Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco, 1969 Mustang, 85 SVO, Mach-e
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Even if the first 7,500 that roll off the line are FE's, they'll be held up for quality checks. I didn't think Ford was exclusively producing FE's to start, but even if that's the case, they'll arrive maybe just a few days before the others. My $.02
Sponsored

rcbickle

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 FX4, BMW M550i, BMW Z4, Mini Cooper, Bronco First Edition Reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Just that the consensus is the FEs will be built first.
I’ve also been checking out the MACH E forum and that’s the case their with the FEs, they are being built first.

So the next question is, do you want to option the way you want it through a Badlands/Wildtrack or does the idea of having it first carry more weight?
From the information we have on costs now from Ford (via their poll), there is about a $3K difference between a FE and my back-up, a Badlands, equipped pretty much identically. I think there are some other perks based on what I read as well in terms of subscription costs, etc. So, I don't care as much about being first. If it continues to be a comparable deal, I will stay with the FE with the interior being the only mental nag. If I don't like it, I know that I like the Badland interiors I have seen on the Sport, s I would probably jump. Ford continues to hint they will have two other interior choices beyond Naval Pier, so just sitting and waiting....

den_jkur

First Edition
First Name
Deepu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKUR
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So I’ve been FE committed (even with Navy interior) until yesterday. I was explaining to someone at work about the latest Bronco saga with Ford’s pricing survey. When I get through explaining the prices and trims, he says, “so you can build the exact same truck for about the same price? So the FE doesn’t have any unique features except for a badge?” I said, “umm, yeah, it’s..well, no, I guess not”

I mean, I kind of already knew that, but when he said it out loud, I realized how ridiculous this is to buy a “special” edition with no unique features but with limited color options and a mandatory interior. I think I’d rather max out a BL or WT and get exactly what I want.

Change my mine! Am I missing something?
I am on the same boat, when I priced FE this week using the pricing survey data the difference between my BL config vs FE was around $3.5K - $4K. i.e is a lot of money for things I dont want plus the fugly interior.

That being said another consideration is the resale value, not just because it is a "First Edition". I think the re-sale value for a First Edition will be better as the MSRP is much higher with out the all add-on is significantly higher than the BL ($63K vs $44.5K), usually the options have much of an impact on the resale in my experience.

HardenUp

First Edition
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Just that the consensus is the FEs will be built first.
I’ve also been checking out the MACH E forum and that’s the case their with the FEs, they are being built first.

So the next question is, do you want to option the way you want it through a Badlands/Wildtrack or does the idea of having it first carry more weight?
If the FEs are delivered 2-3 months early, then ok. But anything less than that, and I'm not sure it's worth the extra 4-5K just to say "First".

OuterBanksBadlandsWildTrakFirst Edition
Starting$ 41,450$ 44,590$ 51,370$ 63,500
Lux$ 3,500$ 5,000$ 3,500$ -
Sasquatch$ 5,000$ 2,500$ -$ -
Aux Switches$ 1,000$ -$ -$ -
Rubber Floors (guess)$ 1,000$ -$ 1,000$ 1,000
Leather/Vinyl Seats (guess)$ 1,500$ -$ 1,500$ -
Hard Top$ 1,900$ 1,900$ -$ -
2.7L$ 3,500$ 3,500$ -$ -
10-Speed$ 1,600$ 1,600$ -$ -
HD Modular Front$ 800$ -$ 800$ -
Tow$ 600$ 600$ 600$ 600
Rails/Crossbars$ 400$ 400$ 400$ 400
Total Invoice$ 62,250$ 60,090$ 59,170$ 65,500

mcalpal

Black Diamond
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If the FEs are delivered 2-3 months early, then ok. But anything less than that, and I'm not sure it's worth the extra 4-5K just to say "First".

OuterBanksBadlandsWildTrakFirst Edition
Starting$ 41,450$ 44,590$ 51,370$ 63,500
Lux$ 3,500$ 5,000$ 3,500$ -
Sasquatch$ 5,000$ 2,500$ -$ -
Aux Switches$ 1,000$ -$ -$ -
Rubber Floors (guess)$ 1,000$ -$ 1,000$ 1,000
Leather/Vinyl Seats (guess)$ 1,500$ -$ 1,500$ -
Hard Top$ 1,900$ 1,900$ -$ -
2.7L$ 3,500$ 3,500$ -$ -
10-Speed$ 1,600$ 1,600$ -$ -
HD Modular Front$ 800$ -$ 800$ -
Tow$ 600$ 600$ 600$ 600
Rails/Crossbars$ 400$ 400$ 400$ 400
Total Invoice$ 62,250$ 60,090$ 59,170$ 65,500
My understanding is the FE has the rubber floors with carpeted mats on top.

Sponsored

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I am on the same boat, when I priced FE this week using the pricing survey data the difference between my BL config vs FE was around $3.5K - $4K. i.e is a lot of money for things I dont want plus the fugly interior.

