First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
First world problem, but struggling on my final choice. I have a very early FE reservation and planned to go with that, but now questioning whether Badlands is a better fit:
Color - no question... Cactus Gray either way
Interior - Black... like them both but actually prefer the orange stitching and accents and gray dash and door inserts of the Badlands (FE black is a nice option but a little barren)
Outside - the FE shiny grill and mirrors seem a little out of place and I would need to go Mod top to match. Badlands trim is a little more consistent with the grill, fenders, mirrors, MIC, door handles, etc, all being gray. Likely very rare, but nice option to remove rear windows on MOD.
Decals - nice touch on the FE, but not decision worthy
Cost - Not a major factor, but Badlands almost $5k less if go with MIC. FE may have slightly better resale, but not delusional that this is a collector's item when already selling at invoice or less and lots of special editions to come.
Timing - likely a little quicker for Badlands with MIC, but after waiting years its not really a concern

Am I missing anything? Crazy not to go FE?
I’m in the same boat and am going with Badlands with 33’s. Cheaper and I get the rubberized floors with drains along with the sway bar disconnect.
Sponsored

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'll never understand how they came to a consensus that an ugly navy interior would be best as an exclusive for the FE.... Even the mgv as an option would've probably been a better option

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First world problem, but struggling on my final choice. I have a very early FE reservation and planned to go with that, but now questioning whether Badlands is a better fit:
Interior - Black... like them both but actually prefer the orange stitching and accents and gray dash and door inserts of the Badlands (FE black is a nice option but a little barren)
Outside - the FE shiny grill and mirrors seem a little out of place and I would need to go Mod top to match. Badlands trim is a little more consistent with the grill, fenders, mirrors, MIC, door handles, etc, all being gray. Likely very rare, but nice option to remove rear windows on MOD.
Cost - Not a major factor, but Badlands almost $5k less if go with MIC. FE may have slightly better resale, but not delusional that this is a collector's item when already selling at invoice or less and lots of special editions to come.
Timing - likely a little quicker for Badlands with MIC, but after waiting years its not really a concern

I moved from FE to BL optioned out to FE equivalent for the MGV washout interior and because I don't need power seats.

$4K in my pocket

Sponsored

emerald86

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, 21 Badlands Bronco, 23 Braptor INBOUND
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I'm in the same spot - either going FE LB with painted black top and black leather OR BL SAS not sure on mid, high or lux in A51 or maybe cactus gray. The BN photos of the lightning blue with black leather made my decision much harder.

Smheard

First Edition
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Raptor, ‘21 Macan S, ‘22 Big Bend, '21 FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Just ordered my FE. Cyber Orange, black interior, modular top. Apparently I’m number 4 out of the 140 allocations my dealer has. That said with two late delivery options no telling when I may see my “First Edition” as it may be last

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Just ordered my FE. Cyber Orange, black interior, modular top. Apparently I’m number 4 out of the 140 allocations my dealer has. That said with two late delivery options no telling when I may see my “First Edition” as it may be last
Definitely won’t be after non-FE with late availability items lol

Smheard

First Edition
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Raptor, ‘21 Macan S, ‘22 Big Bend, '21 FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Definitely won’t be after non-FE with late availability items lol
Well I wish I could have faith but up to this point it’s been nothing but a cluster!

TN Bronco

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Range Rover Sport SC, 2005 Mercedes G55
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I'm in the same spot - either going FE LB with painted black top and black leather OR BL SAS not sure on mid, high or lux in A51 or maybe cactus gray. The BN photos of the lightning blue with black leather made my decision much harder.
Glad to know I’m not alone in questioning the FE. However, I’m going all in regardless... 2.7, SAS, Lux, etc. All things being equal, Badlands would be about $3,200 less and seems only thing missing is decals, headliner, and painted handles and mirrors. About $5k less if I go with MIC to match trim on Badlands. I may have answered it.

Sponsored

IXFE

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I’m running out of reasons to order the FE that I reserved...

