First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FE Bronco 22 FE Mav, 23 Mav Tremor, 03 Marauder
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
This is great info, thank you. Do you know if the trailer will integrate into the dash electronics using these parts?

I know it integrates into the wiring harness at the dash, but how the controller mounts is the question. Neither person I spoke with knew for sure if it goes in an existing hole somehow, or it gets mounted under.
Sponsored

RPF

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Raptor 15 Q70S/5.6 19 F-450 21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I know it integrates into the wiring harness at the dash, but how the controller mounts is the question. Neither person I spoke with knew for sure if it goes in an existing hole somehow, or it gets mounted under.
The "Lumens" TBC is a Redarc Tow-Pro Elite with a custom control box that taps into the 3rd brake light wiring to deal with a quirk of the Ranger's in-cab TBC connector that does not provide a brake signal to the TBC if the AEB system triggers. I'm disappointed that it appears that this issue appears not to have been addressed on the Bronco. Then again, maybe the directions in the kit says something like "box not needed on Bronco".

The Redarc Tow-Pro Elite has a remote mount brain and a small knob that gets mounted in the dash. It is a well-regarded aftermarket TBC but it is not the integrated style of brake controller like you would see on a F-Series truck, so it uses inertia to determine brake levels not brake system pressure like the integrated systems do. You will not control or monitor it with the instrument cluster display. You will have to find somewhere in the dash to drill a hole to mount the control knob. In The Ranger there is an area right by the shifter that works pretty well, but who knows where they recommend on the Bronco. The latest instructions I have seen for the kit have not been revised with Bronco information yet.

RPF

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Raptor 15 Q70S/5.6 19 F-450 21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
After some digging and talking to a service tech at another dealership (not my local one, but another about 20 mi away gave me this answer and based on on the hitch installs they do on the Rangers):

At a minimum, you will need two parts:

MB3Z-19D520-A Tow Hitch Assembly Installation Kit
Hitch receiver and bolts/spacers only. No wiring components.
No harness in this P/N
FT1Z-15A416-A 4-pin wiring harness - taps into taillight
harness, mounts to hitch assembly.

If you also want to add the 7-pin connector, you need 2 additional parts:
KB3Z-15K868-D 7-pin wiring harness - Replaces Park aid harness
to add the 7-wire towing harness connector.
FU5Z-14489-A Bumper mount to hold both 4-pin and 7-pin connectors).
4-pin moves from the hitch assy. to the bumper to be
in the same spot.

And if you want to add the trailer brake control:
VM2DZ-2C006-A Trailer brake control: Same LUMEN kit used for the Ranger.
Pain to install, but worth it if you need it.
The FT1Z-15A416-A harness appears to be a universal converter box to connect taillight wiring for systems with separated stop/turn lamps to a 4-wire harness, listed as applicable to various Ford cars and crossovers. While it might work, getting the correct 7-pin wiring harness that uses the fuses and relays in the engine compartment would probably be better.

The KB3Z-15K868-D harness is a Ranger bumper harness and again, it would probably be best to wait for the Bronco part number for this. If it includes the proper connector for the 4/7-pin plug below, the converter box probably would be superfluous.

FU5Z-14489-A is the Ford combined 4/7 pin trailer plug and does not come with a bracket, but looking at the hitch photos the bracket seems to be part of the hitch. This plug is made by Pollack so if one doesn't care about the Ford logo you can get the Pollack version cheaper.

Edit: Looks like the new accessory page for the Bronco shows the splice-in 4-pin harness as applicable to the Bronco. So when deliveries come one of us will have to go talk to some parts guys and find out what the equivalent part is for the Bronco of that Ranger bumper harness.

Last edited:

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Welp, Ford fucked up the black interior as well. The silver dash face they originally showed which looked so good is now gone and replaced with crappy plastic they apparently forgot to paint.

SmartSelect_20210419-173252_Instagram.jpg

SmartSelect_20210419-172910_Instagram.jpg

SmartSelect_20210419-172858_Instagram.jpg

SmartSelect_20210419-172837_Instagram.jpg

Sponsored

broncomorrow

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So grey interior...not a black interior. Disappointing. I’m hoping it looks darker in real life.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So grey interior...not a black interior. Disappointing. I’m hoping it looks darker in real life.
Nah that's just light reflecting on the black leather. It's black, it'll look fine. It's the change to the dash face I'm pissed about.

Machine Gun Fury

Wildtrak
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outerbanks
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Welp, Ford fucked up the black interior as well. The silver dash face they originally showed which looked so good is now gone and replaced with crappy plastic they apparently forgot to paint.

Ford Bronco First Edition Bronco Thread 2021 Bronco First Edition Black Leather 3

Ford Bronco First Edition Bronco Thread 2021 Bronco First Edition Black Leather 3

It sucks but at least you can change that out.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Looks great to me. But I didn’t expect it to look exactly like the renderings, none of the others do.

Sponsored

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
It sucks but at least you can change that out.
That's what I'm hoping for. Who knows how easy it comes apart though. May be easier to wrap with a satin or brushed silver. Guess we'll see. It definitely needs addressed.

Joker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I like the new dash. I'm sure that the leather interior is darker then the picture makes it look.

Joker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Like it or not, just look at that bamf!! It looks tough as hell and I really think we are all going to be happy as a kid a candy store when we are cruising in ours.
Sponsored