Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3 Alpha, MINI Cooper S JCW, TVR 280i
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Has anyone been to the Build and Price on the Ford site? The update has a few items, mostly the top options but the interior leather has not been updated, it is still only Navy :-(
Sponsored

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Has anyone been to the Build and Price on the Ford site? The update has a few items, mostly the top options but the interior leather has not been updated, it is still only Navy :-(
I bet they're still deciding how to handle the new black interior. They likely know they can't just match the Badlands, so they need to design something new, but that requires approval loops.

I'd imagine we won't see the new black interior until early next year, maybe mid-January around booking time. Even if it isn't ready by then, I'm sure everything will come to light before close of ordering in March.

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I bet they're still deciding how to handle the new black interior. They likely know they can't just match the Badlands, so they need to design something new, but that requires approval loops.

I'd imagine we won't see the new black interior until early next year, maybe mid-January around booking time. Even if it isn't ready by then, I'm sure everything will come to light before close of ordering in March.
My guess would be the Badlands Black leather with a gray or silver stitching to match the FE Badge. It looks like the FE Navy Pier had a White stitching and white grab handle, we might see a black leather with white stitching to match the grab handle. But I'm only guessing at this point.

Ford Bronco First Edition Bronco Thread Screen Shot 2020-10-14 at 9.27.11 PM

2021-Ford-Bronco-First-Edition-Navy-Pier-Interior-001.jpg

Last edited:

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

If given the option between all Black interior and the Roast/Black interior I would prefer the Roast/Black. But after having Navy Pier as are only option, I'm not going to complain if it's all Black.
476F720E-FA98-4FEC-B938-E8F0B74468A5 (1).jpeg

Sponsored

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

LadyBronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Dani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Roller skates 🛼
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I believe the Black Mod Hardtop is still a late avalability. But we now have the option to ordered dual tops. Just how I read it.
“The B&P didn’t note that these additional top options are late availability items. Ford had previously informed reservation holders that the Mold-in-Color hard top would be the only hardtop option that wouldn’t be late availability. The details screens for these options make no mention of this fact, at least when viewed on certain platforms. The screens even point out that the Shadow Black modular hard top is standard on Wildtrack and First Edition Broncos, a contradiction of their previous statements that these trims would receive a MIC top.”

I took it as, maybe it won’t be late availability? Perhaps just wishful thinking? ??

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

There is still the wild card that there may not actually be 7000 FE orders that get converted. If there are less than 7000 orders, Id assume those open spots would then be opened for dealer stock. Where do those get slotted into the build order I wonder... They said dealer stock was built after ALL reservations, which means those would be 22MY.
I'm too lazy to find it, but it's been said, directly from Ford, that any First Editions reservations not converted to orders will not be built.

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'm too lazy to find it, but it's been said, directly from Ford, that any First Editions reservations not converted to orders will not be built.
This contradicts what the Ford rep told me on the phone when I moved my reservation. Ford said,

- First Edition reservations not converted to orders WILL NOT BE BUILT.
- Ford also unequivocally said MY21 will be for converted reservations only, not dealer stock.

I believe Ford will NOT built FE reservations not converted to orders.
Lazily used the search. This isn't the one I remember, but it backs up what I recall.

Sponsored

HardenUp

First Edition
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

“The B&P didn’t note that these additional top options are late availability items. Ford had previously informed reservation holders that the Mold-in-Color hard top would be the only hardtop option that wouldn’t be late availability. The details screens for these options make no mention of this fact, at least when viewed on certain platforms. The screens even point out that the Shadow Black modular hard top is standard on Wildtrack and First Edition Broncos, a contradiction of their previous statements that these trims would receive a MIC top.”

I took it as, maybe it won’t be late availability? Perhaps just wishful thinking? ??
Yeah, you’re probably right. Probably just wishful thinking to hope for the black top option (early delivery). I honestly don’t mind the MIC, but it’s an obvious clash with the glossy, black grill. It’s just a terribly mismatched pair.

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I recall reading a post that the 7000 FE's would be produce and the ones not converted to orders would be allocated to the top dealers. But it's anyones guess as I think Ford is going to do what ever they feel like. They sure would be giving up alot money if they didn't produce all 7000 units. Producing only converted orders just doesn't make sense financially. Although as a FE holder it sounds good, actually to good to be true. ?
Edit: Just found post by Granger
20201226_141228.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
BuckinT29

BuckinT29

First Edition
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa 4C Spyder, Ducati V2, BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Last edited:

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Kinda looks like the black interior to me...

Ford Bronco First Edition Bronco Thread 136376224_733487797602702_8051983488422906374_n
It's Navy Pier. If you go to BN instagram account there's a few interior shots.
I'm hoping the Black interior option will be available to see before we order.
Sponsored