Reasons to “downgrade” to A51 Badlands (Mic)
MGV
Washout
Trim pieces all match
Tow package (insane not to have this)
Regardless of its popularity, I loved A51 from the start.
$4655 - $6550 cheaper (more on this below)

Reasons to keep my First Edition (Mod)
Probably get it sooner, but maybe not due to Mod top
Lightning Blue + Black leather + Black MOD top & trim is SICK!
Feel like a shame to waste my FE reservation

My BL build is as close to FE as possible. 2.7L, Sas, Lux, Tow, and MIC top to match grill and exterior trim. The only FE stuff I skip are leather (prefer MGV) and brush guard (don’t love this).

The FE MIC is $4655 more than my BL build. But MIC looks bad on FE, at least to my eye. The FE was meant to have the Mod top, imho. Add that $1895 and now the FE is $6550 premium over what I think is the perfect BL. Even if I knew I was getting it earlier (which I don’t), that’s still a stiff price to pay for a few months.

LB does look nice in the BN pics, but it’s hardly what I’d call an exclusive color. Ford has been painting cars and trucks LB for years. And to 99.9% of the population it looks the same as VB unless sitting side by side.

I do feel bad at the thought of NOT capitalizing on my FE lottery ticket. But then I think about the Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition... a couple of years later and who really cares?

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

MGV
Washout
Trim pieces all match

My BL build is as close to FE as possible. 2.7L, Sas, Lux, Tow, and MIC top to match grill and exterior trim. The only FE stuff I skip are leather (prefer MGV) and brush guard (don’t love this).

The FE MIC is $4655 more than my BL build. But MIC looks bad on FE, at least to my eye. The FE was meant to have the Mod top, imho. Add that $1895 and now the FE is $6550 premium over what I think is the perfect BL. Even if I knew I was getting it earlier (which I don’t), that’s still a stiff price to pay for a few months.

LB does look nice in the BN pics, but it’s hardly what I’d call an exclusive color. Ford has been painting cars and trucks LB for years. And to 99.9% of the population it looks the same as VB unless sitting side by side.

I do feel bad at the thought of NOT capitalizing on my FE lottery ticket. But then I think about the Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition... a couple of years later and who really cares?
With all the hype of the Bronco's return, my personal opinion is the First Edition is going to be alot more popular and in higher demand than the Gladiator Launch Edition. I have two FE"s reserved and plan on ordering both. I'll probably trade one in on the Warthog when available, but feel I'll get alot more money on a FE than equal equipped Badlands or Wildtrak. Plus I plan on going black hardtop on both and think the Black Grille, mirrors and beauty rings look fantastic as a package. But it's your hard earned money that will be paying for it, so only you know what's right for you.

WhiteMamba

First Edition
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco FE, 2015 F350 2010 Focus 1995 F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

MGV
Washout
Trim pieces all match

People do forget FE comes with door and top storage bags which i believe are quite a bit?

TheeBullhead

First Edition
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Crossfire
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

It’s going to be a gametime decision for me, FE vs BL. I’ll be placing my order at 11 AM CT today.

I’ve been reading thread after thread trying to find that one thing to make this decision easy,

My biggest concern is that the FE would end up being more show than go for me. With the carpet and leather, do I really want to throw my dirty gear into an FE or climb in with dirty boots?

I’m REALLY worried about regretting my final decision.

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

It’s going to be a gametime decision for me, FE vs BL. I’ll be placing my order at 11 AM CT today.

I’ve been reading thread after thread trying to find that one thing to make this decision easy,

My biggest concern is that the FE would end up being more show than go for me. With the carpet and leather, do I really want to throw my dirty gear into an FE or climb in with dirty boots?

I’m REALLY worried about regretting my final decision.
I abuse the hell our of my Rubicon leather and carpeted floor and plan on doing the same with my FE. Good old Armor-all leather cleaner and a set of weather tech mats work great. But it sounds like your leaning towards a Badlands. It's your money go with gut decision, that's always worked for for me.
Sponsored

Last edited: