Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Dude. It's you that doesn't get it. The Bronco is advertised fully as the Burger King's "Have It Your Way" vehicle. With all the aftermarket parts, the options, etc, to bring Mercedes into the conversation isn't relevant.

That said, the FE is the tippy-top option, so you'd think you'd have at least equal customization opportunity as the lesser options.
That's not entirely true - in a normal model year, it is not the tippy top option, it flat out won't exist past those initial 7,000 units. That designation belongs to either Badlands (for rock crawling) or Wildtrak (for desert running). As has been pointed out, limited edition models are usually just that -limited in what you can choose.

I hear ya on not liking that Ford showed one thing and now it’s not a thing. I get that for sure. But in that case, just switch to another model.

Regardless of Ford or Mercedes, First Editions are packages that contain specific color combinations that uniquely identifies a limited production vehicle. Otherwise it’s not very limited if it’s just a combination of general options. You’re lucky that Ford is offering exterior color options. Actually, below I think there’s a case for saying they should have limited the exterior colors even more on the FE. Ford could have just as easily say pick a color on the outside that goes with the interior. See below...

Regardless, the FE is not the model for you now. Just like a Mercedes with bright yellow stripes was not for me. At least on the bronco (I believe) you can get every other FE option (other than the blue interior) on almost any other model. With the Mercedes, you could only get yellow stitched seats in the first edition so you were shit out of luck if yellow stitched seats were what you truly wanted. My point, you have to decide if you truly want a first edition or you want color choices. Because other than that Ford is giving you all the same options in the other models.

I think Ford should have limited the exterior colors on the FE to colors that go better with the blue interior. With that said I think the blue interior will look bad ass with a lot of colors. I didn’t order a first edition so I don’t know which exterior colors are going to be available but that blue interior will look great with white, black, charcoal gray, cactus gray, silver, any of the blue colors. Just not the yellows or reds.
This - it's a limited edition in limited colors.

Did this channel just turn into a D*** measuring contest? Point is the interior is fugly. If you want to make it a single option, make it something more appealing to the masses, something people wish they could get in their Badlands, Wildtrak, etc. The blue and black isnt unique and a lot of people find it off-putting. A quality brown leather interior would match every exterior color....

That being said, once the builder is up and running, I'll compare a built out Badlands vs a FE. Im just upset that Ive waited yrs for this release, dragging my beater around, giving it CPR at least once a yr so I could afford a top of the line Bronco, and a garbage looking interior is gonna keep that from happening.

More power to the few that like the blue interior and congrats to the dealers that will inherit the dropped reservations.

Mic Drop
I don't think it's fugly. I'd choose it if I could.

Not to burst your bubble, but the Navy Pier interior is straight from the Outerbanks trim level. So the unique interior theory just got flushed down the drain.
The FE is advertised as having the best features from all the other trim levels combined in one. Screen shot direct from ford website.
Screenshot_20200727-192330_Chrome.jpg
By that I think they mean more the full trims of it - I'd have to imagine it'll have something more unique.
Sponsored

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

What you say makes sense, to a point. For it to work Ford would have to pick the most popular paint colors (I'm not sure they have, my opinion), maybe even a color only offed for the FE (Cyber Orange is also offered on Wildtrak). Navy Pier seems to be the Least Popular interior. However this interior would go with any exterior color and looks truly First Edition worthy.

Bronco Dash .jpg
I love it I love it I love it.
Ford Bronco First Edition Bronco Will Have Navy Pier Interior Option Only 1595897681508

rcamwilkes

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Toyota Yaris
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

That's not entirely true - in a normal model year, it is not the tippy top option, it flat out won't exist past those initial 7,000 units. That designation belongs to either Badlands (for rock crawling) or Wildtrak (for desert running). As has been pointed out, limited edition models are usually just that -limited in what you can choose.

This - it's a limited edition in limited colors.

I don't think it's fugly. I'd choose it if I could.

By that I think they mean more the full trims of it - I'd have to imagine it'll have something more unique.
Limited editions always refer to limited amount not limited options. Ask any dictionary. By definition that is limited edition.

In my opinion these are not true limited editions though because they are not precise copies of each other since there is at least one option.

Badplaid72

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Argh..! Here be the two pence of a retired U.S. Sailor who has walked down many a pier on this blue planet... and none a them bastards we’re freakin blue. All piers are freakin gray, or other gray, or some are even a lighter, or darker gray. They are usually covered with crap, it’s orderly crap but still crap, and there are cables, lines, cranes, dumpsters, sweepers, and all manner of Navy crap. Navy pier’s are not beautiful, they are functional and necessary for our countries freedom. But damnit they are not blue or freakin special.

Ford, you want to tip your hat to the Navy? Call the interior Navy Blue. And then, just like the Cracker Jack Dress Blues worn by U.S. heroes for generations, make it black. You see, in the Navy, navy blue... is black!

Dang, should’ve called Area 51, Navy Haze Gray, just like our beautiful Fleet!

But. I like the blue! ?

Go Navy!

Sponsored

rcbickle

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 FX4, BMW M550i, BMW Z4, Mini Cooper, Bronco First Edition Reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Taking shit WAY to personal man. WAYYYYY too personal! Your option is to not get an FE if you don’t like the color. Quit whining. You have options. Lol
Not taking it personally at all. Don't read into things with hypersensitivity. And again, it is not whining. It is called influencing. And honestly, I really don't need you telling me what I can do or not do (you did it again here). I will buy what I want and I long since stopped asking anyone for permission. Well, except the wife. :D

Honestly, your tone is coming off a bit condescending, but hey, I am trying not to read into it as well. I am sure you really are just trying to express your viewpoint (that being that you like the Blue and don't think anyone should complain, right?). I just disagree with you. That is what makes the world great, we are all not the same.

So one more time... Ford has asked feedback. The decisions are not yet final. It is my money, my right to provide feedback, and if you don't like it, don't read it. It won't hurt my feelings, honest. Best of luck. Enjoy the Blue interior if that is what you get. It is all good with me. See you on the trail. :)

rcbickle

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 FX4, BMW M550i, BMW Z4, Mini Cooper, Bronco First Edition Reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Argh..! Here be the two pence of a retired U.S. Sailor who has walked down many a pier on this blue planet... and none a them bastards we’re freakin blue. All piers are freakin gray, or other gray, or some are even a lighter, or darker gray. They are usually covered with crap, it’s orderly crap but still crap, and there are cables, lines, cranes, dumpsters, sweepers, and all manner of Navy crap. Navy pier’s are not beautiful, they are functional and necessary for our countries freedom. But damnit they are not blue or freakin special.

Ford, you want to tip your hat to the Navy? Call the interior Navy Blue. And then, just like the Cracker Jack Dress Blues worn by U.S. heroes for generations, make it black. You see, in the Navy, navy blue... is black!

Dang, should’ve called Area 51, Navy Haze Gray, just like our beautiful Fleet!

But. I like the blue! ?

Go Navy!
LOL. Squid Blue Exterior, Haze Grey Roof, with Black Shoe Leather Seats? Maybe that is my problem with the color, it is giving e flashbacks and PTSD. LOL.

regularbronco

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Mike, Mr. Levine if you will, please go into the Wild and Give First Editions Three options for interiors!

You have gone so far, I have faith in you, you can do this, you will make us Proud and it will reflect great credit on your department, The Heritage Division, Ford Motor Company, and the United States of America

Sponsored

rcamwilkes

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Toyota Yaris
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Mike, Mr. Levine if you will, please go into the Wild and Give First Editions Three options for interiors!

You have gone so far, I have faith in you, you can do this, you will make us Proud and it will reflect great credit on your department, The Heritage Division, Ford Motor Company, and the United States of America
Ford would earn an immense amount of respect for being willing to make this essential change. It would separate them from the rest of the manufacturers showing their immediate response to customer feedback.