2 things were what had me considering switching trims. I figured there was no way the FE wouldn't be capable of towing 3500lbs but was hoping to have it installed by the dealer at delivery.

TheeBullhead

First Edition
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Crossfire
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Hi
I would love to hear what you find out. If you could tag me or shoot me a dm I would be very grateful! I also want to tow a small utility trailer, maybe a rugged tear-drop in the future. Besides the navy pier fiasco in the beginning, those 2 things were what had me considering switching trims. I figured there was no way the FE wouldn't be capable of towing 3500lbs but was hoping to have it installed by the dealer at delivery.
My dealer responded that they certainly can add a ā€œtow hitchā€ after the Bronco is delivered. He said they farm out that work to another place but that they would help me coordinate it when weā€™re closer to delivery.

Iā€™ve sent a follow-up response to confirm whether or not heā€™s talking about the OEM tow package and if it includes the wiring. I canā€™t imagine it wouldnā€™t, but Iā€™m not taking any chances. Iā€™ll let you know what I hear back.

Sponsored

TheeBullhead

First Edition
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Crossfire
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Hi

My dealer responded that they certainly can add a ā€œtow hitchā€ after the Bronco is delivered. He said they farm out that work to another place but that they would help me coordinate it when weā€™re closer to delivery.

Iā€™ve sent a follow-up response to confirm whether or not heā€™s talking about the OEM tow package and if it includes the wiring. I canā€™t imagine it wouldnā€™t, but Iā€™m not taking any chances. Iā€™ll let you know what I hear back.
He was responding in general terms, but did say that if the OEM is available, I could go that route.

Personally, Iā€™m not really worried about the hitch install but rather the wiring. I want a super clean factory type install, but Iā€™m not sure I want the interior of my brand new ride pulled apart (if thatā€™s how itā€™s routed) to do it.

At this point, Iā€™d almost be willing to pay the full price of the tow package to get the wiring without the hitch just so I could stop researching/thinking about it.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Anyone get confirmation yet whether the $495 for the sound-deadening headliner will be removed from the FE pricing?

BroncoFE1

First Edition
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F150 Diesel
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I haven't seen it confirmed but my from my understanding is that it would be deducted from everyone that has a hard top and since its standard for us First Editions our price should be $495 less than it was, but I could be wrong.

ATLUTDFAN

First Edition
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Well we got screwed. Who else is upset about having to take a MIC top?

3F053929-1E58-403F-B02D-AF3299A2D503.jpeg

F49A34FB-4975-41B6-BF2B-EF014BAD876E.png

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition