BroncoBarn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clean the seals good and apply a very thin coat of dielectric grease.
Sponsored

threeonone

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ya I hear ya. I used an ice scraper and just tapped the ice until it broke free.

EA10684D-495A-4579-B6AE-00AA19CA1741.jpeg

Newusername

Wildtrak
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F350, 17 GT350, 22 Bronco (on order)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Years back i had a few Subaru's that had frameless windows and i can't remember ever really having many issues and we get real winter over here in Eastern Canada. Some Lithium grease on the seals a few times during the winter to keep them up is all I ever did.

I am more worried about the ice or slush building up on the rear flare on my 4 door if I'm being honest, but it can't be worse than iver buildup on the power running boards on my F350 or the wife's Expedition.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm also a 4dr in snow country so interested for sure. Do you suppose mud flaps would help?
Not from accumulating snow overnight when you do not have a garage..

If the accumulation on top is from driving then that's some serious front wheel spinning to send front wheel snow to the top of the back flare - or it is just too wide tires for the flares. Buy flare extensions

Sponsored

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Haha...

All those places are all high elevation. They aren't nearly as cold as other places with lots of snow. And even there, the bright sun comes out every day and warms up your car. Yes, the fender flare might have some snow on it, but it won't have a crazy layer of ice. Just don't park the Bronco in the shade.

Now... I have to decide what to wear today. It's only getting up to the mid 80s.🤣🤣

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Clean the seals good and apply a very thin coat of dielectric grease.
OP was talking about outside the door on top of the fender, not the door seals. which reminds me i have to do it on my volvo. door seals always stick in the winter.

BroncoBarn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP was talking about outside the door on top of the fender, not the door seals. which reminds me i have to do it on my volvo. door seals always stick in the winter.
He was worried about the windows because of them sliding down in order to open the doors, this would help to keep the window from freezing to the seals.

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

He was worried about the windows because of them sliding down in order to open the doors, this would help to keep the window from freezing to the seals.
He said the rear window wasn't and issue. He was talking about snow and ice forming on top of the rear fender blocking the door from opening.

Sponsored

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the drop-down window thing on my Challenger also. I can tell you that my Windows have frozen UP, so that I had to pull against a very stiff window deal (at the top) to get the door open.

I'm planning on just cracking the drivers side window in a hard freeze situation - like when I'd leave the wipers raised off the window. I hope that the seal is just wide enough to keep snow from blowing in the window if I leave it down that 1/4 inch or so.

Another option - if you have it - is to remote start the Bronco and let it warm up enough to open the door without issue.

The Challenger gets the Garage, so the Bronco will have to brave the elements. Good thing it's 'Build Ford Tough', I guess.
I had a windshield crack from letting it heat up / using defroster to help melt ice. It was an 80's car, maybe newer glass is more resistant, but I've never tried it again with another car. Wranglers are the best for snow / ice removal though since they are so small and almost completely vertical. Everything slides off quickly.

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Just poor some salt on them!

Wide Open Roads

Badlands
First Name
Stace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Outback, '57 Alfa Romeo Giulietta, '10 911 C2S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Rule #23 Don't store ice scraper on back seat
I try to remind my wife not to store hers in the hatch of her Subie. Always leaves it there nonetheless...
Sponsored