That being said another consideration is the resale value, not just because it is a "First Edition". I think the re-sale value for a First Edition will be better as the MSRP is much higher with out the all add-on is significantly higher than the BL ($63K vs $44.5K), usually the options have much of an impact on the resale in my experience.
Same boat. Only difference is that I'll max out a Badlands to match the FE and not worry about the price difference. I was going to pay to reupholster the Navy Pier if it was mandatory.

Being first would have been cool, but getting exactly what I want is cooler.

FatThunder84

Raptor
First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Dodge Ram W250, 2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Im still confused as to how a fully loaded Badlands is cheaper than a FE. What is missing from the Badlands, other than the front bull bar and the paint decals? carpet?

den_jkur

First Edition
First Name
Deepu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKUR
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Im still confused as to how a fully loaded Badlands is cheaper than a FE. What is missing from the Badlands, other than the front bull bar and the paint decals? carpet?
I dont think the following are included in any packages:

• Trail Control™ for Off-Road (requires 10-speed transmission)
  • Trail Turn Assist (requires 10-speed transmission)
  • Trail One-Pedal Driving (Requires 2.7L Engine)
  • Hard Top Sound Deadening Headliner (requires Hard Top or Dual Tops)
  • Heated Front Seats
  • Keyless-Entry Keypad
  • Dual-Zone Electronic Automatic Temperature Control

c2one

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Today, I am starting lean towards optioning up from an FE to a Badlands, fully loaded expect for Sasquatch and just add an after-market lift, tires and wheels. Those Sasquatch fenders are really wide and if I got the FE, would probably replace those with fenders from a Badlands.

IDK, that's where my head is at right now .... we'll see once we have real numbers and all of the details.

HardenUp

First Edition
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I dont think the following are included in any packages:

• Trail Control™ for Off-Road (requires 10-speed transmission)
  • Trail Turn Assist (requires 10-speed transmission)
  • Trail One-Pedal Driving (Requires 2.7L Engine)
  • Hard Top Sound Deadening Headliner (requires Hard Top or Dual Tops)
  • Heated Front Seats
  • Keyless-Entry Keypad
  • Dual-Zone Electronic Automatic Temperature Control
Aren't the bottom 4 included in the Mid Package? Not sure about the Trail options, but I'm sure they are likely an option.
Unique Features:
Safari Bar - Meh, can add it to any trim
Unique Interior - Navy. Big Meh
10-way Power Driver's seat - is this unique, not sure.
Early delivery - unconfirmed
Limited Exterior Colors - Even the Base has more options.

Sponsored

Todkavonic

First Edition
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW, Ducati, Guzzi, and the Jeep.
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The exterior color limitations are curious. Since I can’t explain why Ford would limit choice to four non-unique colors; all of which are available on other trim levels, I’d like to think that it implies trim-specific coordination with some other feature, stitching perhaps? Brake calipers? Can anyone think of anything else? At the end of the day, I favor exclusivity/uniqueness (in a fully loaded Bronco) over loaded-ness alone.

Nate

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Aren't the bottom 4 included in the Mid Package? Not sure about the Trail options, but I'm sure they are likely an option.
Unique Features:
Safari Bar - Meh, can add it to any trim
Unique Interior - Navy. Big Meh
10-way Power Driver's seat - is this unique, not sure.
Early delivery - unconfirmed
Limited Exterior Colors - Even the Base has more options.
Yeah, as far as I understood it, all the FE got that the maxed out Badlands didn't was decals, floor mats (which I was gonna toss in a closet anyway), badging, and a boot screen. If that's all I get and the limitations stick, I'm going Badlands. Sad, but it is what it is.

OP
OP
BuckinT29

BuckinT29

First Edition
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa 4C Spyder, Ducati V2, BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Build and price can’t come soon enough. I still believe we will have 3 options.

DarthTod

First Edition
First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition, Mustang GT, F-350 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The exterior color limitations are curious. Since I can’t explain why Ford would limit choice to four non-unique colors; all of which are available on other trim levels, I’d like to think that it implies trim-specific coordination with some other feature, stitching perhaps? Brake calipers? Can anyone think of anything else? At the end of the day, I favor exclusivity/uniqueness (in a fully loaded Bronco) over loaded-ness alone.

Nate
I’m more inclined to think it’s so they can bang them out quickly, with little alteration needed on the assembly line. Limited colors, only one interior, and each unit is almost completely identical because they are loaded with every option. They then become the first Broncos that people see in the wild, they’re drive around billboards for the brand. Everyone that sees one heads to the dealer and wants a similarly optioned model because they saw all the bells and whistles. And we pay the freight on the marketing.

That being said, I’m sticking with my FE reservation. I have a thing for exclusivity.

OP
OP
BuckinT29

BuckinT29

First Edition
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa 4C Spyder, Ducati V2, BMW X1
Your Bronco Model