First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So I sent my First Edition out for paint protection film and ceramic window tinting last week. Thought I would share an after photo with the front driver and passanger door windows tinted to match the other windows (may not be legal in all areas).

Also, I assume most are aware, but on the paint protection film they should cut around the graphics given their thickness and texture. Also, laying flim over the graphics will alter their matte finish which I didn't want to do either (nor did I want to simply get rid of the graphics). It wasn't cheap, but I had them do the full hood and front quarter panels as well as a 10" strip the full length of the rocker panels, mirrors, headlights, pillars and top of the windshield. He had to hand cut all the decals and it took him a good chunck of the day, but it turned out excellent.

Next project is a the tow hitch.

It was a long, painful and frustrating wait, but I do love my new Bronco!

Bronco2.jpeg

Bronco1.jpeg
What % did you go with?
Sponsored

Two-Track

First Edition
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350, Tesla Model 3; KTM 450 XCF & 300 XC
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
What % did you go with?
Honestly not sure. I just told him to match the other windows. I had them do the ceramic tint on the front windshild as well to cut UV and heat. It has a slight, slight tint to it. Will be nice in the summer.

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

What % did you go with?
Honestly not sure. I just told him to match the other windows. I had them do the ceramic tint on the front windshild as well to cut UV and heat. It has a slight, slight tint to it. Will be nice in the summer.
I've heard 20% is factory tint. But some purists say 18%.

I plan to say the same thing. "Just make it match the rear factory tint."

1stCar76Bronco

First Edition
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Edge Sport tuned
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Sick tint! So you just had the non tinted windows tinted, nothing added to the factory tint?

Sponsored

Two-Track

First Edition
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Sick tint! So you just had the non tinted windows tinted, nothing added to the factory tint?
Correct. I considered swapping out the factory tint for the UV blocking ceramic tint, but I have the BestTop soft top on order and it will go on for the summers.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Looks real good, that will be my first phone call on the way home from the dealer.

Two-Track

First Edition
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
BTW. Had a surprise call Thursday that mine was being delivered Friday. Just some quick pics

Ford Bronco First Edition Bronco Thread FAF3A28F-838F-4EAF-909A-D6B0D61035D5

Looks great. I have to admit the two door is really growing on me and reminded me of the debate I had launch night trying to choose between a two door or a four door reservation.

1stCar76Bronco

First Edition
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Edge Sport tuned
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Looks great. I have to admit the two door is really growing on me and reminded me of the debate I had launch night trying to choose between a two door or a four door reservation.
Probably not the most practical decision, but wife has a 4dr suv and I haven’t decided what to do with my edge sport. Plus oldest will be 16 in a little over a year so why not. Ten years ago, it would have been a MUCH tougher decision!

Having had an OE before, I had to stick w/ the two door.

Sponsored

F-Spot

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla, FJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
congrats! That's the darkest tint I've seen on a new Bronco :cool:
The darkness does seem to vary depending on angle and light. I did 70% on the windshield, 20% on the fronts and added 55% to the factory tint on the rears and hardtop...with the light at the right angle, I can still see someone sitting in the vehicle from outside.

Ford Bronco First Edition Bronco Thread IMG_4077.JPG
Ford Bronco First Edition Bronco Thread IMG_4071.JPG

Last edited:

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Correct. I considered swapping out the factory tint for the UV blocking ceramic tint, but I have the BestTop soft top on order and it will go on for the summers.
You can’t “swap” factory tint, it’s just shaded safety glass. It does nothing to block UV or radiant heat. You should absolutely tint every window with ceramic, even the black glass.

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So I sent my First Edition out for paint protection film and ceramic window tinting last week. Thought I would share an after photo with the front driver and passanger door windows tinted to match the other windows (may not be legal in all areas).

Also, I assume most are aware, but on the paint protection film they should cut around the graphics given their thickness and texture. Also, laying flim over the graphics will alter their matte finish which I didn't want to do either (nor did I want to simply get rid of the graphics). It wasn't cheap, but I had them do the full hood and front quarter panels as well as a 10" strip the full length of the rocker panels, mirrors, headlights, pillars and top of the windshield. He had to hand cut all the decals and it took him a good chunck of the day, but it turned out excellent.

Next project is a the tow hitch.

It was a long, painful and frustrating wait, but I do love my new Bronco!

Looking at your pics, it looks like there’s a bee or something hovering over your hood 😂

Ford Bronco First Edition Bronco Thread 349AC1BB-3143-4494-80CC-D70D0AAF9579

UberGadgetFreak

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FE Bronco 22 FE Mav, 23 Mav Tremor, 03 Marauder
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Today is a good day. Original ETA was 11/5. Today is 10/25.
Somehow, my Bronco found it's way into my driveway almost a full two weeks earlier than expected!
(Note: its dir-tay! Minimal PDI to take delivery so I gotta wash that bad boy!)

IMG_20211025_124934.jpg

IMG_20211025_135547.jpg

IMG_20211025_140003.jpg

IMG_20211025_140014.jpg

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

D-day final here. Took delivery on Saturday of the two First Edition. Cactus Gray went to my son and I kept the lighting Blue. CG was perfect but never ended up at dirt mountain. On the other hand LB had three stone chips on the hood and two on the drivers door. The dealership has offered to paint but I'm thinking of leaving them, as it's a reminder of the scarres from dirt mountain, lol.
20211023_102630.jpg
20211023_102643.jpg
Sponsored